All Forums | Main Page | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 NORWEGIAN GENEALOGY
 General genealogy
 Olia Hanson, Ole Hanson, Kongsvinger.
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 5

livtjern
Medium member

Norway
102 Posts

Posted - 05/07/2007 :  00:32:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Olia Hansdt. was born 27. february 1846 in Kongsvinger area, Norway, at the farm Tekstebakken of parents Hans Eriksen Duelien and Maren Olsdt. Hellerud.

Olia Hansdt. got a son: Ole in 10. sept. 1867, born at Tekstebakken, Kongsvinger. The father was: Sigvart Jensen Haug, Ullensaker, Nes, Norway.
Olia and Sigvart did'nt marry, and he was married with another woman in Nes. I mean that he lived in Norway all his life.

Olia and the son Ole emigr. to Lansing, USA 12. april 1869 with the line Marta,

In the emigrantregister (Digitalarkivet) she is standing without her son, but in the churchbook he is with her.

Olia's brother Ole Hanson Tekstebakken, b: 05. june 1851 emigr. together with her.

He lived in Decorah,Iowa at the first time, and then he moved to SD.
I've info about him.

Does some know about Olia Hansdt. and her son Ole? I don't know about her son used Hanson as her or Sigvartson/Jenson after his father.

Liv

Lislcat
Advanced member

USA
690 Posts

Posted - 12/09/2007 :  06:21:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Liv,

I was just looking at some of the information on Ole Hanson and his family and had an idea for you. In the 1900 US Census, Ole has a laborer working for him named Olai Salmonson. His birth date is September 1968. I'm wondering if that could be Olia's son. It's off by a year, but it kind of fits with what his father's name was. Just a thought.

1900 US Census - Buffalo, Minnehaha County, South Dakota
Hanson, Ole, 48, June 1851, married 22 years, arrived 1869, farmer
Hanson, Levina, 40, June 1859, married 22 yrs, 7 children and 7 still living, arrived in 1866
Hanson, Henry, 21, April 1879, born Iowa
Hanson, Clara(?) 14, Jan 1886, born South Dakota
Hanson, Melvina, 11. Sept 1889, born South Dakota
Hanson, Ida, 9, Oct 1891, born South Dakota
Hanson, Clarence, 7, Jan 1893, born South Dakota
Hanson, Albert, 4, June 1896, born South Dakota
Salmonson, Olai, laborer, 31, Sept 1868
Johnson, Aslaug, 85, June 1814, widow, mother-in-law, arrived 1866

Take care, Wanda

Lislcat
Go to Top of Page

Lislcat
Advanced member

USA
690 Posts

Posted - 12/09/2007 :  06:37:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Here is the link to the parish records of their immigration, that Liv mentioned.

http://www.arkivverket.no/URN:kb_read?idx_kildeid=8868&idx_id=8868&uid=ny&idx_side=-400

Wanda

Lislcat
Go to Top of Page

livtjern
Medium member

Norway
102 Posts

Posted - 12/09/2007 :  10:52:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi again Wanda!

Thanks for much help!

May Olai salmonsen can be Ole Sigvartson/Hanson, and I can't find any with that name at the emigrantlist from Norway, if he not was from Sweden/Denmark.

Ole "Salmonsen" was christening: 29. Dec. 1867.

May his mother died, or was marry with another, or lived at another place.

Interesting to find them!

Hope you will help me more!

Liv
Go to Top of Page

Lislcat
Advanced member

USA
690 Posts

Posted - 12/09/2007 :  15:41:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Liv,

Where did you get the immigration information? I found the parish record of them leaving, but I'm interested in the boat or line that you listed, the Marta. Where did they leave from in 1869?

Take care, Wanda

Lislcat
Go to Top of Page

Lislcat
Advanced member

USA
690 Posts

Posted - 12/09/2007 :  18:35:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I found it.
http://digitalarkivet.uib.no/cgi-win/webcens.exe?slag=visbase&sidenr=28&filnamn=EMIOSLO&gardpostnr=2285&merk=2285#ovre

Wanda

Lislcat
Go to Top of Page

Lislcat
Advanced member

USA
690 Posts

Posted - 12/09/2007 :  18:50:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Liv,

After looking through all the passengers leaving with them, in search of Olia's son, I noticed that the real name of the ship is the Martha. You can look on this site and find the information on it. It departed Christiania on April 22, 1869 and arrived Quebec June 14, 1869. The Martha was a bark sailing ship, so the voyage was quite long. Almost 2 months!

http://www.norwayheritage.com/p_year.asp?ye=1869

Going through Quebec to get to Lansing, makes sense, since they could come through the Great Lakes to get to Michigan. From there, Ole went to Iowa and then South Dakota, so now we have to find out if she stayed in Lansing, which I doubt, since she didn't have family there. Hopefully, we'll find her.

Wanda

Lislcat
Go to Top of Page

livtjern
Medium member

Norway
102 Posts

Posted - 12/09/2007 :  23:32:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi!

