All Forums | Main Page | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 NORWEGIAN GENEALOGY
 General genealogy
 Amundson/Amundsen
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

Kåarto
Norway Heritage Veteran

Norway
5861 Posts

Posted - 12/12/2008 :  22:27:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Lars was a railroad worker, born in Voss, lived in Flaa municipality in Hallingdal, Buskerud county.
"Billett" Ticket; Nei/No.
"Årsak" Purpose of the journey: better profit.
"Nytt yrke" New profession; "Farmarb" Farm worker.
"Reiser til familie" To meet his family.

Lars Amundsen Gildbaarene emigrated when the railroad Bergensbanen was opened 1909.
I am sure he worked on building this line.

Kåre

Edited by - Kåarto on 12/12/2008 23:20:23
Go to Top of Page

Kåarto
Norway Heritage Veteran

Norway
5861 Posts

Posted - 13/12/2008 :  00:38:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Since the explorer Roald Amundsen was mentioned: Amund Jørgensen Gilbaarene´s father was Jørgen Amundsen Grave/Graue and the explorer was Roald Amundsen Gravning, most likley it´s farm Grævle or Graue in Voss.

The parents married in Vang in Valdres municipality, Oppland county on July 7. 1874:
Bachelor Amund Jørgensen Gilbaarne, Voss parish born Oct. 26. 1837, father Jørgen Amundsen Grave and maid Ingrid Olsdatter Bøe eie born ? 19. 1845, father Ole Anfinsen, couple #15

Information about Gilbaarene can be found in "Vossaboka" volum 3, page 285.

Kåre

Edited by - Kåarto on 13/12/2008 00:58:05
Go to Top of Page

Kåarto
Norway Heritage Veteran

Norway
5861 Posts

Posted - 13/12/2008 :  14:01:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Amund Jørgensen age 28, parents and two sisters on Gilbaarene in 1865

The parents married 1837.
Jørgen Amundsen Graue age 40, father Amund Olsen Graue and Barbra Nielsdatter Vatsenden? age 32, father Nils Larsen, #40

Kåre
Go to Top of Page

deb amundson
Starting member

14 Posts

Posted - 18/12/2008 :  03:29:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

All I can say is WOW! Thank you so much for all of your posts. As a Christmas gift I am going to put together all of your posts and present it to my family.

You have helped me so much...thank you again.
Go to Top of Page

eibache
Norway Heritage Veteran

Norway
6495 Posts

Posted - 18/12/2008 :  18:02:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Barbro Nielsdatter was baptized March 10 1805, see record #3 from top of right hand page. Parents were Niels Larsen and Brita Tollefsdatter Soleim.
Niels, his parents and siblings in 1801
Brita in 1801
Niels Larsen Soleim and Brita Tollefsdatter Graue were married June 14 1803, see #6 from the top.
Britha was baptized Jan 31 171779, see last record on right hand page. Her parents were Tollef Brynjulsen and Barbroe Joensdatter, Kytes.
Brithas parents and siblings in 1801

Einar

Edited by - eibache on 18/12/2008 18:23:53
Go to Top of Page

Kåarto
Norway Heritage Veteran

Norway
5861 Posts

Posted - 19/12/2008 :  11:19:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Tollef Brynjelsen married Barbro Joensdatter June 10.1777 (see right coulmn in the record below).
Troloved/Engaged
Dominica Sexgesima (Sunday before fast) Feb. 2 Ungkarl (Bachelor) Tollef Brynjelsen øvre Graue og Pigen (Maid) Barbroe Joensdatter Store Hemre .
Best men were from Osgierd and nedre Kyte.

Store Hemre is in Opheim sub parish in Voss
Right page #1 below headline 1777.

Tollef was born on Graue in Wangen parish/Voss 1751, christened on Mai 16.

