All Forums | Main Page | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 NORWEGIAN GENEALOGY
 Kiwi Vikings & Aussies
 family bolstad
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

NearNorsewood
Kiwi Viking special member

New Zealand
138 Posts

Posted - 20/01/2007 :  02:49:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It looks like Hans HANSEN BOLSTAD's older brother, Samuel HANSEN, also immigrated to NZ with his family. He arrived in NZ aboard the 1873 "Høvding" (Hans arrived a year earlier on the 1872 "Høvding").

Samuel and family can be found emigrating here:
http://digitalarkivet.uib.no/cgi-win/webcens.exe?slag=visbase&sidenr=34&filnamn=EMIOSLO&gardpostnr=29356&spraak=e&merk=29356#ovre

Samuel was born in Aas (Ås), Akershus, Norway, according to his marriage record. His father was Hans SIMENSEN according to marriage record.

Pip
=====
Norsewood Cemetery & Settlers' Genealogies Project
www.norsewoodcemetery.co.nz

Edited by - NearNorsewood on 20/01/2007 02:51:06
Go to Top of Page

inca
New on board

Australia
1 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2007 :  02:12:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
To add to the ever growing line of Bolstads, I am the grand daughter of Samuel maxwell Bolstad, and Minnie Rubina Stuckey. My mother Winifred joan, is their daughter. Samuel was 32 yrs old in 1918, when my mother was born and lived in Sydney Australia. My grandparents had 7 children, altogether, most of whom are all now deceased. Maybe, somewhere along the line I'm related to any other Aussie Bolstads.
Go to Top of Page

NearNorsewood

New Zealand
138 Posts

Posted - 07/04/2007 :  01:10:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi, Inca.

Do you know if the Aussie Bolstads are related to the Kiwi ones?

Pip
=====

Edited by - NearNorsewood on 07/04/2007 01:10:52
Go to Top of Page

Kåarto
Norway Heritage Veteran

Norway
5861 Posts

Posted - 07/04/2007 :  12:19:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,
I think Per is right about the spelling of Bolstad, it´s Bølstad, Bølstad i (in) Aas according Hans´ church record from 1839.

Maybe the pronunciation of Boelstad is more relevant to Bølstad.

The letter O with one or two ´ abowe is Ø.

Hans Hansen´s, pointed out by Philippa, Confirmation was August 6. 1854 in Aas Prestegjeld / Parish, nr 7, Hans Hansen Skuterud: http://www.arkivverket.no/URN:kb_read?idx_kildeid=5749&idx_id=5749&uid=ny&idx_side=-137

Hans Hansen, this is his parents, wedding in Aas parish in Akershus Nov 2. 1833.

Ungkarl /Bachelor Hans Simensen Syverud age 24 og/and Pigen/Unmarried girl Kristine Olsdatter Syverud age 24.
Couple nr 18.
http://www.arkivverket.no/URN:kb_read?idx_kildeid=7554&idx_id=7554&uid=ny&idx_side=-114

Next:
Hans Simonsen´s "father" are named Hans in this record, it likely means that his father Simen was dead and he was represented by Hans Kind, or it´s just a wrong spelling?

Kristine´s father was named Ole Syverud, but it was Hans who was born on Syverud Dec. 10. 1809, parents Simen Johannesen and Ingeborg Hansdatter Syverud (Hans was named after his mothers father, he likely has an older brother Johannes).
All the godparents, Gunner, Torkel Hansen, Maria Torkelsdatter and Maria Larsdatter was from farm Syverud, except Johanne Hansdatter who was from Bierche/Bjerke

Page 372, Nr 46.
http://www.arkivverket.no/URN:kb_read?idx_kildeid=7548&idx_id=7548&uid=ny&idx_side=-177

Kåre

Edited by - Kåarto on 08/04/2007 19:25:21
Go to Top of Page

Thorbjorn Jensen
Starting member

Norway
5 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2007 :  16:59:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
To pip
Are you certain about your ancestors came from Hvidsten.?
Is Captain/skipper Hans Hansen Bølstad, son of Hans Andreassen Bølstad, Hvidsten, Akershus, one of your great grandfathers, then I can give you more info.
Per and I will sort out and inform you.
Th.
Go to Top of Page

NearNorsewood

New Zealand
138 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2007 :  04:26:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi, Thorbjorn.

I am not related to Hans Hansen Bølstad, but have an interest in the family as part of a larger project on the early settlers of Norsewood, a Norwegian settlement in New Zealand. My ancestors were among the 1st settlers there in 1872 and would have travelled with Hans on the same ship.

I am interested in any information you can supply.

Pip
=====
Go to Top of Page

Ciscoshell
New on board

Australia
2 Posts

Posted - 20/06/2007 :  14:49:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello,

Winifred Bolstad is my 2nd cousin, twice removed. I have her grandfather as Peter Bolstad - is this correct?

