All Forums | Main Page | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 PASSENGER LISTS AND EMIGRANTS
 Hunting Passenger Lists
 Beitstad Fjord: Drowned-Amundsen & Jonsen
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

eibache
Norway Heritage Veteran

Norway
6495 Posts

Posted - 15/07/2010 :  05:34:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
From you original posting
quote:
5. Hans Jonsen b: July 7, 1822 or Feb 6, 1822, img to North Dakota.
- looking up the baptismal record I found that the dat Febr 6 could be confirmed. (The dates in the migration record is a typo.)

quote:
And Hans wife name was Homme
- homme is a farm name in Norway, but far from Inderøy. Hans probably married in US, better do some searching there.

quote:
Hans came to America when?
- info in US census best possibility for this.

In the migration record dated April 16 1859 she is said to be 70 years old (born 1789 then). No other info on age or birth year found in the records so far. Anne Thoresdatter has also been seen as Ane Thordsdatter and Anne Thorsdatter in the records so far. This is a common name and searches for her birt/baptism have not yielded any results.
The same goes for John Amundsen.

LDS records may be a lead into other records in order to confirm the info. The LDS record for Knud Johansen is partly right, see #18. Knud Joensen, born June 18, baptized at home June 25 (which was confirmed in church Oct 10). His parents were Joen Amundsen Haavstuen under Haav and Anne Thorsdatter.
Thor Johansen (born 1815) in the LDS record should have been Thor Johnsen (father John Amundsen).
The LDS record for Hans Johansen (born 1822), should have been Hans Johnsen, refers to Sodorp (=Sødorp i Fron) the record here, see #16 explains the two birth dates as it in this "Klokkerbok" says born July 17, baptized at home July 9 (not possible not yet born!) and confirmed in church Sept 5. (In the Ministerialbok for Fron, which I think you should trust in this case it says Hans was born Febr 6, baptized at home the same day and this was confirmed in church Febr 24.)
With regard to Johan Johnsen I would trust the parish record from Sødorp i Fron, see #22 it says he was born May 4 1826 (When confirmed in 1841 he was 15 years old - proof?) and he was baptized at home the same day, this was confirmed in church on Aug 13. Parents were then living at Espedalen and the mothers name is spelled Tordsdatter.

John and Annes marriage date was April 22, April 1 that I listed earlier was the engagement date, sorry my mistake.

I have not found any records on Ole Johnsen, Stokke or Anna Jonetta Johnsen, Stokke. Were they John and Annes children?

quote:
Ingbor (Ingebor) Ericsdatter Velde birth 22 Sept 1818 Faberg, Gudbrandsdal, Norway mother Embior Paulsdatter
I assume this comes from LDS, small corrections, see 3rd record on right page. Ingeborg Erichsdatter, birth date not clearly indicated (could be as above, i.e. Nov 19) baptized Nov 22 , parents Erich Jacobsen and Imbiør Poulsdatter. (Velde are farms in Beitstad, not Gausdal.) Marriage date was Nov 16 1847, see #28

Einar

Edited by - eibache on 15/07/2010 11:03:00
Go to Top of Page

jen
Starting member

USA
15 Posts

Posted - 15/07/2010 :  17:41:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Ole Johnsen/Jonsen was John Amundsen & Anne Thoresdatter child I think he may have been the oldest son so he would of been born before 1815, I assume as his brother Knudt was born 1815, and parents were married April 1812 Sor Fron Oppland, Norway. And in the migrant records of the parish registers of Inderoy, he is not mentioned, and that record is from 1832, so he was on his own. I assumed married as the only info is that he resided in Trondheim and had several children. Stokke was attached to his name as that was the farm name attached to this family acording to relatives: gossip, but fact ?. So he probably is just Ole Jonen.

And Anna Jonetta Johnsen was Anne & John daughter only thing I have on her is she was born March 1 1834 in Steinkjer, Norway and died in Washington, U.S. in 1936.
She married Mr. Brustad . I assume he is from Norway as, they came to the U.S. in 1892, located in Mlps, Minnesota.
They had four children:
1. Maria Brustad born in 1858, (must be Norway, as they img in 1892).
died in 1940.
Maria married M.O. Brevik, they had two children. Minnor Brevik was born in 1904 and Mrs. Brevik Wick, who had two daughters, lived in Washington, also a daughter and a son in Norway.
2. Gurin Brustad married Ed Johnson, live in Washington state.
3. John Berg Brustad
4. Haaken Molde Brustad, born in 1874. (I assume he was born in Norway also). and img to the U.S. and settled in Minnesota.
This is the only info that I have on this family. As I have not done any research on this family yet in the U.S.

And Anne was not in the migrant records of the parish registers of Inderoy in 1832. At least not attatched to this family, yet. as she was born in 1834 Steinkjer.

So is Steinkjer far from Inderoy as the family was in Inderoy parish and is Fron parish in the same region.
I plan to go to my local/rural library next week and request some books on Norway history and maps of this region.

