All Forums | Main Page | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 NORWEGIAN GENEALOGY
 Norwegians in America
 Relatives of John Johnson, Two Creeks, WI
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

flukerkr

USA
43 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2008 :  23:34:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Les,

You are right it was George and not Charles. I sure do get confused a lot it seems. At the time she died in 1997 my mother was still corresponding with Gladys (I have some of the letters Gladys sent) who must have been been 94 at the time. Gladys had at least two brothers who were also alive at the time (one was Alfred) because she indicated in a letter that they were still active bowlers. I don't imagine Gladys is still alive. I recently sent a letter to another relative my mother was corresponding with in South Dakota, who would have been 82 now, and she had passed away 7 years ago. Some where I actually have a picture of Alfred and me. He and 3 other Johnson relatives (I think the other 3 were in-laws rather than blood relatives) visited my parents house about 15 or 20 years ago.

Maybe I should look up Gladys and see if she is still around, that would be some thing if she is. She did send my mother a bunch of stuff including pictures. But my mother didn't label the pictures and they got separated from the letters and so I don't know which pictures Gladys is refering to.

I have a picture of George (at least I think it is George) and his family, I'll have to check to see how many kids are in it. They look like they are in their teens.

Thanks again

Richard

Richard Reise
Go to Top of Page

flukerkr

USA
43 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2008 :  06:40:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Les, thank you for the information on Gunnild.

I have been spending a lot of time examining the information all of you have provided me. It is all very interesting. Thank you.

Richard

Richard Reise
Go to Top of Page

TerryJohnson
New on board

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 08/06/2013 :  16:43:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by flukerkr

I am trying to find relatives of John Johnson who lived in Two Creeks, WI from about 1850 to 1873, in order to share genealogy information. I am looking for information on his siblings and their families as well as his children and their families. John (name is John Halvorsson on the passenger list) emigrated from Norway in May 1850 on the Schooner Ebenezer along with his father and mother (Halvor and Inger Johanneson) his wife Karin (Karin Halvorsson) and seven siblings. I believe they came from Haeggebostad Pastorate in Norway, but I am not sure.

John Johnson originally settled in Dane County, Wisconsin, but by 1853 he had moved to Two Creeks, Wisconin. He subsequently moved to South Dakota and then Washington State, where he died around 1897.

Any help on tracking down John's siblings - Martha, ingeborg, Karine, Gunhild, Anne, Halvor and Carl - would be appreicated.

Thanks

Richard

Go to Top of Page

TerryJohnson
New on board

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 08/06/2013 :  16:49:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello Richard,

John Johnson was my great grandfather. George Johnson was my grandfather and Julius was my father. I grew up on the homestead in
Turner County South Dakota. My cousin, Norman Johnson, has done geneology research on the Johnson family so let me know if you would like to get in touch.
I realize it has been 5 years since you posted but thought I would give it a try.

Terry Johnson
Go to Top of Page

BjornJonsson
New on board

Sweden
1 Posts

Posted - 07/08/2019 :  23:59:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Terry.I`m looking for relatives of john Johnson born 1824 12 15 Stavanger norway -died 1900 09 07 Washington USA.
Son Julius Johnson b. 1862 12 Manatowoc, WI, USA.
Married to Annie Rosa Fisher b. 1873 05 Tennessee, USA, Married 1896.
They have sons George Dewey Johnson 1898-1963 and Frank Lloyd Johnson 1901-1966. Julius Johnson and Annie Rose Fisher can find no information about more than they travling to Brazil, When do they returne, die, where? Greetings from Sweden Björn Jonsson

Björn Jonsson
Go to Top of Page

flukerkr

USA
43 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2019 :  07:05:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello Bjorn

John Johnson was my great great grandfather. I have some information on Julius and his two sons George Dewey and Frank Lloyd. They all lived in California. The two sons went to the university of Californiavat Berkeley. What type of information are you looking for? I would be glad to share what I have. I can be reached by email at richardreise@comcast.net

Richard Reise

Richard Reise
Go to Top of Page

Winsteadjanelle
New on board

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 24/03/2021 :  21:33:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
January 4th 1880 birth
Death jan. 5th 1956 stroke. Was in facility at time of death Sumner wa. We live on orginal property obtained from his familes arrival from Norway. Located Tacoma,Wa where he married Johanna A. Anderson. Oct. 19th 1909. Winsteadjanelle @ gmail. Com

Janelle
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Norway Heritage Community © NorwayHeritage.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
Articles for Newbies:

Hunting Passenger Lists:

An article describing how, and where, to look for passenger information about Norwegian emigrants
    1:   Emigration Records - Sources - Timeline
    2:   Canadian Records (1865-1935)
    3:   Canadian Immigration Records Database
    4:   US arrivals - Customs Passenger Lists
    5:   Port of New York Passenger Records
    6:   Norwegian Emigration Records
    7:   British outbound passenger lists

The Transatlantic Crossing:

An article about how the majority of emigrants would travel. It also gives some insight to the amazing development in how ships were constructed and the transportation arranged
    1:   Early Norwegian Emigrants
    2:   Steerage - Between Decks
    3:   By sail - daily life
    4:   Children of the ocean
    5:   Sailing ship provisions
    6:   Health and sickness
    7:   From sail to steam
    8:   By steamship across the ocean
    9:   The giant express steamers

Search Articles :
Search the Norway Heritage articles

Featured article