So good you are to find out! Thak you!

It must be a long trip before Ole, Olia and Olai (Ole) came over and to that place where they lived rest of their life!

I wonder where Olia took the way.

Liv
Go to Top of Page

Lislcat
Advanced member

USA
690 Posts

Posted - 13/09/2007 :  03:20:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Liv,

When searching, I come across Olia's, Olea's, Olivia's, etc... that are born abt 1846 and arrived in the US in 1869. It's hard to tell which one is her.
Do you have any other obituaries from any of the siblings? I know you now have Hans Hanson's, thanks to Clark and his family. If we could find obits from some of the older siblings, it might say where she lived in the US and also what her married name is. After that, we can find information on her and hopefully find out what happened to her son and maybe, other children.

Take care, Wanda

Lislcat
Go to Top of Page

livtjern
Medium member

Norway
102 Posts

Posted - 13/09/2007 :  23:54:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi!

I'm not sure were all the siblings have been buried, but I know:

1: Karen Hanson, b: 28.03.1844 - 07.02.1925 (buried: Buffalo Township, SD). M.08.02.1866 to Bernt Arneson, b: 09.01.1834 - 22.08.1924.

2: Maria Hanson, b: 19.01.1849 - ?, m. ca 1870 to Carelius Larson, b: ca 1840. In the census 1930 lived Maria together with grand-child Ida O. in Portland, Traill co., ND. Maria was 81 year old and Ida O. was 23 year. May Maria was buried there.

3: Ole Hanson, b: 05.06.1851, m.1879 to Lovina Johnson,
and at the census 1920 and 1930 did they live in Marboe, Sargent co, ND. May Ole was buried there.

4: Hans Hanson was buried in Hatton, ND ca 1940.

5: Erik Hanson, b: 28.09.1856, m. to Inger Jakobsdt, b: 05.04.1860. The census 1910 Erik w/family lived in Baden, Ward co, ND. May Erik was buried there.
Inger, his wife (widow) lived in Lowland, Mountain traill, ND at the census 1920.
She lived in Carpio, Ward co, ND at the census 1930.

6: Sigvart Hanson, b: 17.08.1864 - 1940, m. to Anna from Trondheim, Norway, no kids.
They lived in Saskatchewan, Can. and I have heard they were buried there.

The census informations have I got from you.

Liv

Go to Top of Page

Lislcat
Advanced member

USA
690 Posts

Posted - 14/09/2007 :  00:14:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Liv,

I'm having someone do a look up for the obituraries for Maria Hanson Larson and Karelius Hanson in Traill County. Hopefully I'll know something by next week. :)
I'm hoping that their obits mention Olia and her son. We could get lucky and find out where she lived and what her married name was. I hope so.

Take care, Wanda

Lislcat
Go to Top of Page

livtjern
Medium member

Norway
102 Posts

Posted - 20/09/2007 :  23:27:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi!

At the Family Search (Mormonere),
I found a marriage for one Ole Hansen:

Ole Hansen, born 1865 in Vinger (Kongsvinger),
married 14. february 1891 in Escanaba, Michigan,
to
Thea Henriksen, born 26. Oct. 1869 in Vinger.
Thea died 06. June 1939 and was buried at Crystal Lake cemetery, Minneapolis MN.

Her parents was Erik Henriksen and Karen Nielsdatter, and they were from Austmarka in Vinger where Ole Hansen were from.

"My" Ole hansen was born in 1867, but...................could be 1865 when he did marry.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kongsvinger is a city and Austmarka is an area ca 20 km east from Kongsvinger. "My" Ole Hansen was born between Kongsvinger and Austmarka and Thea Henriksen was born in Austmarka.
It's different areas around Kongsvinger and we call all the areas for Vinger, and for many years ago, all together with Kongsvinger, was called Vinger.

Do you think "my" Ole can be Ole in Escanaba?

Liv

Go to Top of Page

Lislcat
Advanced member

USA
690 Posts

Posted - 21/09/2007 :  17:28:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Liv,

Are you talking about Olia's son, Ole? They were headed for Lansing, Michigan. I don't know if you looked at a map, but Escanaba is in the Upper Pennisula of Michigan. It is many hours from Lansing, but still it's possible.
If Thea died in Minneapolis, MN, it could be that you'd find Ole there too!

I'm still waiting to hear from the person that was doing the look-up for me in Grand Forks. I hope I hear from her soon. Maybe she wasn't able to get to the library. I'll let you know, when I hear something.

Wanda

Lislcat
Go to Top of Page

Craig Hanson
New on board

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2015 :  21:33:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello,
My greatgrandfather was Ole Hanson, I'm checking his birthdate to see if he is the same Ole has the one you posted about. My grandfather was Henry Hanson and my father was Vernon Hanson. I'm looking to see if I have any distant cousins in Norway. There are a lot of Hansons in the U.S., we just had a family reunion a year ago in Minnesota. Anyway, I hope to hear from you.
Sincerely,
Craig Hanson

quote:
Originally posted by livtjern

Hi!