Tollef was "Hjemedøbt" christened at home:
Brynield Graues hjemedøbte barn (child).....Tollef

Left page 10 -11 line from top, last chrisening before the Latin words here

Seems like the godparents were from Graue and Kyte

Barbro was christened Jan. 31. 1749 in Wangen church, she was born to Joen Hemre from Opheim, christened Barbara
Last column top

Kåre

Edited by - Kåarto on 19/12/2008 12:17:09
Go to Top of Page

Kåarto
Norway Heritage Veteran

Norway
5861 Posts

Posted - 19/12/2008 :  16:27:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A present should also contain some names and pictures?

Voss municipality is located to Hordaland county.
Down in this link you can enter Voss for more information.

Pictures and information from Hordaland

Voss church is mentioned in 1271 by king Magnus VI Håkonsson Lagabøte (the law maker), no english link.

Amund Jørgensen Gilbaarene and Anne Olsdatter Bøe married 1874 in Vang church in Vang municipality in Oppland County.

Kåre

Edited by - Kåarto on 19/12/2008 18:12:53
Go to Top of Page

deb amundson
Starting member

14 Posts

Posted - 19/12/2008 :  17:00:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Kare,

You have made my family's Christmas a very happy one! I think this is going to be the best present I ever gave them.

I have two young children and they are also so excited about all we are learning about our relatives.

I think I just found a new hobby. This is addicting!

I have been to Iceland, Sweden and Denmark but never Norway. I think I will plan a family trip in the next few years.
Go to Top of Page

Kåarto
Norway Heritage Veteran

Norway
5861 Posts

Posted - 19/12/2008 :  19:01:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Here you are.
I started with genealogy about 6-7 years ago before the records were online, its very exiting, but neverending.

Perhaps still some records to investigate in Voss first.
I have Barbroe´s parents Jon Henrichsen /Jon Store Hemre married to Brita Larsdatter Røch/Rygg on June 28. 1745 (not found in the church book)
Store means Large/Big, it was two Hemre farms to my knowledge in Opheim country side , Store Hemre was the largest of them.

Her is the wedding record for Jon Store Hemre and Brita Larsdatter Rygg on June 28. 1745, Dom. Jubilate, right page 3. wedding from Top, best men were Aamund and Lars Winies, here

Then we can visit Oppland county in eastern Norway and the records for Vang.

Kåre

Edited by - Kåarto on 19/12/2008 20:52:47
Go to Top of Page

Kåarto
Norway Heritage Veteran

Norway
5861 Posts

Posted - 19/12/2008 :  21:49:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Jon Henrichsen died on Store Hemre in Opheim sub parish, buried Dom. 3tia.p:Trinit, Sunday June 11. 1769 age 3 mths. less that 52 years which means he was born about April 1717, here

Brita Larsdatter died on Store Hemre, buried Dom. V.p.Trinit: July 16. 1786 age 64.

I searched for Jon Henriksen Store Hemre and found this.
It looks like you have relatives in Norway.

Kåre

Edited by - Kåarto on 19/12/2008 23:17:53
Go to Top of Page

Kåarto
Norway Heritage Veteran

Norway
5861 Posts

Posted - 20/12/2008 :  12:22:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Vang parish in valdres, Oppland county.

Ingrid Olsdatter was born on Bøe Eie 1845, a sub farm under Bø.
Her conformation was June 10. 1860, place of residence Bøe. Parents Ole Anfinsen and Ingrid Knudsdatter #23

Vang 1865, her parents and siblings on Kjørene.
Ingrid was working on another farm. Where?

Ole Anfinsen Oldre and Ingrid Knudsdatter Lajordet married in Vang mai 24. 1842. Fathers Anfin Guttormsen and Knud Larsen #4

Kåre

Edited by - Kåarto on 20/12/2008 12:36:42
Go to Top of Page

deb amundson
Starting member

14 Posts

Posted - 20/12/2008 :  13:12:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
All I can say is Kaarto is the best!!!!!

I am so excited that I have relatives in Norway. I am going to try to contact them by email. I just contacted a long lost cousin to get information.
I am also starting a family website at my family.com where I can put some of this information and also have a place where all my relatives can exchange information.