Regards
Paul
Go to Top of Page

dwssnell
Medium member

USA
119 Posts

Posted - 29/06/2007 :  19:40:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My great-grandfather was also Hans Hansen Bolstad, born on the Bolstad farm in Evanger, Voss in 1811. He came to America in the late 1850's or early 60's. I am still trying to find his immigration record, but I know he was married in Columbia County, Wisconsin in 1862. His mother was Ingeborg Johannesdatter from Bolstad. If anyone has a connection to this Hans Hansen, I would love to hear from you.
Go to Top of Page

jwiborg
Norway Heritage Veteran

Norway
4961 Posts

Posted - 30/06/2007 :  02:53:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by dwssnell

I know he was married in Columbia County, Wisconsin in 1862.
What township?

There is a Hans Hanson (50) in the 1860 US-census for Leeds, Columbia, Wisconsin.

Jan Peter
Go to Top of Page

renia
New on board

Norway
1 Posts

Posted - 21/07/2007 :  23:12:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,
Simon Johannesen and Ingeborg Hansen married in 1807 (http://www.arkivverket.no/URN:kb_read?idx_kildeid=7548&idx_id=7548&uid=ny&idx_side=-252), and they got the son Johannes in 1808 (http://www.arkivverket.no/URN:kb_read?idx_kildeid=7548&idx_id=7548&uid=ny&idx_side=-175 ), followed by Hans in 1809 ( http://www.arkivverket.no/URN:kb_read?idx_kildeid=7548&idx_id=7548&uid=ny&idx_side=-177 ) and the daughter Karen in 1815 (http://www.arkivverket.no/URN:kb_read?idx_kildeid=7549&idx_id=7549&uid=ny&idx_side=-2). The latter was my great-great-great-grandmother
Go to Top of Page

donbolstad
Starting member

New Zealand
21 Posts

Posted - 11/09/2008 :  03:12:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by inca

To add to the ever growing line of Bolstads, I am the grand daughter of Samuel maxwell Bolstad, and Minnie Rubina Stuckey. My mother Winifred joan, is their daughter. Samuel was 32 yrs old in 1918, when my mother was born and lived in Sydney Australia. My grandparents had 7 children, altogether, most of whom are all now deceased. Maybe, somewhere along the line I'm related to any other Aussie Bolstads.

Go to Top of Page

donbolstad
Starting member

New Zealand
21 Posts

Posted - 11/09/2008 :  04:05:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
inca you can contact me for all info to do with my great grandfather hans who was your grandfathers grandfather I have all of our family history here Sams father wasmy grandfathers eldest brother and left New Zealand for Aussie. His name is Haakon Peder Bolstad I tried to contact arelative in Sydney but no luck regards Don bolstad
Go to Top of Page

barryerickson
Starting member

New Zealand
7 Posts

Posted - 26/12/2011 :  11:20:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hej
My name is Barry Erickson, My Gr.Gr. Grandfather Samuel Hansen b. 1834 Syverudplass As Ahershus Norge is Hans Hansen Bolstad's elder brother. We are in the process of repairing Samuel's grave at Dannevirke. I would appreciate any contact with wider family members.It is my wife' and my intention to visit Scandinavia 2012 and would like to share a meal with living relatives in Sweden (Erickson/Fager/ Person), and in Norway, Hansen/ Simonsen/ JohannsenNeilsen/Arnesen/etc. If any of you are in contact with relatives or have photographs documents etc that may assist me with our family history please contact me . barry.erickson@xtra.co.nz
Go to Top of Page

andeegoofy
New on board

USA
0 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2021 :  23:52:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello there! I have Bolstads tha tlived on that farm in Norway of Sognefjord that I'd like to see if you own their farm.
It belonged to Ole Halvorsen (bolstad) and his wife Marte until their departure around 1840's.
thanks!
Andrea
quote:
Originally posted by per

Hi,
Last year a man from New Zealand named Bolstad came to wisit me here at my farm in Norway. He was looking for his Norwegian roots. The name of the farm is Bolstad or more correct in Norwegian: Bølstad.
I am the present owner of the farm but not a Bølstad relative.
Anyway, I am interested in genology and have since then been looking for the roots of Hans Bølstad who emigrated to N.Z.
As far as I have seen until now it is not possible to connect him directly to this particular farm. There are two Bølstad farms in Ås community, and all in all only 3 Bølstad farms in Norway. But what I have found is that Hans was born at the very place where Såner School now is located. This is about 20 km. from here. Later on he moved to a place called Hvitsten located at the eastern side of the Oslo fjord, also not far from here.
The family had a house there called Bølstadgården. The place of Hvitsten is quite small, but it is a very shiping orientaded place. I am happy to help you more in your resurch.
Best regards from Norway.
Per

quote:
Originally posted by JENNIFER TURNER

HI MY NAME IS JENNIFER TURNER I AM A COUSIN TO SONNY & DAVID BOLSTAD THE WOODCHOPPER. MY GREATGRANDMOTHER WAS EILEEN MYRTLE WARREN (NEE BOLSTAD) SHE WAS A SISTER TO SONNYS FATHER LESLEY BOLSTAD. SHE WAS ONE OF THREE CHILDREN. THEIR WAS ANOTHER SISTER STELLA BOLSTAD. THEIR FATHER WAS HARRY(JOHAN) BOLSTAD AND THEIR GRANDFATHER WAS HANS BOLSTAD.

