All Forums | Main Page | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 NORWEGIAN GENEALOGY
 General genealogy
 Anders Andersen and Elizabet Danielsdatter
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

bmcnallie
Medium member

USA
86 Posts

Posted - 28/01/2018 :  17:01:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This question might help to determine which Daniel. Would you be able to find out who this Marte Danielsdatter married?
"Daniel and Guri Family Tree
Kari 1807 # $
Marta 1809 # $"

The Marta(Marte) Danielsdatter I need married a Kristian Henriksen on March 22, 1827. This Marte was said to have lived on Tyskebergt Farm. Eventually they had 10 children.
Thanks

Barb
Go to Top of Page

AntonH
Norway Heritage Veteran

USA
9216 Posts

Posted - 28/01/2018 :  18:19:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Here is the record. I think you are on the right track and I also think the tree posted by Kåre is mostly correct and worth following.

Marte Danielsdr
in the Norway, Select Marriages, 1660-1926
Name: Marte Danielsdr
[Marte Andersen]
Birth Date: 1809
Marriage Date: 22 mar 1827
Marriage Place: Hof, Hedmark, Norway
Father: Daniel Andersen
Spouse: Christian Hendriksen
FHL Film Number: 124289
Reference ID: 2:Z38NWF

Name: Christian Hendriksen
Birth Date: 1807
Marriage Date: 22 mar 1827
Marriage Place: Hof, Hedmark, Norway
Father: Hendrik Andersen
Spouse: Marte Danielsdr

Here is the original record, note the farm is listed as Tyskeberget,

Edited by - AntonH on 04/02/2018 18:52:40
Go to Top of Page

bmcnallie
Medium member

USA
86 Posts

Posted - 28/01/2018 :  18:21:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I just found it in the Parish register...https://media.digitalarkivet.no/en/view/9162/299
Does this tell us anything different?

Barb
Go to Top of Page

AntonH
Norway Heritage Veteran

USA
9216 Posts

Posted - 28/01/2018 :  18:30:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good find you are getting fast at this.

It does tell you that this family is associated with the farm called Tyskeberget, or some variation of that spelling and there are several variations in the parish records. For example Tussøberget, Tussiøberget,and Tyssøberget.

Edited by - AntonH on 28/01/2018 18:33:20
Go to Top of Page

AntonH
Norway Heritage Veteran

USA
9216 Posts

Posted - 28/01/2018 :  18:35:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You also might find the Digitalarkivet site useful for searching. Here is some information. English version

Digitalarkivet

Edited by - AntonH on 28/01/2018 21:46:08
Go to Top of Page

bmcnallie
Medium member

USA
86 Posts

Posted - 28/01/2018 :  20:45:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ok..thanks. On the record of the marriage of Kristian Henriksen...does it say that his father is Henrik Andersen? and on the Karo's tree...would the farm that Daniel was from is Veteläinen? Where does the Tyskeberget come in?

Barb
Go to Top of Page

AntonH
Norway Heritage Veteran

USA
9216 Posts

Posted - 28/01/2018 :  21:27:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
does it say that his father is Henrik Andersen?

Yes

Based on the spelling i would say that Veteläinen is a farm in Finland. We know that Tyskeberget is a farm in Åsnes Parish, Hedmark. As the family moved, as was the custom, they attached the farm name where they were living or had recently lived to their first and last names.

However the family seems to have originated in Sweden. So it is a little unclear where the name Veteläinen originates. Perhaps Kåre can shed some light on the matter.

Some further digging on line seems to indicate the family goes back to about 1600 to this man Johan Joensson Veteläinen, födt 1610 i Vahanka, Pääjärvi sokn, Stor-Rautalampi, Finland

Edited by - AntonH on 28/01/2018 21:50:27
Go to Top of Page

AntonH
Norway Heritage Veteran

USA
9216 Posts

Posted - 28/01/2018 :  23:12:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
As a help to understand what is correct and not in the Geni.com tree I am going to try and find the children listed for Daniel Andersen and Hellene Simensdatter.