Thanks Jen in Wisconsin

Go to Top of Page

eibache
Norway Heritage Veteran

Norway
6495 Posts

Posted - 15/07/2010 :  18:23:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So Anna Jonetta was 102 years when she died?

Steinkjer is far from Fron, but has common border with Inderøy.

Einar

Edited by - eibache on 16/07/2010 19:53:41
Go to Top of Page

jen
Starting member

USA
15 Posts

Posted - 15/07/2010 :  18:48:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
yes,
That's why I was looking for birth record as her death record states died in 1936. Washington State.
And if I found imig record it would show aprox date she was born.
According to family notes, she was born in March 1 1834 in Steinkjer.
As her mother Anne Thorsdatter was about 97 years old when she died ( 1787/1789 born died 1884.
There are a few other relatives I think about four of them that lived to be about 100. And a lot of them lived into their 90's. I guess a health stock. Jen in Wisconsin
Go to Top of Page

jkmarler
Norway Heritage Veteran

USA
7765 Posts

Posted - 27/04/2017 :  13:28:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This from the Bellingham (Washington) Herald on 28 Feb 1934 pg 3:

"....Mrs. Brustad comes from a long-life family. Her mother lived to be almost 100 and an uncle in Norway lived to be 110.

Mrs. Brustad was born in Norway March 1, 1934 sic and came to the United States in 1892, locating first in Minneapolis, where she made her home with a daughter, Mrs. Ed. Johnson. Later she moved to Little Falls, Minn. and still later moved to Grafton, N.D. Her husband died in North Dakota and Mrs. Brustad came West to make her home with Mrs. Johnson in Tacoma and Mrs. Brevick in Laconner, dividing her time between her two daughters until Mrs. Johnson died....."

Here is a transcription of her death record and her father is identified as John Stukey
https://www.digitalarchives.wa.gov/Record/View/50C8E9BE9DC79C411F8320D4DDD886B9

Sivert and Anna. mostly Sivert, were discussed at this NorwayHeritage topic in 2011:
http://www.norwayheritage.com/snitz/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=5236&SearchTerms=severt,brustad

Edited by - jkmarler on 27/04/2017 13:40:56
Go to Top of Page

jen
Starting member

USA
15 Posts

Posted - 27/04/2017 :  17:37:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you for the information on Anna Jonetta Johnson Brustad; now to find more information on her siblings and her parents;
I have her parents as Anne Thoresdatter and Johan Amundsen; Haavstuen
married: April 22, 1812, Sor Fron, Oppland, Norway.
I was trying to find when her father died; according to family; he drowned at Beitstadfjord: along with his son Knudt Jonsen; Jan 5, 1856; the family moved and lived on several farms; name associated with family is: Amundsen, Jonsen, Stokke, Stukey.
Anne and one of her sons John imig to the U.S.....1859 ( I have that info; another son Hans also imig to the U.S.)
Several children stayed in Norway.
Ole Jonsen (Stokke)? resides in Trondheim: several children - no information on him.
I was trying to find info on father when he died; or who is his parents along with Anne parents were.
I have that family moved from Fron Parish to Inderoy Parish, Nord-Trondelag County, July 22, 1832.
Also Johan Johnsen; who is mentioned above, who imig: born in Gausdal parish in Gudbrandsdalen.
I think Knudt was buried in Sparbu,.
Also in one of the bap records parents names are John Amundsen, Haavstuen and Anne Thorsdatter.
Another child: Hans was born in Haavstuen, Feb 6, 1822.
Any idea on how I can find death record of John Amundsen or did he use the name Jonsen or Stokke, or Stukey on death certificate; since his wife imig in 1859; I assume he died before that date. Or did he drown at the fjord; 1856.
Is it possible to find their parents.
Thanks Jen in northern Wis
p.s I have that Knudt was living on the Hustadplas; with his wife; Christianna Toresdatter; when his daughter Olava Johanna was born: Nov 6, 1844.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Norway Heritage Community © NorwayHeritage.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
Articles for Newbies:

Hunting Passenger Lists:

An article describing how, and where, to look for passenger information about Norwegian emigrants
    1:   Emigration Records - Sources - Timeline
    2:   Canadian Records (1865-1935)
    3:   Canadian Immigration Records Database
    4:   US arrivals - Customs Passenger Lists
    5:   Port of New York Passenger Records
    6:   Norwegian Emigration Records
    7:   British outbound passenger lists

The Transatlantic Crossing:

An article about how the majority of emigrants would travel. It also gives some insight to the amazing development in how ships were constructed and the transportation arranged
    1:   Early Norwegian Emigrants
    2:   Steerage - Between Decks
    3:   By sail - daily life
    4:   Children of the ocean
    5:   Sailing ship provisions
    6:   Health and sickness
    7:   From sail to steam
    8:   By steamship across the ocean
    9:   The giant express steamers

Search Articles :
Search the Norway Heritage articles

Featured article