HANS & CHRISTIANA BOLSTAD ARRIVED IN NEW ZEALAND IN 1872 ABOARD THE HOVDING WITH 6 CHILDREN. THEIR NAMES WERE CHRISTINA(DIED IN INFANCY), HAAKON, ANNA, KARL, CHRIS & MARY AFTER THEY ARRIVED IN NEW ZEALAND THEY HAD ANOTHER 7 CHILDREN THEIR NAMES WERE JOHAN, OSKAN, CHRISTINA, HANS, WILHELM, SARAH& ALEK

MY GRANDMOTHER CECILY EVANS HAS MORE INFO SO EMAIL IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO KNOW ANYTHING ELSE

MY EMAIL ADDRESS FOR MORE INFO IS jt13nz@yahoo.co.nz

Andrea F Meyers
Go to Top of Page

andeegoofy
New on board

USA
0 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2021 :  23:54:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello there! I have Bolstads tha tlived on that farm in Norway of Sognefjord that I'd like to see if you own their farm.
It belonged to Ole Halvorsen (bolstad) and his wife Marte until their departure around 1840's.
thanks!
Andrea
quote:
Originally posted by per

Hi,
Last year a man from New Zealand named Bolstad came to wisit me here at my farm in Norway. He was looking for his Norwegian roots. The name of the farm is Bolstad or more correct in Norwegian: Bølstad.
I am the present owner of the farm but not a Bølstad relative.
Anyway, I am interested in genology and have since then been looking for the roots of Hans Bølstad who emigrated to N.Z.
As far as I have seen until now it is not possible to connect him directly to this particular farm. There are two Bølstad farms in Ås community, and all in all only 3 Bølstad farms in Norway. But what I have found is that Hans was born at the very place where Såner School now is located. This is about 20 km. from here. Later on he moved to a place called Hvitsten located at the eastern side of the Oslo fjord, also not far from here.
The family had a house there called Bølstadgården. The place of Hvitsten is quite small, but it is a very shiping orientaded place. I am happy to help you more in your resurch.
Best regards from Norway.
Per

quote:
Originally posted by JENNIFER TURNER

HI MY NAME IS JENNIFER TURNER I AM A COUSIN TO SONNY & DAVID BOLSTAD THE WOODCHOPPER. MY GREATGRANDMOTHER WAS EILEEN MYRTLE WARREN (NEE BOLSTAD) SHE WAS A SISTER TO SONNYS FATHER LESLEY BOLSTAD. SHE WAS ONE OF THREE CHILDREN. THEIR WAS ANOTHER SISTER STELLA BOLSTAD. THEIR FATHER WAS HARRY(JOHAN) BOLSTAD AND THEIR GRANDFATHER WAS HANS BOLSTAD.

HANS & CHRISTIANA BOLSTAD ARRIVED IN NEW ZEALAND IN 1872 ABOARD THE HOVDING WITH 6 CHILDREN. THEIR NAMES WERE CHRISTINA(DIED IN INFANCY), HAAKON, ANNA, KARL, CHRIS & MARY AFTER THEY ARRIVED IN NEW ZEALAND THEY HAD ANOTHER 7 CHILDREN THEIR NAMES WERE JOHAN, OSKAN, CHRISTINA, HANS, WILHELM, SARAH& ALEK

MY GRANDMOTHER CECILY EVANS HAS MORE INFO SO EMAIL IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO KNOW ANYTHING ELSE

MY EMAIL ADDRESS FOR MORE INFO IS jt13nz@yahoo.co.nz

Andrea F Meyers
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Norway Heritage Community © NorwayHeritage.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
Articles for Newbies:

Hunting Passenger Lists:

An article describing how, and where, to look for passenger information about Norwegian emigrants
    1:   Emigration Records - Sources - Timeline
    2:   Canadian Records (1865-1935)
    3:   Canadian Immigration Records Database
    4:   US arrivals - Customs Passenger Lists
    5:   Port of New York Passenger Records
    6:   Norwegian Emigration Records
    7:   British outbound passenger lists

The Transatlantic Crossing:

An article about how the majority of emigrants would travel. It also gives some insight to the amazing development in how ships were constructed and the transportation arranged
    1:   Early Norwegian Emigrants
    2:   Steerage - Between Decks
    3:   By sail - daily life
    4:   Children of the ocean
    5:   Sailing ship provisions
    6:   Health and sickness
    7:   From sail to steam
    8:   By steamship across the ocean
    9:   The giant express steamers

Search Articles :
Search the Norway Heritage articles

Featured article