Anders May 5, 1805 Farm is Wærmun Lower middle right hand page

Link

Marthe March 13, 1808 Farm is Nordre Wæmun Middle right hand page

Link

Elene March 24, 1811 Farm is Sandsundet Last entry right had page

Link

The Geni.com tree has an Anne listed for 1818, have not found, may be confused with the Anne from other family.

The Geni.com tree has an Hellene listed for 1825 , have not found, may be confused with the Hellene from other family.

Tree for Simen Mogensen

Nygaard

Helene

Edited by - AntonH on 31/01/2018 03:50:17
Go to Top of Page

bmcnallie
Medium member

USA
86 Posts

Posted - 28/01/2018 :  23:46:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for checking. But I think right now I am going to take the tree that Kare has and go with the Daniel Andersen--1778 that married the Guri Andersdatter--1785. I am going to go another direction with the names.
Anders Danielsen--1729 married a Helena Samuelsdatter. They had some children---one of which is Anders-1753 that is the father of our above named Daniel. He also had a son named Henrik Andersen 1771 that married a Ingeborg Carlsdatter. I think one of their children was Kristian Henriksen 1807. Were there other children...perhaps a Peder? I have been trying your links you have provided but have not come up with anything yet. Should I start a new thread for this?
Barb

Barb
Go to Top of Page

AntonH
Norway Heritage Veteran

USA
9216 Posts

Posted - 29/01/2018 :  01:11:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Here are the children found on Ancestry.com for Henrik Andersen and Ingeborg Carlsdatter

Name: Hendrech
[Andersen]
Baptism Date: 14 jul 1811
Baptism Place: , Hof, Hedmark, Norway
Father: Hendrech Andersen
Mother: Ingeborg Carlsd
FHL Film Number: 124288

Name: Christian Hendrech
Baptism Date: 24 apr 1807
Father: Hendrech Andersen

Name: Anders Henriksen
Baptism Date: 16 nov 1800
Father: Henrich Andersen

Name: Marte Henriksen
[Marte Andersen]
Baptism Date: 10 jun 1804
Father: Henrich Andersen
Mother: Ingebor Carelsd

And the marriage of the parents

Name: Ingebor Karlsd
Marriage Date: 6 okt 1797 (6 Oct 1797)
Marriage Place: Hof,Hedmark,Norway
Spouse: Henrik Andersen

Edited by - AntonH on 04/02/2018 03:38:26
Go to Top of Page

bmcnallie
Medium member

USA
86 Posts

Posted - 29/01/2018 :  03:00:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the Henriksen names. I was hoping there was a Peder born around 1790 perhaps. I have put together a lot of information from you guys. There are a few names that I have that I am certain are connected to this bunch but I can't link them yet. I am kind of stuck so I have to think about all this.
If you can find out anything about this person, that would be great.
Tommes Olsen Vermunden born 1667 lived at Vermundsjoen.
I don't know how you find all this information...you can come up with ancestry.com names that I am not sure how you find because those don't come up for me!
I appreciate your help.
Barb

Barb
Go to Top of Page

AntonH
Norway Heritage Veteran

USA
9216 Posts

Posted - 29/01/2018 :  03:06:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Back in 2009 Kåre posted this in regards to another question.

Vermunden is a lake in Åsnes at the Swedish border, dam means pond so Vermundsdammen is located to the eastern part of the lake where the river start.
Go to Top of Page

AntonH
Norway Heritage Veteran

USA
9216 Posts

Posted - 29/01/2018 :  03:31:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The only Peder Hen* born about 1790 in Hof, Hedmark is this one.

Peder Henriksen
in the Norway, Select Baptisms, 1634-1927
Name: Peder Henriksen
Baptism Date: 5 feb 1792
Father: Henrik Olsen
Mother: Mari Xstensd
Go to Top of Page

