All Forums | Main Page | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 NORWEGIAN GENEALOGY
 General genealogy
 Farm Name - Salmund Neilsen MoR
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

davidcarlsen

USA
396 Posts

Posted - 30/04/2011 :  01:26:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What is the farm name for Kirsten Nilsd in the bapt record for Ole Henning Salmonsen. Record is in third section from top on far left.

Edited by - davidcarlsen on 18/09/2021 05:33:06

davidcarlsen

USA
396 Posts

Posted - 30/04/2011 :  03:19:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
there are a few instances of Stocke in the record. In this case I am talking specifically about the name FOLLOWING "Kirsten Nilsd" in the record. None of the stocke cases has the large character preceeding it that looks like an english script capital "n". The "St" of stocke often looks more like an english capital "H" but the characters following do not look like the "oc" that has been written a few times before pretty consistently. This time it looks more like an "ars" - not at all like the "oc" that has been written previously. In fact it looks more to me like the "rs" group that is in Kirsten's name - same writer, same penmanship. Then there is another group that looks to an American like an "ote" group but I have seen enough of those to say it could be the "oke" group. But why would the writer repeat the "o" in that group if it has already been written in the group before as "oc"? This clearly is a fair amount of deviation from what has been written as "stocke" a few times before. I am not familiar enough with the various farm names around so thought someone might be able to more easily see what this might be if not "stocke". In the link you provided, I see no Kirsten Nilsd so even though a newbie could find it, it didn't find kirsten. I'm trying to find a birth record for kirsten with the idea that it might be Salmund Nielsen's sister and therefore I might find some parent names. Probably a long shot but whatever.

Edited by - davidcarlsen on 30/04/2011 03:20:48
Go to Top of Page

eibache
Norway Heritage Veteran

Norway
6495 Posts

Posted - 30/04/2011 :  07:56:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The bapt record for Ole Henning Salmonsen reads:
3die Søndag i Faste. Døbte Salmon Nilsen Stockes b. Ole Henning, Audit: Henning Ibsen, Breviig, Ole Olsen, Slodtzwiig, Martinus Rasmusen, Stocke, qw. Kirsten Nilsdr, St. Aarsæth, Elen Gundersdr, Gryttebust.

Kirsten Nilsdatter (Kirsti Nielsdatter) in 1801. Born approx 1764.

Christine Nilsdatter (Kirsten Nilsdatter) was baptized Oct 18 1764, father Nils Halvarsen, Store Aarset, see 6th record from bottom of right page.
Nils Halvarsen was married to Anne Larsdatter Febr 4 1762.
They had the children
Johanne, 1762
Christine, 1764
Nille, 1768 and
Lars, 1771.

Einar

Edited by - eibache on 30/04/2011 08:28:01
Go to Top of Page

davidcarlsen

USA
396 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2011 :  00:16:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nothing here then that would connect Kirsten with Salmund Nielsen as far as who Salmund's parents may have been or where he may have been born I guess?
Thanks for the effort on this though it appears that it is just a coincidence that Kirsten's last name is Nilsd and that she doesn't seem to be related as far as my family, unless Salmund's baptism just didn't get recorded. Perhaps I will look up all of these persons and see if any of their children's baptisms had Salmund as a witness.

From the 1801, Kirsten was married previously to a Jens ? Why does it call Jens Nicolai a common child?

Edited by - davidcarlsen on 01/05/2011 00:32:17
Go to Top of Page

hasto

Norway
294 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2011 :  13:41:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Jens Nicolai should be a Johnsen. He was a son of John and Kirsti. He was named Jens to honor her first husband Jens.

Harald S Storaker
4586 Korshamn, Norge
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Norway Heritage Community © NorwayHeritage.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
Articles for Newbies:

Hunting Passenger Lists:

An article describing how, and where, to look for passenger information about Norwegian emigrants
    1:   Emigration Records - Sources - Timeline
    2:   Canadian Records (1865-1935)
    3:   Canadian Immigration Records Database
    4:   US arrivals - Customs Passenger Lists
    5:   Port of New York Passenger Records
    6:   Norwegian Emigration Records
    7:   British outbound passenger lists

The Transatlantic Crossing:

An article about how the majority of emigrants would travel. It also gives some insight to the amazing development in how ships were constructed and the transportation arranged
    1:   Early Norwegian Emigrants
    2:   Steerage - Between Decks
    3:   By sail - daily life
    4:   Children of the ocean
    5:   Sailing ship provisions
    6:   Health and sickness
    7:   From sail to steam
    8:   By steamship across the ocean
    9:   The giant express steamers

Search Articles :
Search the Norway Heritage articles

Featured article