All Forums | Main Page | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 NORWEGIAN GENEALOGY
 General genealogy
 Anders Larsen/Jonsen Bekkedal
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Jdkrags
Medium member

USA
84 Posts

Posted - 05/09/2019 :  04:17:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am trying to confirm the parents of my 5x great grandfather, Anders Bekkedal. I have evidence supporting both Larsen and Jonsen as surnames, and I don’t know which to believe. In my tree, I currently have him down as Anders Larsen, born 3 Feb 1760 in Rissa, Sor Trondelag, and dying 5 Apr 1837 in Lensvik, Sor Trondelag. His wife was Else Jensdatter Singstad(skalet), born 17 Dec 1786 in Stadsbygd, Sor Trondelag, and dying 4 Mar 1840 in Lensvik, Sor Trondelag. Else’s family is not a mystery, but I am unable to find her and Ander’s marriage record. Although, I do have the birth record of their son, my 4x great grandfather, Arnt Andersen Bekkedal/Krognes. Born 29 Apr 1807 in Rissa and dying on 31 Jan 1894 also in Rissa. Thanks for any help you can give, this is a tough problem for me and my research.

vivi

Norway
371 Posts

Posted - 05/09/2019 :  12:29:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi

Arnt born 29 april 1807 was born out of wedlock.
His parents were unmarried girl Else Jensdatter and married man Anders Jonsen - according to the church-book.
No 15:
https://www.digitalarkivet.no/kb20070905660055

BUT in a book called Lensvikboka the name of the father is Anders Larsen Bekkedal.

About Else in Lensvikboka

Else born 1786, parents Jens Johnsen and Inger Olsdatter Øyangen.
Else was married 1822 to widower Ole Sivertsen Fjorden, Agdenes.
Before her marriage she had a son with Anders Larsen Bekkedal by the name Arnt Andersen born 1807

Anders Larsen Bekkedal is mentioned one more time in this book as married to Lisbet born 1790 (as daughter of John Pedersen and Anne Kristoffersdatter)

Vivi

Edited by - vivi on 05/09/2019 12:37:21
Go to Top of Page

Jdkrags
Medium member

USA
84 Posts

Posted - 05/09/2019 :  13:52:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ok, well that affair explains why I couldn’t find their marriage record. And as far as I know, the only record that states the name “Anders Jonsen” is Arnt’s birth record. Arnt was married to Gunhild Paulsdatter Stordalsvigen (30 Mar 1815, Stadsbygd to 1908? Stadsbygd?), who’s parents were Paul Olsen and Ingeborg Pedersdatter. They were married on 15 Jul 1851 in Rissa. The father of Arnt is listed as “Anders Larsen”.
Go to Top of Page

jkmarler
Norway Heritage Veteran

USA
7765 Posts

Posted - 05/09/2019 :  15:34:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Confirmation record #15 father called Anders Bækkedal:
SAT, Ministerialprotokoller, klokkerbøker og fødselsregistre - Sør-Trøndelag, 646/L0608: Ministerialbok nr. 646A06, 1816-1825, s. 250
Brukslenke for sidevisning: https://www.digitalarkivet.no/kb20070905660268
Go to Top of Page

AntonH
Norway Heritage Veteran

USA
9216 Posts

Posted - 05/09/2019 :  17:52:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You might find his profile on Geni.com interesting.

Anders Larsen Solem Bekkedal

Geni.com

Here is a link to the baptism record for Anders. I found the source record from the Genie profile a little hard to read. See number 13 bottom of the right hand page.

Edited by - AntonH on 05/09/2019 18:02:55
Go to Top of Page

Jdkrags
Medium member

USA
84 Posts

Posted - 05/09/2019 :  19:09:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Great! I think I remember seeing that info and thinking that it seemed to me like a bit of a stretch in regards to his parents having the Sollum name and that there could be more than one Anders Larsen born in that year. Or not, I’m not sure. It very well could be correct, and so I would like to find out why Arnt’s father was given as Anders Jonsen, and more info on Ander’s parents and family.
Go to Top of Page

vivi

Norway
371 Posts

Posted - 05/09/2019 :  20:03:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi

According to Lensvikboka this is the father of Arnt in his first marriage.
1801 census:
https://www.digitalarkivet.no/census/person/pf01058438003178

