All Forums | Main Page | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 NORWEGIAN GENEALOGY
 General genealogy
 Anders Klungreseter
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

MADCOWGIRL

USA
47 Posts

Posted - 25/07/2010 :  00:42:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I know that my uncle, Anders Klungreseter still has many relatives in Norway. Their last name is Klugreseth - I am looking for information on him for my cousin Ingrid Klugreseter. Anders was born 24 Aug 1917 in Bermanger, Norway - He was the eldest son. He fought valiantly in WWII - and was a wonderful human being. Any information would be greatly appreicated

In every woman there is a Queen. Speak to the Queen and she will answer.

eibache
Norway Heritage Veteran

Norway
6495 Posts

Posted - 25/07/2010 :  07:18:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yellow pages show 14 Klungreset in Bremanger.

Anders was actually baptized Anders Johannes, see #11 and his parents were fisherman Reinert Ulriksen and Sigveig Johansdatter, Klungreset.

Anders father, Reinhardt Andreas Ulriksen was born June 5 1892, see #21 - his parents were fisherman Ulrik Andersen and Hansine Anderssdatter.

Anders mother Signveig Johansdatter was born July 31 1898, see #21 - her parents were Johan Rasmusen and Berte Andreasdatter at the Varpe farm.
Johan and Berte (Birte) in 1900 Johans parents were Rasmus Varpe and Susanne Olsdatter.
Signveig is here listed as (1167) Signe.

Einar

Edited by - eibache on 25/07/2010 07:21:27
Go to Top of Page

eibache
Norway Heritage Veteran

Norway
6495 Posts

Posted - 25/07/2010 :  07:58:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ulrik Andersen was born Jan 25 1868, see #19 - his parents were Anders Josefsen and Marianne Ulriksdatter, Klungreset.

Ulrik and Hansine were married June 7 1889, see #2. Hansines father was Anders Andersen Vedvik.

Einar

Edited by - eibache on 25/07/2010 08:28:44
Go to Top of Page

MADCOWGIRL

USA
47 Posts

Posted - 25/07/2010 :  20:13:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you both for this information about my dear Uncle Anders. There are many Klungreset's alive and on facebook - I am just trying to trace those that have passed before we can no longer remember what links we have.
From what I have been able to piece together Anders was very active during WWII fighting against the Nazi's - there is said even to be a movie here in the USA about the fight - something called the Heros of Telemark (?) His name is listed in the credits of this movie as consultant for information . I do remember some of his stories from my childhood.

Go to Top of Page

justinkemp
New on board

Iceland
2 Posts

Posted - 18/12/2010 :  08:23:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The old Icelandic annals tell that the Black Death came to Bergen, Norway, in 1349 with a ship from England. This was probably at the beginning of September. From Bergen the plague spread rapidly northwards and southwards along the coast and over land to Eastern Norway.

Watch Movies Online | Watch Little Fockers Online
Go to Top of Page

Kåarto
Norway Heritage Veteran

Norway
5861 Posts

Posted - 18/12/2010 :  14:57:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The movie you mention is Heroes of Telemark

Another Klungreset, Johan Jørgensen Klungreset 1916-42 from Bremanger died in WW2 when ship Feiøy with 8 Norwegian soldiers disappeared during a secret mission in Norway Jan. 1943.
He was a special-soldier in Kompani Linge and recieved Post Mortem the War Medal with star (with star means he was honored twice), info in Norwegian;
Fallen in WW2 from Bremanger, Johan Jørgensen Klungreset, see about 3/4 down here

Kåre

Edited by - Kåarto on 18/12/2010 20:10:06
Go to Top of Page

MADCOWGIRL

USA
47 Posts

Posted - 23/12/2010 :  21:31:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
][font=Tahoma Thank you Kare & eibache - you have both been a wealth of information for this madcowgirl! Happy Holidays to you both - Tusen Takks][/font=Tahoma]

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Norway Heritage Community © NorwayHeritage.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
Articles for Newbies:

Hunting Passenger Lists:

An article describing how, and where, to look for passenger information about Norwegian emigrants
    1:   Emigration Records - Sources - Timeline
    2:   Canadian Records (1865-1935)
    3:   Canadian Immigration Records Database
    4:   US arrivals - Customs Passenger Lists
    5:   Port of New York Passenger Records
    6:   Norwegian Emigration Records
    7:   British outbound passenger lists

The Transatlantic Crossing:

An article about how the majority of emigrants would travel. It also gives some insight to the amazing development in how ships were constructed and the transportation arranged
    1:   Early Norwegian Emigrants
    2:   Steerage - Between Decks
    3:   By sail - daily life
    4:   Children of the ocean
    5:   Sailing ship provisions
    6:   Health and sickness
    7:   From sail to steam
    8:   By steamship across the ocean
    9:   The giant express steamers

Search Articles :
Search the Norway Heritage articles

Featured article