All Forums | Main Page | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 NORWEGIAN GENEALOGY
 General genealogy
 Johanes Halvorsen Parents
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 17

lornejohnson

Canada
287 Posts

Posted - 21/06/2015 :  06:53:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jkmarler

quote:
Originally posted by lornejohnson

http://www.arkivverket.no/URN:NBN:no-a1450-kb20051011050066.jpg possible daughter Anne ...line 89, 1837. ....Gunild's sister Bergit Halvorsdat. as godparent.....can't decipher the farm name following Bergit's name ??

Lihaegna farm in evidence here.

Bergit Halvorsdatter's farm name is Moen.

So if the farm name for Gunild is Rokliev ...Why does her sister Bergit identify with Moen ? Does this mean that these two are not sisters?

Lorne Johnson
Go to Top of Page

jkmarler
Norway Heritage Veteran

USA
7765 Posts

Posted - 21/06/2015 :  10:31:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
No it means they live on separate farms. As adults siblings may or may not be living on the same place.
Go to Top of Page

jkmarler
Norway Heritage Veteran

USA
7765 Posts

Posted - 21/06/2015 :  10:41:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Rønnou

The penman of this page has a few more flourishes on this letters. The marks above letters are "extra" marks to help distinguish vowels from consonants which are otherwise written very similarly.
Go to Top of Page

lornejohnson

Canada
287 Posts

Posted - 21/06/2015 :  16:10:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

No it means they live on separate farms. As adults siblings may or may not be living on the same place.

Thanks Jackie. I was under the impression that the original farm name became a part of your full name for life. So in fact your farm name would change depending on where you lived?

My ancestor known as Grandma Kleven actually adopted the original farm name as her "known name" ...rather confusing.

Lorne Johnson
Go to Top of Page

lornejohnson

Canada
287 Posts

Posted - 21/06/2015 :  21:59:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

The parents are married and their names are Halvor Olson and Gunnild Halvorsdatter. The child is still in as a potential relation, cannot yet be eliminated. No real help in the faddernes although there is a Jon (rather than Johannes).

Also take a look at #44 on that page, father is Jørgen Halvorsen Lia & mother Ingeri Gjermundsdatter.

Had another look here Jackie at # 44. Looks like it could be related family (son) to Halvor and Gunild ....but I don't see any names that cross over with Johanes Halvorsen's babies. Anything stand out to you?
Any comments on the Fridelgosse (sp?) that appears on both generations of the family ....I assume this is a farm name?

Lorne Johnson
Go to Top of Page

jkmarler
Norway Heritage Veteran

USA
7765 Posts

Posted - 22/06/2015 :  18:56:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by lornejohnson

quote:

The parents are married and their names are Halvor Olson and Gunnild Halvorsdatter. The child is still in as a potential relation, cannot yet be eliminated. No real help in the faddernes although there is a Jon (rather than Johannes).

Also take a look at #44 on that page, father is Jørgen Halvorsen Lia & mother Ingeri Gjermundsdatter.

Had another look here Jackie at # 44. Looks like it could be related family (son) to Halvor and Gunild ....but I don't see any names that cross over with Johanes Halvorsen's babies. Anything stand out to you?
Any comments on the Fridelgosse (sp?) that appears on both generations of the family ....I assume this is a farm name?

ægna Bø

I think the farm name you are referring to is Indlæggen in Bø. So far the first names don't indicate any close to the surface connections, though there could be a connection if the information you collect on people reveals it. Keep in mind.

As to what you are saying about the #44 entry, I'm not clear what you mean. This is a child of the marriage of a potential brother of Gunnild, Birgit, & Johannes named Jørgen Halvorsen. So far a link to his first marriage was posted and then a link to a second marriage was posted and then a child #44's baptism (from the second marriage) was posted. He is not a son of Halvor & Gunnild but a potential son of Halvor & Ingebor, that is why he is of interest. His progeny give another avenue of connections to explore for connections to your Johannes Halvorson that is why they may be of interest.
Go to Top of Page

lornejohnson

Canada
287 Posts

Posted - 22/06/2015 :  20:14:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sorry my error ...I meant Halvor & Ingeborg's son ...not Gunild's. I was just hoping that you may have seen something in the child's baptism records that I missed ....the names are difficult for me to decipher.

Another question: Are Lihaegna and Haegna farms related? ....as in Little Haegna ??

Lorne Johnson

Edited by - lornejohnson on 22/06/2015 20:20:17
Go to Top of Page

lornejohnson

Canada
287 Posts

Posted - 22/06/2015 :  23:42:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Ole's daughter Aase's record:
Source information: Telemark county, Bø, Parish register copy nr. 1 (1815-1831), Birth and baptism records 1829, page 272-273.
Permanent pagelink: http://www.arkivverket.no/URN:kb_read?idx_kildeid=7918&idx_id=7918&uid=ny&idx_side=-128

Ole's son Ole #133:
Source information: Telemark county, Bø, Parish register (official) nr. 7 (1831-1848), Birth and baptism records 1833, page 23.
Permanent pagelink: http://www.arkivverket.no/URN:kb_read?idx_kildeid=1350&idx_id=1350&uid=ny&idx_side=-30

It appears that the migration record incorrectly recorded Ole's patronymic as Olsen rather than Halvorson.

Could I get a translation please on the baptism witnesses for Ole and Aase. These birthdates are close to the birthdates of Johanes and Gunilds youngest babies.

