All Forums | Main Page | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 NORWEGIAN GENEALOGY
 General genealogy
 Christain Tromm
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 54

jkmarler
Norway Heritage Veteran

USA
7765 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2014 :  18:13:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Another interesting take on the issue especially since Kristian lived in Nordland fylke for about 10 years growing up.
Go to Top of Page

jungfigh

Malta
326 Posts

Posted - 14/01/2014 :  06:26:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Enquiries in hand with DNA Laboratories to take 'the next step'.

DL. ;o) Malta. G.C.
Go to Top of Page

jungfigh

Malta
326 Posts

Posted - 14/01/2014 :  09:53:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Received today from The Royal British Legion, Medals section in the hope Cristian may have been awarded, (and he should) at least, the famous 'Pip Squeak & Wilfred' medals to combatants in WW1. If so I hope records will be independent from his 'destroyed' Army records.

Dear Derek Lawbuary

Thank you, your message has been sent to the following department of The Royal British Legion:

Medals - medals@britishlegion.org.uk

DL. ;o) Malta. G.C.

Edited by - jungfigh on 14/01/2014 09:55:11
Go to Top of Page

Kåarto
Norway Heritage Veteran

Norway
5861 Posts

Posted - 14/01/2014 :  13:34:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Reg. Lauden.

The only place in Norway to my knowledge is farm Lauden in Velfjord, Brønø/Brønnøy municipality in Nordland county 1865

Kåre

Edited by - Kåarto on 14/01/2014 13:38:46
Go to Top of Page

jungfigh

Malta
326 Posts

Posted - 15/01/2014 :  06:05:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kåarto

Reg. Lauden.

The only place in Norway to my knowledge is farm Lauden in Velfjord, Brønø/Brønnøy municipality in Nordland county 1865

Kåre

Thank-you Kåre...

DL. ;o) Malta. G.C.
Go to Top of Page

jungfigh

Malta
326 Posts

Posted - 15/01/2014 :  21:06:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have been trying (without success) to establish where the records are kept of the long defunct Isle of Thanet steam trawler company Ltd aka The Ramsgate steam trawler company Ltd.
Hopefully if traced Cristian's full details may be established
I have made 3 further inquiries this evening to various possibles...fingers crossed...

DL. ;o) Malta. G.C.
Go to Top of Page

jungfigh

Malta
326 Posts

Posted - 16/01/2014 :  17:04:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Just received from The Royal British Legion:

Cristian is still being hard to 'pin down'..!

Dear Mr Lawbuary,

Thank you for your e-mail about your late Grandfather.

There is no list of recipients of WWI campaign medals but the British Army Medal Roll Index Cards are on line in Ancestry.

Searching “Ancestry”, British Army Medal Roll Index Cards, and then by number, names and other details. I have tried without success for Cristian Tompson but you may know if he used other spellings, or what his number was, or unit within RFA.

Unlike WWII and later when army numbers were used and lasted throughout ones service, during WWI men’s numbers were “regimental” and they changed if a man changed unit. Many medal cards show a variety of numbers.

WWI medals were issued automatically. The Medal Office cannot issue replacements. Replicas, mounted for wear or in a display frame, can be purchased from:

Award Production Ltd, PO Box 300, Shrewsbury, Shropshire, SY5 6WT. Tel: 01952 510053. Fax 01952 510765. e-mail award@crown-lane.co.uk. Web site www.awardmedals.com

I hope this is of use and please do not hesitate to e-mail me if you think I can help further.

Yours sincerely,

Ashley R. Tinson,

Honorary Medals Consultant,

Royal British Legion.

DL. ;o) Malta. G.C.
Go to Top of Page

JaneC
Norway Heritage Veteran

USA
3020 Posts

Posted - 17/01/2014 :  05:03:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Too bad Derek.
Go to Top of Page

jungfigh

Malta
326 Posts

Posted - 17/01/2014 :  10:44:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A slight kick-back Jane:

Like my blood group I will forever, 'B. Positive'..!

DL. ;o) Malta. G.C.
Go to Top of Page

jungfigh

Malta
326 Posts

Posted - 19/01/2014 :  06:43:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Whilst researching another matter I discovered this:

The Royal Harbour Ramsgate. Old & new.

I found it fascinating.

Cristian would have certainly noticed the old views of the harbour during his time in Ramsgate.

http://oldramsgate.blogspot.com/2006/05/pictures-of-ramsgate-then-and-now.html

DL. ;o) Malta. G.C.
Go to Top of Page

jungfigh

Malta
326 Posts

Posted - 20/01/2014 :  13:08:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Received this day from companies house:

Will further inquiries reveal Cristian's details..?

Dear Derek,

Thank you for your email.

It is possible to carry out an archive search on a company that was dissolved over 20 years ago.

If you wish to purchase any available information you can do so via the Contact Centre. There will be a charge for this information.

The charge is £20.00. There is still a charge even if there is no trace of the company as we still have to undertake the search.

You will need to send a letter and cheque to Customer Care requesting the results of the search in writing.

The archive search is £20 but if you want the DVD of Archived Information there is a further charge of £20.00.

