All Forums | Main Page | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 NORWEGIAN GENEALOGY
 General genealogy
 Petter Evans/Evensen/Evenson 1868
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 7

mastokk2

Norway
70 Posts

Posted - 20/03/2017 :  22:03:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I really wish I could!

I have not been able to share it, even my husband tried to help me, it was not possible, but he is trying to find a program where I can save it, and post it here :-)

I am sorry, but it will arrive :-)

Go to Top of Page

AntonH
Norway Heritage Veteran

USA
9141 Posts

Posted - 20/03/2017 :  22:18:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Perhaps you can summarize it for us. Does it give his birth day, month and year?
Go to Top of Page

mastokk2

Norway
70 Posts

Posted - 20/03/2017 :  23:05:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It gives his birthdate as January 22 1869 (one year wrong).

Nothing about parents, but his wifes name Margareth Evans.

Birthplace not known, only born in Norway.

Tomorrow I will send it by forwarded e-mail to another one in here, he will prepare it for put it here :-)

So sorry for this! :-/

Go to Top of Page

AntonH
Norway Heritage Veteran

USA
9141 Posts

Posted - 20/03/2017 :  23:08:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you very much
Go to Top of Page

JaneC
Norway Heritage Veteran

USA
3020 Posts

Posted - 21/03/2017 :  00:01:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you Mariann!

We have many times seen that discrepancy, where the birth day and month are correct, and the birth year stated in America is off by one year.

Anyone care to make it interesting - I'll give 10 to 1 odds that Peter Evans in Baltimore who married Margaret Meis was born Peter Evensen 22 January 1868 in Sem, Vestfold, to unmarried parents Even Eduard Petersen and Caroline Andersdatter.

Edited by - JaneC on 21/03/2017 01:10:13
Go to Top of Page

Linda Robinson
Starting member

USA
24 Posts

Posted - 21/03/2017 :  00:10:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I stated earlier that I was looking into that aspect.
Go to Top of Page

JaneC
Norway Heritage Veteran

USA
3020 Posts

Posted - 21/03/2017 :  00:22:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mastokk2

Hi...I know that Peter was raised in a fosterfamily (I have copies from the books who takes care of children/parents in this situation), Christian in one another!!

@Mariann, can you say more about what book you used, and can you summarize or type up what the book says about the candidate Peter being in a foster home?

@Linda, yes, and I think you mentioned a forthcoming trip to Maryland Archives. You may find additional records that help to build the story.

Edited by - JaneC on 21/03/2017 02:51:10
Go to Top of Page

AntonH
Norway Heritage Veteran

USA
9141 Posts

Posted - 21/03/2017 :  01:52:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The parents of Caroline Andersdatter father of Peter Evendsen were living at Skallevold in 1865 and 1875. Caroline's sister Josefine and brother Arndt were witnesses at the baptism.

Caroline was born Nov 16, 1844 and baptised Dec 26, 1844.
Parents were Anders Larsen and Anne Dorthea Christiansdatter.

It is a little harder to determine where she was in the 1865 and 1875 Norwegian Census. Based on her birth year of 1844 and birth place of Sem I would guess that this is her in 1875 working as a servant girl. Son Peter is already in a foster home. Same as in DIS discussion.

And probably here in 1865 Census. Same as in DIS discussion.

Edited by - AntonH on 21/03/2017 02:40:41
Go to Top of Page

JaneC
Norway Heritage Veteran

USA
3020 Posts

Posted - 21/03/2017 :  02:58:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This is probably the same Karoline as a godparent in 1882:
link

And again in 1884: link

Edited by - JaneC on 21/03/2017 03:01:06
Go to Top of Page

AntonH
Norway Heritage Veteran

USA
9141 Posts

Posted - 21/03/2017 :  03:03:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
One thing that confuses me somewhat in this topic is who is the father of the Peter Evendsen born in 1868. My confusion stems from trying to understand this sentence from the DIS discussion.

Men det visar seg i svaret eg fekk frå Statsarkivet i Kongsberg, at mor plutseleg hugsa at faren var ein annan enn den som vart oppgjeve i krk.boka ved dåpen til Peter!! (in english is it)

But the answer from the people at the Statsarkivet i Kongsberg was that the mother suddenly remembers that the father was another one than the one that was given in the church book in the baptism of Peter.

And then from the DIS discussion the father of Peter is not Even Edvard Pedersen but rather Svend Edvardt Pedersen.

So is that a totally different person or just that the name in the baptism record is slightly off?

Maybe someone can clear that up for me

Edited by - AntonH on 21/03/2017 03:09:22
Go to Top of Page

JaneC
Norway Heritage Veteran

USA
3020 Posts

Posted - 21/03/2017 :  03:38:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Re. the change of the father to "Svend" - I didn't understand that either, as I mentioned before. Where and when was the statement recorded? Mariann, I think you are the super sleuth who managed to dig that up!