bmcnallie
Medium member

USA
86 Posts

Posted - 29/01/2018 :  16:19:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well...I am pretty much stumped at how my husbands family connects with any of the above. Sorry it will be long...but I have to write it out below. Things I know or don't:
1. Kristian Henrksen (the stepfather--no blood relation that we know of yet--of my husbands ggrandfather Ole Gundersen(1857) married Marte Danielsdatter Tyskebergt as found here--https://media.digitalarkivet.no/en/view/9162/299
2. The father/mother of Kristian Henriksen is Henrik Andersen(1771)/Ingeborg Carlsdatter. Grandparents Anders Danielsen Veteläinen(1729)/HeleneSamuelsdatter. Great The Grandparents of Daniel Andersson(1707)/Eli Andersson(1705)Mattiasdatter-Lemoinen. Then Anders Danielsen(1681). Then Daniel Johansen (1640). Then Johan Johansson (1610)
3. The Father/mother of Marte Danielsdatter Tyskerget is Daniel Andersen (1778)/Guri Andersdatter(1785). Grandparents Anders Andersen (1753)/Liskin Danielsdatter. Great Grandparents Anders Danielson/Helena Samuelsdatter
4. Kristian and Marte share grandparents/ggrandparents of Anders Danielson/Helena Samuelsdatter
5. A few years ago I corresponded with a Harold LaFleur that is a ggrandson of Kristian Henriksen. He stated in a document "Kristian was born March 16,1805 or 07. and descended from Tommes Olsen Vermund who was born in 1667 at Vermundsjoen." Was this information WRONG as the tree that Kare created all have the Veteläinen name and not Vermunden. We know Kristian was on Vermunden from the church book marriage. Harold did his research before the internet.

Such a puzzle and so confusing. But I am determined to continue to see how my husband connects. He has had several DNA matches on Ancestry.com and FamilyTreeDNA that include people from this Veteläinen bunch.

Oh, one other quick fact. Kristian Henricksen's son with Marte, Halvor Kristiansen married a Pernille Thorsteinsdatter. This Pernille is a sister to Oline Thorsteinsdatter who eventually married our Ole Gunderson. But still with all this there has not been found a blood link with Kristian and Ole.

Very appreciative of all your help.
Barb

Barb
Go to Top of Page

AntonH
Norway Heritage Veteran

USA
9216 Posts

Posted - 29/01/2018 :  17:43:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I looked at the original baptism record for Kristian Henricksen of 24 April 1807. The farm name associated with that record is Wermund under Trogsrud. So a subform named Wermund (Vermund) under the main farm Trogsrud.

Baptism 2 middle of the right hand page.

Link

Hendrich and Ingaborg on Wermund in the 1801 Census

Probably the baptism record for Hendrich, born out of wedlock Farm is Dalhøklingen which was also called Nordre Vermundun according to a post in Slektsforum.

Henrik Andersen
in the Norway, Select Baptisms, 1634-1927
Name: Henrik Andersen
Baptism Date: 1 apr 1770
Father: Anders Henriksen
Mother: Berte Tommesd

First record left page

Link

This is probably that farm in the 1801 Census. No Berte there but a Mathis Tommesen born abt 1857.

I think some part of this family line is going to lead you back to Finland. Here are two discussions on Slektsforum and disNorge that after I dig into it for awhile might lead to further light being shed on this very complex family.

Slektsforum

disNorge

You will need to set up a family tree with all of these people that have been listed in your post. That tree might enable you to make some sense out of all of the posts in this topic.

Edited by - AntonH on 29/01/2018 22:52:32
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Norway Heritage Community © NorwayHeritage.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
Articles for Newbies:

Hunting Passenger Lists:

An article describing how, and where, to look for passenger information about Norwegian emigrants
    1:   Emigration Records - Sources - Timeline
    2:   Canadian Records (1865-1935)
    3:   Canadian Immigration Records Database
    4:   US arrivals - Customs Passenger Lists
    5:   Port of New York Passenger Records
    6:   Norwegian Emigration Records
    7:   British outbound passenger lists

The Transatlantic Crossing:

An article about how the majority of emigrants would travel. It also gives some insight to the amazing development in how ships were constructed and the transportation arranged
    1:   Early Norwegian Emigrants
    2:   Steerage - Between Decks
    3:   By sail - daily life
    4:   Children of the ocean
    5:   Sailing ship provisions
    6:   Health and sickness
    7:   From sail to steam
    8:   By steamship across the ocean
    9:   The giant express steamers

Search Articles :
Search the Norway Heritage articles

Featured article