All Forums | Main Page | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 NORWEGIAN GENEALOGY
 General genealogy
 Sidselle Clausdatter Reutz
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Holly
Medium member

USA
95 Posts

Posted - 29/04/2008 :  18:32:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Last part of her baptismal record last entry, left side

From the transcribed database, "Far frå Barnes. Hennar 1., hans 2.l. Meld av Kristen Olsen Kvam." But I read that last portion to say "? ? Dobt in Hafslo ? af ? Krough ??? 24th Martz ? ?."

Her brother Adam's record Right side, 2nd from the bottom

Again, transcriber writes, "Begge foreldra frå Stedje. Hennar 1., hans 2.l. Meld av faren." & I don't see anything that says anything like that.

Edited by - Holly on 29/04/2008 18:40:39

jwiborg
Norway Heritage Veteran

Norway
4961 Posts

Posted - 29/04/2008 :  20:26:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Looks like it says Friis...?
Niels Friis was parish priest in Hafslo church at census 1801.

Jan Peter
Go to Top of Page

Holly
Medium member

USA
95 Posts

Posted - 29/04/2008 :  21:02:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You're right, it does say Friis. Niels would probably be a distant relative. Bishop Ludvig Munte's wife was a Friis. Thanks!

Do you see anything resembling the transcribers notes in either of those records?
Go to Top of Page

eibache
Norway Heritage Veteran

Norway
6495 Posts

Posted - 29/04/2008 :  21:04:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
May I help -
10de Febr af Stedje Sogn
Døbt 1 Pige Barn Nom Sidsille
Parent: Claus Adams Reutz og Dorthe
Test: Peder Lomem, Peder Holsæter, Christi Holsæter, Giertrud Beum, Mette Dorthe Reutz
Barnet blew Døbt i Hafslos Kirke af Hr Prowst Friis og ej førend nu dn 24de Martii saa anmeldt.
No indication at all in the baptismal records that the cildren were born out of wedlock - since it is the same parents how can it be the same leiermål for both of them?

Einar
Go to Top of Page

Holly
Medium member

USA
95 Posts

Posted - 29/04/2008 :  21:57:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Claus did have a daughter born out of wedlock, before he married Dorthe on 9 Jun 1788.

One of the reasons that I've begun to go through all of the parish images for baptism is because the transcriptions have quite a few of the notations like those written in these two record & I'm finding nothing in the records resembling those notes. I wondered if there was something that I just wasn't seeing, which is why I asked here. I needed some more eyes to confirm my findings & people here are much better at desciphering the priestly scrawlings than I am.

Claus' brother, Johan Rumohr Adamsen-Reitz married Giertrude Marie Sæboe, Wiig (Vik). All of the records there say his name was "Jan", but his location was confirmed for me in his sister Mette Dorthea's will. I found him in the 1801 census, with his wife & youngest child at Sæboe, Wiig & I did my search with wide parameters (I didn't specify his first name, just went by the letter "J")

I've found baptisms for 5 children for them (two of their sons were twins, to there are only 4 records. Half of the sponsors have titles, I think, so I might be running people together wrong.

The baptism for Adam Munthe Jansen-Reitz on 12 March, 1799 is here, top of the page, right hand side.

I have as sponsors:
?? Krog
?
Captain Thomas v Fasting
Leutenent George v Fasting
Hans Peter Meyer Sæbøe

The baptism for Karen Munthe Jansdatter-Reutz on 6 May 1803 is here, second from the bottom, left hand side

For sponsors I have:
Madame Falnes
Jomfru ? Schoneman
Jomfru A?rup Sr Martins
? Johan Liljerloal?

The twins, Christoffer Munthe & Hans Matzen Jansen-Reitz were baptised 17 Nov 1805 here Second down, left hand side.

I know that I made a mess of their sponsors, but here goes:
Madame Roltsen
Jonfru Joriann Ravn
Olkie Sæbø (Olkie??)
Marthe Sæbø
?? Jacob Thode
?? Holch
??? Selberg Astrup
E Molberg
Sr Modler

Claus Rumor Jansen-Reitz was baptised 20 Nov 1808 here 5th from the bottom, left hand side.

For sponsors I have:
Krsi Sæbøe
Anna Ferral
Ole Ellingsen Sæbøe
Sergent Siur Sæbøe

Of the 4 records, I'm only confident about the last one, but even that confidence is shaky.
Go to Top of Page

eibache
Norway Heritage Veteran

Norway
6495 Posts

Posted - 29/04/2008 :  23:22:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
For Adam Munthe: Proztinde Krog, Jomfrue Anna Due, Hr. CapitaineThomas v. Fasting, Hr Lieutenant Georg v. Fasting og Hans Peter Meyer Sæbøe.
For Karen Munthe: Madme Falnes, Jomfrue Schøneman, Jomfrue Astrup, Sr. Martens og Klokker Johan Liljerdal.
For Christoffer Munthe & Hans Matzen: Madme Rolfsen, Jomfrue Joniana Ravn, Olkie Sæbøe, Martha Sæbøe, Sognepresten Hr Jacob Trode, Hr Foged Holch, Hr Sorenskriver Hesselberg, Sr. strup, Sr. Molberg og Sr. Møller.
For Claus Rumor: Kari Sæbøe, Anna Ferral, Ole Ellingsen Sæbøe og Sergiant Siur Sæbøe.

Einar
Go to Top of Page

Holly
Medium member

USA
95 Posts

Posted - 30/04/2008 :  01:02:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You are amazing! Thank you.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Norway Heritage Community © NorwayHeritage.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
Articles for Newbies:

Hunting Passenger Lists:

An article describing how, and where, to look for passenger information about Norwegian emigrants
    1:   Emigration Records - Sources - Timeline
    2:   Canadian Records (1865-1935)
    3:   Canadian Immigration Records Database
    4:   US arrivals - Customs Passenger Lists
    5:   Port of New York Passenger Records
    6:   Norwegian Emigration Records
    7:   British outbound passenger lists

The Transatlantic Crossing:

An article about how the majority of emigrants would travel. It also gives some insight to the amazing development in how ships were constructed and the transportation arranged
    1:   Early Norwegian Emigrants
    2:   Steerage - Between Decks
    3:   By sail - daily life
    4:   Children of the ocean
    5:   Sailing ship provisions
    6:   Health and sickness
    7:   From sail to steam
    8:   By steamship across the ocean
    9:   The giant express steamers

Search Articles :
Search the Norway Heritage articles

Featured article