Lorne Johnson
Go to Top of Page

lornejohnson

Canada
287 Posts

Posted - 22/06/2015 :  23:58:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Johannes and Gunilds Children Baptism Witnesses:

Anders b 1841 Boe
Krysti Johansdat
Margit Halvorsdat Kaasa
Halvor Halvorsen Skougen
Tosten Olsen Hougeland
Guro Handsdat Askilt

Johannes b 1834 Boe
Margit Indlaggen ?
Gunild ??
Annund Hord.....?
Gunild Nilsdat

Ingeborg b 1825 Sauda
Aaste Tollopsen ?
Anne Olsdat
Gunder Olsen
Ole Johnsen
?? Tosten

Nils b 1822 Boe
Aafte Askilt
Aafte Mijloe???
Ingelborg Kleven
Knud Togsol ?
Ole Lunde ?

Halvor b 1819 Boe
Gunild Volene
Margit Hapsot ???
Birgit Lie
2 more ..can't read

Lorne Johnson

Edited by - lornejohnson on 22/06/2015 23:58:56
Go to Top of Page

lornejohnson

Canada
287 Posts

Posted - 23/06/2015 :  00:19:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
http://www.arkivverket.no/URN:NBN:no-a1450-kb20051011050042.jpg

Number 46 ...Gunnild Halvorsdat daughter Ronnou has a Halvor Halvorsen (Nordboe) as a baptism witness .....common to Anders Johannesen ....Halvor Halvorsen (Skougen) witness ....both children born in Boe

Lorne Johnson

Edited by - lornejohnson on 23/06/2015 01:06:24
Go to Top of Page

lornejohnson

Canada
287 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2015 :  18:32:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Here is information that I just received from a collaborator that has access to information from several Bydgebok :

Well, we’ll see what I can do. I have helped someone with this family before so had the farm names from that. The farm name Rodklev/Osterli must be in Bo and I do not have records for that area. I only have for Seljord and Flatdal, Amotsdal area. What I have is:

Farm name RUI/RUE Farm No. 62.2
Halvor Jorgenssen Rui 1737 -
Married No. 1 in 1768 with Anne Gunleiksdatter Bakken 1743-1773
Married No. 2 in 1782 with Ingebjorg Jensdatter Haugen 1762-

Children born on Rue farm:
1. Jorgen, 1768-1768
2. Jorgen, 1769-1770
3. Ingebjorg, 1771
4. Helge/Haege, 1772
5. Anne, 1782-
6. Johannes, 1787

They moved to LI ovre (Tobakkli) Farm No. 63.11
Child born on Li was
7. Signe, 1791

Then they must have moved to Bo as I have no more records. after Li it shows a ? That is why I do not show marriages, families or deaths for the children. I do have Halvor’s parents and siblings if you want that.

Good information ...solid evidence of the Li connection ....and another child "Signe" that I will follow up with

Lorne Johnson

Edited by - lornejohnson on 06/07/2015 18:35:45
Go to Top of Page

AntonH
Norway Heritage Veteran

USA
9141 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2015 :  23:07:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Probably the Signe mentioned above. But was she listed in the1801 Census posted on page 5?

Signe Halvorsdatter
in the Norway, Select Baptisms, 1634-1927
Name: Signe Halvorsdatter
[Signe Jorgensen]
Baptism Date: 6 mar 1791
Baptism Place: Seljord, Telemark, Norway
Father: Halvor Jorgensen
Mother: Ingebor Jensdr
FHL Film Number: 127039
Reference ID: 2:1P6WQCV

Edited by - AntonH on 07/07/2015 01:36:27
Go to Top of Page

lornejohnson

Canada
287 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2015 :  23:36:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Based on this Bydgebok information, Halvor Jorgensen had daughter Signe at age 54 with his much younger 2nd wife.....I'm questioning the likelihood of him having daughter's Gunild and Brigette later in life ....in 1812 he is 75 years old ! ........on the other hand these dates are Confirmation/Baptism dates which can happen at a later age...right?

Lorne Johnson

Edited by - lornejohnson on 06/07/2015 23:57:59
Go to Top of Page

Hopkins
Norway Heritage Veteran

USA
3351 Posts

Posted - 07/07/2015 :  00:52:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You question that Halvor Jørgensen who had a daughter, Signe, in 1791 when he was 54 years old then having two more daughters in 1794 and 1796?
Why would be there be any big difference between his being a father at 54 or being one again when he was 57 to 59?

Perhaps you should check the birth/baptism records for the two youngest daughters to see if those records verify the names of their parents.
Go to Top of Page

lornejohnson

Canada
287 Posts

Posted - 07/07/2015 :  01:48:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have the information on them Hopkins. I was just doing the math on Halvor's age and marveling at the man's prowess !

Lorne Johnson
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 17 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Norway Heritage Community © NorwayHeritage.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
Articles for Newbies:

Hunting Passenger Lists:

An article describing how, and where, to look for passenger information about Norwegian emigrants
    1:   Emigration Records - Sources - Timeline
    2:   Canadian Records (1865-1935)
    3:   Canadian Immigration Records Database
    4:   US arrivals - Customs Passenger Lists
    5:   Port of New York Passenger Records
    6:   Norwegian Emigration Records
    7:   British outbound passenger lists

The Transatlantic Crossing:

An article about how the majority of emigrants would travel. It also gives some insight to the amazing development in how ships were constructed and the transportation arranged
    1:   Early Norwegian Emigrants
    2:   Steerage - Between Decks
    3:   By sail - daily life
    4:   Children of the ocean
    5:   Sailing ship provisions
    6:   Health and sickness
    7:   From sail to steam
    8:   By steamship across the ocean
    9:   The giant express steamers

Search Articles :
Search the Norway Heritage articles

Featured article