I think I realize so close to Christmas that the gift of family and friends is really the only gift anyone should want...this is going to be the best present ever......
Go to Top of Page

Kåarto
Norway Heritage Veteran

Norway
5861 Posts

Posted - 20/12/2008 :  13:31:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you Deb. Genealogy is exiting.
There are several other working here that could have brought you the same information.

Ole Anfinsens mother was Ingrid Olsdatter from Haavestad, the parents married Dec. 5. 1806 in Vang.
Top left page.
Bachelor Anfind Guttormsen Oldre and maid Ingrid Olsdatter Haavestad.

Ole was named after his mothers father Ole, according traditinal naming he had an older brother Guttorm. Ole was born about 1808.

Anfind Guttormsen age 13 on Oldre in 1801, his mother Ragnhild Anfindsdatter age 37 was married 2. time to Anders Andersen so his father Guttorm died before 1801. He had 5 siblings

Anfinds father was Guttorm Olderud, he was christened Sept. 23. 1787 born to Guttorm Olderud and Ragnhild Anfindsdatter.
Godparents: Kirsti Pedersdatter, Marit Gullichsdatter, Poul Nordland, Lars Sparstad, Joen Olderud bottom right page

I wonder if Olderud and Oldre was the same farm, it was two Oldre farms in 1801.
Also Ragnhild Anfindsdatter was born on Oldre, she was born to Anfind Oldre, christened Oct. 2. 1763.
A bit hard to find, right page 22 line from bottom:
...8. døbt (christened) Anfind Oldres b. (child) Ragnhild, here

Kåre

Edited by - Kåarto on 20/12/2008 15:13:09
Go to Top of Page

Kåarto
Norway Heritage Veteran

Norway
5861 Posts

Posted - 21/12/2008 :  21:58:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ingrid Olsdatter Haaverstad was a bit tricky to find, here she is on Haaverstad in 1801 working as a servant on the 1. of the Haaverstad farms for Ole Gulbrandsen.
Her parents were farmers on the 2. Haaverstad farm, Ole Gullichsen age 51 and Thore Christoffersdatter age 44. Ingri had two sisters, Randi and Marit.

Ingri Olsdatter was born on Haavesrstad 1781, christened Dec. 4. born to Ole Haaversatd and Goer Christophersdatter, right page top

Ingrid´s confirmation was Sunday July 23.1797.
"1797 den 6th Søndag efter Trinitatis blev følgende Confirmerede i Wang kirke"
Left page 9. from bottom

Kåre

Edited by - Kåarto on 31/12/2008 00:00:29
Go to Top of Page

GloriaHerbert

USA
71 Posts

Posted - 21/12/2008 :  22:20:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Don't mean to get in your forum, and I know that a lot of names sound and look alike. I was wondering if a couple of names I have, are connected to your family. If I am doing this wrong, please don't hesitate to tell me. I have just a couple of bits of information Here goes.
Anton amundsen b. 1730 had a child Anton Amundsen, Hoele and married a Anna Marie Pedersdatter, Dale or Dahle and had a child Amund Antonsen b. 10/28/1810. I hope I did this right. New to this forum thing. But thanks.

Gloria
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Norway Heritage Community © NorwayHeritage.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
Articles for Newbies:

Hunting Passenger Lists:

An article describing how, and where, to look for passenger information about Norwegian emigrants
    1:   Emigration Records - Sources - Timeline
    2:   Canadian Records (1865-1935)
    3:   Canadian Immigration Records Database
    4:   US arrivals - Customs Passenger Lists
    5:   Port of New York Passenger Records
    6:   Norwegian Emigration Records
    7:   British outbound passenger lists

The Transatlantic Crossing:

An article about how the majority of emigrants would travel. It also gives some insight to the amazing development in how ships were constructed and the transportation arranged
    1:   Early Norwegian Emigrants
    2:   Steerage - Between Decks
    3:   By sail - daily life
    4:   Children of the ocean
    5:   Sailing ship provisions
    6:   Health and sickness
    7:   From sail to steam
    8:   By steamship across the ocean
    9:   The giant express steamers

Search Articles :
Search the Norway Heritage articles

Featured article