All Forums | Main Page | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 NORWEGIAN GENEALOGY
 General genealogy
 Ingebjorg and Kristen Svinson Sexe -Nedre Sekse
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

kmn24
Starting member

20 Posts

Posted - 28/12/2006 :  01:12:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i found him earlier and we have emailed.. I get it now what you were doing... I emailed him some of what I have ... he will share with family what I sent.. thanks for letting me know.. you are right on the ball... I may have missed all this- I appreciate your help!!! Thanks again!!!!
Go to Top of Page

pberven
Starting member

USA
6 Posts

Posted - 26/03/2016 :  22:08:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by kmn24

I am lookiing for Ingebjorg (1845 - ) who married Kristen Sveinson. Ingebjorg would be Amund Jakobson and Gunnhild Persdtr , Fresvik son... Bygdabok says they moved to Spring Valley , Wisc. Any living family???

I am also looking for Anna (1862 - _ same parents as Ingebjorg.. Anna m Teodor Tobiassen, Haugesund. Any information ??

Also Asmund Asmundson (1858 - 1938) who married Gurid Persdtr (1854-1937) family information

My Great Grandfather was Per (1850) from this same family.. thank you....KIM

Go to Top of Page

pberven
Starting member

USA
6 Posts

Posted - 26/03/2016 :  23:07:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Kristen Svendsen born 12 Aug 1845, at Østre Berven, Ullensvang, was married on 7 Sep 1870, to Ingeborg Marie Osmundsdatter Sexe, born 6 Jan 1845 at Skjeldaas, Ullensvang. Kristen's parents were Svend Olsen and Guri Haldorsdatter. Ingeborg's parents were Aasmund Jakobsen and Gunnilda Pedersdatter. Kristen and Ingeborg emigrated in 1875 aboard the steamship Indiana, arriving in Philadelphia on 2 Aug 1875. They were accompanied by their three children; Guri, 20 Jun 1871, Bergen; Ermine Hilda, 19 Aug 1873; and Sven Christian, 21 Sep 1874, Solemviken, Bergen. Contrary to some of the information out there, Kristen never lived in Spring Valley, WI. Kristen immediately went to Springfield. IL and attended Concordia Seminary. From there, he and Ingeborg moved to Red Wing, MN where he was a Lutheran pastor from 1876 to 1888. He and Ingeborg then lived in Lounsbury, SD where he served the parishes in Lounsbury, Bradley and Lily. They had five additional children born in Red Wing, MN: Christine, 1877; Martha, 1880; Oscar, 1882; Edward Bernhard, 12 Jul 1884; and Bertha Oline,13 Jul 1887. Kristen's son Sven Berven, also became a Lutheran minister and served parishes in Luverne, MN; Nerstrand, MN; and Spring Valley, WI. Thus it was Sven, not Kristen, who lived in Spring Valley, WI.

http://www.arkivverket.no/URN:NBN:no-a1450-kb20070522640627.jpg Kristen's birth

http://www.arkivverket.no/URN:NBN:no-a1450-kb20070522640621.jpg Ingeborg's birth

Go to Top of Page

pberven
Starting member

USA
6 Posts

Posted - 21/02/2017 :  03:04:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by kmn24

I am lookiing for Ingebjorg (1845 - ) who married Kristen Sveinson. Ingebjorg would be Amund Jakobson and Gunnhild Persdtr , Fresvik son... Bygdabok says they moved to Spring Valley , Wisc. Any living family???

I am also looking for Anna (1862 - _ same parents as Ingebjorg.. Anna m Teodor Tobiassen, Haugesund. Any information ??

Also Asmund Asmundson (1858 - 1938) who married Gurid Persdtr (1854-1937) family information

My Great Grandfather was Per (1850) from this same family.. thank you....KIM

Go to Top of Page

pberven
Starting member

USA
6 Posts

Posted - 21/02/2017 :  03:14:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I made a mistake in my previous post as to the farm from which Kristen Berven came: it is Øvre Børve, not Østre Børve.
Go to Top of Page

AntonH
Norway Heritage Veteran

USA
9141 Posts

Posted - 21/02/2017 :  04:50:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You can easily correct a mistake in a posting. Hover your mouse over the icons and click on the one that says Edit Reply. The box that pops up allows you to make additions or corrections. When you are done click on the box labelled Post Reply. The correction will appear in the main body of postings.
Go to Top of Page

pberven
Starting member

USA
6 Posts

Posted - 21/02/2017 :  04:57:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks. That's helpful information.
Go to Top of Page

eibache
Norway Heritage Veteran

Norway
6495 Posts

Posted - 21/02/2017 :  14:03:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Kresten (Kristen) Svendsen, his parents and siblings in 1865.

Einar
Go to Top of Page

eibache
Norway Heritage Veteran

Norway
6495 Posts

Posted - 21/02/2017 :  15:53:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Have you seen this, and this?

Einar

Edited by - eibache on 21/02/2017 15:55:37
Go to Top of Page

AntonH
Norway Heritage Veteran

USA
9141 Posts

Posted - 21/02/2017 :  22:20:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Very interesting family to me as the 1801 Census from this Geni tree takes one back to Sigrid Olsdatter born abt 1751 and listed in this tree as daughter of Ola Olson Helleland (Løgit.

https://digitalarkivet.arkivverket.no/ft/person/pf01058376001652

This looks like the Ancestry transcription of her baptism record

Sigri Olsen
in the Norway, Select Baptisms, 1634-1927
Name: Sigri Olsen
Birth Date: 17 sep 1751
Baptism Date: 20 sep 1751
Baptism Place: , Ullensvang, Hordaland, Norway
Father: Ole Olsson
Mother: Sigri Olsdr
FHL Film Number: 124773

Probably number 30 in Digitalarkivet,

https://media.digitalarkivet.no/en/kb20070522630244

I would think that one could trace this family back to Christian Trane or Thrane born abt 1550 in Denmark and patriarch of the Thrane family of Stavanger.