Yours faithfully,
Alyson Wilson
Companies House Contact Centre
enquiries@companies-house.gov.uk

Customer Survey

We would be grateful if you could take a few minutes to complete an electronic survey to help us measure the level of service we provide. We are interested in the most recent contact you had with us.

Please be assured that the information you provide will be treated in the strictest of confidence and will only be used to improve our services. The responses to this survey are completely anonymous.

Thank you for taking the time to complete this survey.

To access the survey please click the link below:

https://response.questback.com/companieshouse/customersatisfaction/

----- Original Message -----
Sent: 18 January 2014
Subject: Isle of Thanet steam trawler company Ltd. Ramsgate steam trawler company Ltd.

Good evening,

My Grandfather was killed aboard trawler Campanula, out of Ramsgate, Kent in 1920. The trawler was destroyed killing all aboard after bringing inboard a mine.

The trawler has been identified as belonging to the above two companies. Unfortunately all of my attempts to find the records of these companies have been fruitless.

Could you possibly assist me..?

I am, yours faithfully,

Derek Lawbuary. Malta. G.C.

DL. ;o) Malta. G.C.
Go to Top of Page

jungfigh

Malta
326 Posts

Posted - 22/01/2014 :  06:30:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A shuddering halt over the past 2 days.

Although not inactive nothing coming in.

Still await answers to two inquiries.

DL. ;o) Malta. G.C.
Go to Top of Page

JaneC
Norway Heritage Veteran

USA
3020 Posts

Posted - 22/01/2014 :  15:37:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Derek, It's interesting to get the updates on the England inquiries. And here's a quick note just as a reminder of other possible inquiries, a reminder meant to be helpful (and I hope it is) and not meant to nag you, about three strong lines of inquiry:
1) DNA search - To verify Kristian Elias Strømme (or not) a male-line descendant of the Strømme family in Norway is needed, so that a Tompson son-of-son can be compared with a Strømme son-of-son. Maybe the search is happening "off camera"?
2) Living descendants of Cristian Tompson of Ramsgate could be quizzed about what's in their attics - a significant clue could turn up, as when Frank was asked.
3) Records of birth, marriage, death, obit would be desirable to obtain for Cristian Tompson's children. Their father's name should appear on their records, and a new clue could emerge thereby. (For example, what if one record gives the father's name as "Christian Elias Thompson." That would be a clue.)

Just curious ...

Edited by - JaneC on 22/01/2014 15:48:58
Go to Top of Page

jkmarler
Norway Heritage Veteran

USA
7765 Posts

Posted - 22/01/2014 :  16:42:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The death cert of aunt Crissie would be the first to get. She died the closest to the last record of Cristian. Memories may have been fresher when she died. etc.etc Then Rose's because she was the oldest and knew Cristian the longest and maybe she talked to someone about him and got it recorded on her d.c.

But the d.c. of each & all the children should be collected as they would all be equally valuable.

And I'm still waiting to hear from the Bergen archive about the sailor records...

Edited by - jkmarler on 22/01/2014 16:46:41
Go to Top of Page

jungfigh

Malta
326 Posts

Posted - 22/01/2014 :  17:01:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by JaneC

Hi Derek, It's interesting to get the updates on the England inquiries. And here's a quick note just as a reminder of other possible inquiries, a reminder meant to be helpful (and I hope it is) and not meant to nag you, about three strong lines of inquiry:
1) DNA search - To verify Kristian Elias Strømme (or not) a male-line descendant of the Strømme family in Norway is needed, so that a Tompson son-of-son can be compared with a Strømme son-of-son. Maybe the search is happening "off camera"?
2) Living descendants of Cristian Tompson of Ramsgate could be quizzed about what's in their attics - a significant clue could turn up, as when Frank was asked.
3) Records of birth, marriage, death, obit would be desirable to obtain for Cristian Tompson's children. Their father's name should appear on their records, and a new clue could emerge thereby. (For example, what if one record gives the father's name as "Christian Elias Thompson." That would be a clue.)

Just curious ...

Not a nag at all Jane.

My cousin Frank, a male line from Cristian ,
(His father Frank was Cristian and Mauds last child),

Is willing to undergo the DNA test in UK to set a benchmark. Then Inquiries sent to two males in Norway who may possibly be descendants too.

DL. ;o) Malta. G.C.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 54 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Norway Heritage Community © NorwayHeritage.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
Articles for Newbies:

Hunting Passenger Lists:

An article describing how, and where, to look for passenger information about Norwegian emigrants
    1:   Emigration Records - Sources - Timeline
    2:   Canadian Records (1865-1935)
    3:   Canadian Immigration Records Database
    4:   US arrivals - Customs Passenger Lists
    5:   Port of New York Passenger Records
    6:   Norwegian Emigration Records
    7:   British outbound passenger lists

The Transatlantic Crossing:

An article about how the majority of emigrants would travel. It also gives some insight to the amazing development in how ships were constructed and the transportation arranged
    1:   Early Norwegian Emigrants
    2:   Steerage - Between Decks
    3:   By sail - daily life
    4:   Children of the ocean
    5:   Sailing ship provisions
    6:   Health and sickness
    7:   From sail to steam
    8:   By steamship across the ocean
    9:   The giant express steamers

Search Articles :
Search the Norway Heritage articles

Featured article