All Forums | Main Page | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 SHIPS AND VOYAGES
 The ships
 "Restaurasjonen" fra 1825
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Alexej
Starting member

Norway
5 Posts

Posted - 06/12/2001 :  18:07:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Can somebody help me to find same information , specialy , about boat construction for "Restaurasjonen" .
It was build in Norway in 1801.
We are planing to build a tro copy of this boat and meke the same joney throw the Atlantic Ocean from Norway to America as the først religion emigrants did in 1825. If someone has ideas obout it , please take a contact with me. It could be a very interesting project.
E-mail : alexejvm@frisurf.no

Alexej V. Moukhine

tlthomasii
Starting member

USA
5 Posts

Posted - 27/08/2003 :  03:38:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have a color Christmas card of the Restaurasjonen so you can at least see what it looked like sailing off Stavanger. I'll attach if I can. Can't in this forum. I'll reply direct to you and attach it.

Tom Thomas
Go to Top of Page

okwheeler
New on board

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 26/10/2003 :  17:34:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
As a descendant of 4 Norwegians aboard the Sloop Restoration, I am building some web pages devoted to this topic. I am trying to collect available information on, and images of, the Restoration. Please check out this web site:
http://www.wheelerfolk.org/sloop.htm
and let me know what you think. If you have any corrections or additions to offer, please send them my way.
Keith Wheeler

Keith Wheeler from California
Go to Top of Page

James E Heg
Member of honor

USA
135 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2003 :  23:14:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Some very good information on RESTAURATION can be found at <www.naha.stolaf.edu> including her purchase, alterations, dimensions, the voyage, etc. Go to Volume 25 and click on the article "What we can do for Them."
I was in Norway in 1975, when the 150th anniversary of the voyage was being celebrated. I brought home two commerative plates and a few Norwegian coins which pictured the ship. The most popular (official?) Norwegian version seems to be the port, broadside view showing her carrying 3 squaresails and 2 stuns'ls. On both my plates she is definitely clinker built and flying the Norwegian flag.

I hope this helps. Jim Heg
Go to Top of Page

cardis
New on board

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 16/06/2008 :  19:09:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am new to the Slooper list. My great great great great grandmother and grandfather were Cornelius Nelson and Cari/Keri Peerson. I am trying to learn as much as I can about them, their trip and their family. I would love to have a copy of that Christimas card mentioned by tlthomasii. Thanks!
Christine
Go to Top of Page

Borge
Veteran Moderator

Norway
1293 Posts

Posted - 16/06/2008 :  19:14:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
There is a picture in the image gallery: Restaurasjonen

Børge Solem
Go to Top of Page

Mary Theresa javner
New on board

Norway
4 Posts

Posted - 15/06/2010 :  16:30:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am also new to this. My great great great great granfather was on this ship. His name was Ole Olson. If any one can help me I would appreciate it alot
mary J.
Go to Top of Page

Mary Theresa javner
New on board

Norway
4 Posts

Posted - 15/06/2010 :  18:10:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am new to this site and I am having trouble figuring it out. I guess above here I ask for help looking for Ole Olson. I signed out as Mary J. it should of been Mary Theresa Javner sorry
Go to Top of Page

Hopkins
Norway Heritage Veteran

USA
3351 Posts

Posted - 15/06/2010 :  21:16:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
http://www.norwayheritage.com/articles/templates/norwegian_settl.asp?articleid=31&zoneid=17
Go to Top of Page

Ron Berkland
New on board

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 16/06/2010 :  15:21:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A replica of the Restauration was recently completed by a boat builder named Jørn Magne Flesjå from Finnøy kommune near Stavanger. The local newspaper, Øyposten, published several articles about the project in March and April editions.

There is also an organization "Restauration Venneforening" (Friends of the Restauration) online at www.restauration.no that might be helpful to you.

Ron Berkland

Ron Berkland
Go to Top of Page

okwheeler
New on board

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2010 :  04:00:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The replica of the original sloop Restauration was launched in April 2010 on Finnøy, north of Stavanger. It was christened in Stavanger harbor on June 16, 2010. I have made an English language index for info, photos & videos about this replica at:
http://www.wheelerfolk.org/sloop-replica.htm
Enjoy,
Keith from California ( Slooper descendant)
www.WheelerFolk.org

Keith Wheeler from California
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Norway Heritage Community © NorwayHeritage.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
Articles for Newbies:

Hunting Passenger Lists:

An article describing how, and where, to look for passenger information about Norwegian emigrants
    1:   Emigration Records - Sources - Timeline
    2:   Canadian Records (1865-1935)
    3:   Canadian Immigration Records Database
    4:   US arrivals - Customs Passenger Lists
    5:   Port of New York Passenger Records
    6:   Norwegian Emigration Records
    7:   British outbound passenger lists

The Transatlantic Crossing:

An article about how the majority of emigrants would travel. It also gives some insight to the amazing development in how ships were constructed and the transportation arranged
    1:   Early Norwegian Emigrants
    2:   Steerage - Between Decks
    3:   By sail - daily life
    4:   Children of the ocean
    5:   Sailing ship provisions
    6:   Health and sickness
    7:   From sail to steam
    8:   By steamship across the ocean
    9:   The giant express steamers

Search Articles :
Search the Norway Heritage articles

Featured article