I'm not sure were all the siblings have been buried, but I know:

1: Karen Hanson, b: 28.03.1844 - 07.02.1925 (buried: Buffalo Township, SD). M.08.02.1866 to Bernt Arneson, b: 09.01.1834 - 22.08.1924.

2: Maria Hanson, b: 19.01.1849 - ?, m. ca 1870 to Carelius Larson, b: ca 1840. In the census 1930 lived Maria together with grand-child Ida O. in Portland, Traill co., ND. Maria was 81 year old and Ida O. was 23 year. May Maria was buried there.

3: Ole Hanson, b: 05.06.1851, m.1879 to Lovina Johnson,
and at the census 1920 and 1930 did they live in Marboe, Sargent co, ND. May Ole was buried there.

4: Hans Hanson was buried in Hatton, ND ca 1940.

5: Erik Hanson, b: 28.09.1856, m. to Inger Jakobsdt, b: 05.04.1860. The census 1910 Erik w/family lived in Baden, Ward co, ND. May Erik was buried there.
Inger, his wife (widow) lived in Lowland, Mountain traill, ND at the census 1920.
She lived in Carpio, Ward co, ND at the census 1930.

6: Sigvart Hanson, b: 17.08.1864 - 1940, m. to Anna from Trondheim, Norway, no kids.
They lived in Saskatchewan, Can. and I have heard they were buried there.

The census informations have I got from you.

Liv

Craig Hanson
Go to Top of Page

volsen
Medium member

USA
104 Posts

Posted - 18/11/2018 :  11:24:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Curious about the Duelien lady name dpes that refer to a farm . My Grandfather came to America as Olsen Duelien but I can't find a Duelien farm.
TIA
Vickie
quote:
Originally posted by livtjern

Olia Hansdt. was born 27. february 1846 in Kongsvinger area, Norway, at the farm Tekstebakken of parents Hans Eriksen Duelien and Maren Olsdt. Hellerud.

Olia Hansdt. got a son: Ole in 10. sept. 1867, born at Tekstebakken, Kongsvinger. The father was: Sigvart Jensen Haug, Ullensaker, Nes, Norway.
Olia and Sigvart did'nt marry, and he was married with another woman in Nes. I mean that he lived in Norway all his life.

Olia and the son Ole emigr. to Lansing, USA 12. april 1869 with the line Marta,

In the emigrantregister (Digitalarkivet) she is standing without her son, but in the churchbook he is with her.

Olia's brother Ole Hanson Tekstebakken, b: 05. june 1851 emigr. together with her.

He lived in Decorah,Iowa at the first time, and then he moved to SD.
I've info about him.

Does some know about Olia Hansdt. and her son Ole? I don't know about her son used Hanson as her or Sigvartson/Jenson after his father.

Liv

volsen
Go to Top of Page

AntonH
Norway Heritage Veteran

USA
9141 Posts

Posted - 18/11/2018 :  18:37:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Type Duelien in the box named Bosted or Domicile

There is one in Hedmark, Eidskog herred

Here is one for a Harald Duelien

Link

Although I do not find a record for Duelien in O. Rygh Norwegian Farm Names

The NHDC 1900 Census shows 9 people living on Duelien farm, all of whom use the last name of Duelien including the Harald linked to above.

Duelien farm would be near Matrand, Eidskog and the farm called Skotterud both of which can be found on Google Map

The Duelien farm would have been near Aabogmoen and Høgaasen farms. Versions of these names can be found also near Matrand. As Åbogen and Høgasen on this Norwegian Map site

Link

My best guess is that it was a sub-farm under Pramhus. It is referred to in some of the records as Duelien under Nordre Pramhuus or as Duelien in søndre Pramhus.

Try either in the Norwegian Map site and you well find Pramhus or søndre Pramhus between Skotterud and Kongsvinger.

Edited by - AntonH on 18/11/2018 19:36:20
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Norway Heritage Community © NorwayHeritage.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
Articles for Newbies:

Hunting Passenger Lists:

An article describing how, and where, to look for passenger information about Norwegian emigrants
    1:   Emigration Records - Sources - Timeline
    2:   Canadian Records (1865-1935)
    3:   Canadian Immigration Records Database
    4:   US arrivals - Customs Passenger Lists
    5:   Port of New York Passenger Records
    6:   Norwegian Emigration Records
    7:   British outbound passenger lists

The Transatlantic Crossing:

An article about how the majority of emigrants would travel. It also gives some insight to the amazing development in how ships were constructed and the transportation arranged
    1:   Early Norwegian Emigrants
    2:   Steerage - Between Decks
    3:   By sail - daily life
    4:   Children of the ocean
    5:   Sailing ship provisions
    6:   Health and sickness
    7:   From sail to steam
    8:   By steamship across the ocean
    9:   The giant express steamers

Search Articles :
Search the Norway Heritage articles

Featured article