The Family Tree: Brynjulf LANGBALLE's Family Tree is quite well sourced and comes down as far as Ole Pedersen Løgit born July 23, 1662. You can follow the tree back to the Thrane family of Stavanger and forward a few more people through Ola Olsen Helleland , through Sigrid Olsdatter Bøvre mother of Sigrid Olsdatter Sekse covered above.

The only issue I would have with the Tree's one finds on the Thrane family is the connection made by some of them to the Danish noble Splid family through one of the wives. That connection is doubtful at best.

Here is a link to Brynjulf LANGBALLE's Family Tree. You might have to join Geneanet but it is free.

http://gw.geneanet.org/brynjulf?lang=en&pz=tor&nz=langballe&ocz=0&p=ole&n=logit

Click on the labels Ancestry Chart and Descendancy Chart in the right hand corner to get an overview of the families.

Edited by - AntonH on 22/02/2017 17:34:53
Go to Top of Page

pberven
Starting member

USA
6 Posts

Posted - 22/02/2017 :  03:49:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for your illuminating response. My communications on this topic began when I posted my original reply on 26/03/2016 to kmn24 who wrote way back on 17/11/2006 “I am lookiing for Ingebjorg (1845 - ) who married Kristen Sveinson. Ingebjorg would be Amund Jakobson and Gunnhild Persdtr , Fresvik son... Bygdabok says they moved to Spring Valley , Wisc. Any living family???”. Since I was a new user and not too swift about how to post, I made it look as though I had written the question as well as the answer when I responded! This week, I sent one correction and while I wasn’t looking for information, this has turned out to be a lucky turn of events. I have my own tree and for one branch of Sigri Olsdatter’s ancestors it stops at Ola Pedersen Løgit b. 23 Jul 1662. I think that Ola was as far back as I was able to go in the Odda, Ullensvang and Kinsarvik bygdebok. Thus, you have opened a great additional resource that I look forward to exploring. FYI -The Norwegian American Genealogical Association in Minnesota has just purchased all six volumes of the Kolltveit 1971 edition bygdebok i.e., two volumes each for Odda, Ullensvang and Kinsarvik. Thanks again!
Go to Top of Page

Hopkins
Norway Heritage Veteran

USA
3351 Posts

Posted - 22/02/2017 :  04:26:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ola Pedersen Løgit b. 1662 was the son of the minister Per (Peder) Rasmussen Løgit (born 1606 in Denmark) and his second wife Margreta Torlaksdatter (born 1634 or 1635 in Kvam, Hordaland, Norway).
I'll try to check into my sources tomorrow to try to give you some specific citations.

Two of the sources that I can recommend are:

"Odda, Ullensvang og Kinsarvik i gamal og ny tid" 8 volumes by Olav Kolltveit. Also available as copied to microfilm by the LDS Family History Library (Int. film 1124552 Items 2-9). Volume 1, pages 355-357 contain a great deal of information about Peder and he is also mentioned on other pages in this section of the book that deals with the ministers of Kinsarvik, Odda and Ullensvang.

"Bergens stifts biskoper og præster efter reformation" 2 volumes by Johan Fredrik Lampe ; and D. Thrap. Available as copied to microfiche by the LDS Family History Library (Int. Fiche 6054061). Volume 1, pages 396-397 concern Peder Rasmussen.

My other source notes are sorely lacking as I worked on that when I was still quite a beginner in this hobby. I do recall also reviewing a two volume work at the Iowa State Historical Library in Des Moines entitled "The Espe and Prestegaard Families of Norway" by Brita Espe Soldat which appeared to have also consulted the two sources I list above but included an interior photo or two of the churches of interest.

Edited by - Hopkins on 22/02/2017 14:04:29
Go to Top of Page

eibache
Norway Heritage Veteran

Norway
6495 Posts

Posted - 22/02/2017 :  15:28:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
I have my own tree and for one branch of Sigri Olsdatter’s ancestors it stops at Ola Pedersen Løgit b. 23 Jul 1662.

This tree will take you there and further, link.

Einar
Go to Top of Page

eibache
Norway Heritage Veteran

Norway
6495 Posts

Posted - 22/02/2017 :  15:38:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Ola Pedersen Løgit b. 1662 was the son of the minister Per (Peder) Rasmussen Løgit (born 1606 in Denmark) and his second wife Margreta Torlaksdatter (born 1634 or 1635 in Kvam, Hordaland, Norway).

Start here and go further back, link.

Einar
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Norway Heritage Community © NorwayHeritage.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
Articles for Newbies:

Hunting Passenger Lists:

An article describing how, and where, to look for passenger information about Norwegian emigrants
    1:   Emigration Records - Sources - Timeline
    2:   Canadian Records (1865-1935)
    3:   Canadian Immigration Records Database
    4:   US arrivals - Customs Passenger Lists
    5:   Port of New York Passenger Records
    6:   Norwegian Emigration Records
    7:   British outbound passenger lists

The Transatlantic Crossing:

An article about how the majority of emigrants would travel. It also gives some insight to the amazing development in how ships were constructed and the transportation arranged
    1:   Early Norwegian Emigrants
    2:   Steerage - Between Decks
    3:   By sail - daily life
    4:   Children of the ocean
    5:   Sailing ship provisions
    6:   Health and sickness
    7:   From sail to steam
    8:   By steamship across the ocean
    9:   The giant express steamers

Search Articles :
Search the Norway Heritage articles

Featured article