All Forums | Main Page | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 NORWEGIAN GENEALOGY
 General genealogy
 Bertha Marie Andersdatter Iverson
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

AntonH
Norway Heritage Veteran

USA
9141 Posts

Posted - 10/09/2019 :  16:39:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Maybe but needs more proof to be certain.
Go to Top of Page

Jdkrags
Medium member

USA
84 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2019 :  20:27:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I haven’t been able to find Iver Iverson’s (Bertha Andersdatter’s hudband) death in Minnesota. He also doesn’t have a Find a Grave profile. Apparently he is buried in the St. Petri Cemetery in Nielsville. I visited it and didn’t see him there (although I wasn’t looking for him specifically). In my tree I have that he died before 1900.
Go to Top of Page

Jdkrags
Medium member

USA
84 Posts

Posted - 27/02/2020 :  18:21:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi again. So I know it was said earlier in this discussion that the Iversons immigrated to the US in September of 1865, and how it was too early to have their emigration records recorded in Norway. I was just wondering if any record exists of their immigration/emigration at all, or is all we have a date?
Go to Top of Page

jkmarler
Norway Heritage Veteran

USA
7765 Posts

Posted - 27/02/2020 :  20:03:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Jdkrags

Hi again. So I know it was said earlier in this discussion that the Iversons immigrated to the US in September of 1865, and how it was too early to have their emigration records recorded in Norway. I was just wondering if any record exists of their immigration/emigration at all, or is all we have a date?

The type of migration record on the parish level is called utflyttede and if it exists for the parish they left from can be determined by looking at the online parish record search at the digitalarkivet. Do you know the name of the parish they departed from?
Go to Top of Page

Jdkrags
Medium member

USA
84 Posts

Posted - 28/02/2020 :  04:41:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes, they both originate from Hof, Hedmark parish. I checked the In-and-out migrant records; nothing. It was also said that Iver and Bertha were married in Norway, but I wasn’t able to find their marriage record or the birth record of their daughter, Johanna.
Go to Top of Page

jkmarler
Norway Heritage Veteran

USA
7765 Posts

Posted - 28/02/2020 :  10:12:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Jdkrags

I haven’t been able to find Iver Iverson’s (Bertha Andersdatter’s hudband) death in Minnesota. He also doesn’t have a Find a Grave profile. Apparently he is buried in the St. Petri Cemetery in Nielsville. I visited it and didn’t see him there (although I wasn’t looking for him specifically). In my tree I have that he died before 1900.

He died probably between 1895 and 1900, since he is in the 1895 Minnesota state census:
https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:MQ6J-67G

Did Iver (the father) own land? Date of sale of the property might mark his death date or bracket the date of his demise more closely. If he owned wealth perhaps there is an estate settlement.

Here is an earlier topic searching for Norway connections:
http://www.norwayheritage.com/snitz/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=5482&whichpage=1&SearchTerms=st.%2Cpetri

Edited by - jkmarler on 28/02/2020 16:56:25
Go to Top of Page

Jdkrags
Medium member

USA
84 Posts

Posted - 28/02/2020 :  16:57:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes he did. I’m not sure if he did in Hubbard, Polk, but he did in Sacred Heart, Renville, in the 1870 census. His personal estate is worth $300 and he is listed as a farmer. This wasn’t necessarily close to his death though, so it may be of no use.

Edited by - Jdkrags on 28/02/2020 16:57:30
Go to Top of Page

jkmarler
Norway Heritage Veteran

USA
7765 Posts

Posted - 28/02/2020 :  20:54:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Red River Valley Genealogical Society notes in their volume 10 of Polk County Cemeteries of Minnesota on page 68 regarding cemeteries found in Hubbard Township:

"...There was, in 1915, a cemetery shown in Sec. 13 Range 48 W [Twp 147N] Local citizens have informed us this cemetery disappeared when the drainage ditch was built. We have no other information..."

Also in their book, they noted burials not memorialized with stones at St. Petri were collected from the actual church registers by a man named Clarence Paulson. Even in that list from St. Petri there was no old man named Iver Iverson, although there is an Iver Iverson with one date 1876. It might be possible that this is Iver with a misinterpreted 76 for 96. I think that the St. Petri records are in the ELCA databases in Ancestry. The problem with any 1876 date is that St. Petri's records don't begin until 1890, so might be worthwhile to check. He lays in the actual headstone readings next to Almer Iverson 1895-1897.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Norway Heritage Community © NorwayHeritage.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
Articles for Newbies:

Hunting Passenger Lists:

An article describing how, and where, to look for passenger information about Norwegian emigrants
    1:   Emigration Records - Sources - Timeline
    2:   Canadian Records (1865-1935)
    3:   Canadian Immigration Records Database
    4:   US arrivals - Customs Passenger Lists
    5:   Port of New York Passenger Records
    6:   Norwegian Emigration Records
    7:   British outbound passenger lists

The Transatlantic Crossing:

An article about how the majority of emigrants would travel. It also gives some insight to the amazing development in how ships were constructed and the transportation arranged
    1:   Early Norwegian Emigrants
    2:   Steerage - Between Decks
    3:   By sail - daily life
    4:   Children of the ocean
    5:   Sailing ship provisions
    6:   Health and sickness
    7:   From sail to steam
    8:   By steamship across the ocean
    9:   The giant express steamers

Search Articles :
Search the Norway Heritage articles

Featured article