In the candidate Peter's confirmation record, his name was recorded "Peter Eduardsen" with Eduardsen crossed out and replaced with Evensen. So as of that time, Even still seems to be considered the name of Peter's father.
link

Wouldn't it be the case that only a DNA test can establish true paternity?

Edited by - JaneC on 21/03/2017 04:01:04
Go to Top of Page

mastokk2

Norway
70 Posts

Posted - 21/03/2017 :  09:22:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
First: a DNA test from Margie B are already done, a DNA test are (or will be soon) done from one of Christians (Peters halfbrother) descendaents, Margie and Kathe (Christians descendant) are in contact with each other.

About what book I used: First I contacted the Statearchive in Kongsberg, had a hope that they could help me...And they sent me a copy from a book telling that the man who is given in the chrurchrecord as Peters father, had said that he was not!! And then there came another name Sven Edvard Pedersen from Marker/Aremark, I dont know, but this one might be him: http://www.rhd.uit.no/folketellinger/ftliste.aspx?ft=1875&knr=0101&kenr=009b&bnr=0647&lnr=00 their eldest daughter was born in October, Peter in January...

The Statearchive adviced me to contact the archive (www.ikakongsberg.no) where they keep books with information about several things from the counties of Vestfold, Buskerud and Telemark.

There is working a very helpful man, he sent me a lot of copies from several books (protocolls?), in these copies I found information about Peter, his fosterparents, his brother Christian, and a sister Kathrine (born in Rikshospitalet Oslo 1876), and another baby born in about March 1878, but died immidiateley after she/he was born.

There is told how much "fattigvesenet" gave to Peter and Christians fosterparents....

Go to Top of Page

mastokk2

Norway
70 Posts

Posted - 21/03/2017 :  09:34:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mastokk2

First: a DNA test from Margie B are already done, a DNA test are (or will be soon) done from one of Christians (Peters halfbrother) descendaents, Margie and Kathe (Christians descendant) are in contact with each other.

About what book I used: First I contacted the Statearchive in Kongsberg, had a hope that they could help me...And they sent me a copy from a book telling that the man who is given in the chrurchrecord as Peters father, had said that he was not!! And then there came another name Sven Edvard Pedersen from Marker/Aremark, I dont know, but this one might be him: http://www.rhd.uit.no/folketellinger/ftliste.aspx?ft=1875&knr=0101&kenr=009b&bnr=0647&lnr=00 their eldest daughter was born in October 1869, Peter in January 1868...

The Statearchive adviced me to contact the archive (www.ikakongsberg.no) where they keep books with information about several things from the counties of Vestfold, Buskerud and Telemark.

There is working a very helpful man, he sent me a lot of copies from several books (protocolls?), in these copies I found information about Peter, his fosterparents, his brother Christian, and a sister Kathrine (born in Rikshospitalet Oslo 1876), and another baby born in about March 1878, but died immidiateley after she/he was born.

There is told how much "fattigvesenet" gave to Peter and Christians fosterparents....

Go to Top of Page

mastokk2

Norway
70 Posts

Posted - 21/03/2017 :  09:45:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
One of Sven Edvards daughters descendants have given information about her here: https://www.myheritage.no/names/laura_jakobsen

So there is probably possible to ask someone for a DNA test...
Go to Top of Page

mastokk2

Norway
70 Posts

Posted - 21/03/2017 :  09:48:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If there is photos of Peter, there should be possible to compare them, if Sven Edvard was his biofather, this Laura was his halfsister. :-)
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 7 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Norway Heritage Community © NorwayHeritage.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
Articles for Newbies:

Hunting Passenger Lists:

An article describing how, and where, to look for passenger information about Norwegian emigrants
    1:   Emigration Records - Sources - Timeline
    2:   Canadian Records (1865-1935)
    3:   Canadian Immigration Records Database
    4:   US arrivals - Customs Passenger Lists
    5:   Port of New York Passenger Records
    6:   Norwegian Emigration Records
    7:   British outbound passenger lists

The Transatlantic Crossing:

An article about how the majority of emigrants would travel. It also gives some insight to the amazing development in how ships were constructed and the transportation arranged
    1:   Early Norwegian Emigrants
    2:   Steerage - Between Decks
    3:   By sail - daily life
    4:   Children of the ocean
    5:   Sailing ship provisions
    6:   Health and sickness
    7:   From sail to steam
    8:   By steamship across the ocean
    9:   The giant express steamers

Search Articles :
Search the Norway Heritage articles

Featured article