Vivi
Go to Top of Page

vivi

Norway
371 Posts

Posted - 05/09/2019 :  20:10:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi

From Lensvikboka about the farm Bekkedal, Anders Larsen and half-siblings of Arnt.
It was Maren Jochumsdatter Moltzau who inherited the farm from her mother.
Maren was married to Anders Larsen. They had no children, but he had a son with Else Jensdatter Skaret called Arnt Andersen, born 1807. He was first married to Martha Mikkelsdatter, Grønningen, second time married to Kristianne Andersdatter Krognesbakken and third married to Gunhild Paulsdatter Størdalsøren.
Maren Jochumsdatter died in 1820 and Anders Larsen took over the farm.
He married a second time to Lisbet Johnsdatter Kibneb.
Their children was:
1) Helene Andersdatter born 1821 married to Kristian Pedersen Selnes
2) Jonetha Andersdatter, born 1824 married to Johan Olsen Selven. He was a tailor, and they lived some years in Størdal. They emigrated to US in 1875.
Anders Larsen ran the farm untill his death in 1837 and his daughter Helene Andersdatter took over.

Vivi
Go to Top of Page

AntonH
Norway Heritage Veteran

USA
9216 Posts

Posted - 05/09/2019 :  21:20:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Here is a link to another Family Tree. Source used is the one referenced by Vivi above, Lensvikboka, Johan Singstad, (Lensvik Historielag). No new information on Anders Larsen but the parents of
Maren Helene Jochumsdatter MOLTZAU are listed.

Tree
Go to Top of Page

Jdkrags
Medium member

USA
84 Posts

Posted - 06/09/2019 :  04:46:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wow, that’s a lot of marriages. Like father like son I guess. So do we think that Anders Jonsen was just a fluke in the records and that he is actually the same person as Anders Larsen, or is he someone different entirely that we don’t know?
Go to Top of Page

AntonH
Norway Heritage Veteran

USA
9216 Posts

Posted - 06/09/2019 :  17:47:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You are asking about a probable error made over 200 years ago. A little hard to pin down don't you think. Anyway there were a lot of Jonsen boys listed as witnesses for the baptism from the Singstad and Ølstøren farms, so maybe the parish priest was befuddled by all those Jonsen boys.
Go to Top of Page

Jdkrags
Medium member

USA
84 Posts

Posted - 06/09/2019 :  18:32:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That sounds logical to me. So Anders Larsen is the correct father of Arnt. I found the marriage record of Ander’s parents, Lars Joensen and Marit Arntsdatter. They were married 29 Jul 1757 in Stadsbygd. I will try to do more research on them and keep going back as far as I can.

Family Search index: https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:NWZF-PN5

Edited by - Jdkrags on 06/09/2019 18:32:53
Go to Top of Page

Jdkrags
Medium member

USA
84 Posts

Posted - 25/09/2021 :  23:54:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by vivi

Hi

Arnt born 29 april 1807 was born out of wedlock.
His parents were unmarried girl Else Jensdatter and married man Anders Jonsen - according to the church-book.
No 15:
https://www.digitalarkivet.no/kb20070905660055

BUT in a book called Lensvikboka the name of the father is Anders Larsen Bekkedal.

About Else in Lensvikboka

Else born 1786, parents Jens Johnsen and Inger Olsdatter Øyangen.
Else was married 1822 to widower Ole Sivertsen Fjorden, Agdenes.
Before her marriage she had a son with Anders Larsen Bekkedal by the name Arnt Andersen born 1807

Anders Larsen Bekkedal is mentioned one more time in this book as married to Lisbet born 1790 (as daughter of John Pedersen and Anne Kristoffersdatter)

Hi there! I was wondering if the Lensvikboka mentioned any children Ole Sivertsen Fjorden may have had with Else Jensdatter after their marriage in 1822?
Go to Top of Page

ToreL
Advanced member

Norway
818 Posts

Posted - 29/09/2021 :  18:19:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Jdkrags
Hi there! I was wondering if the Lensvikboka mentioned any children Ole Sivertsen Fjorden may have had with Else Jensdatter after their marriage in 1822?

Agdenes falls outside the area covered by Lensvikboka, but this search returns four children in the marriage, born between 1823 and 1832.
Go to Top of Page

Jdkrags
Medium member

USA
84 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2021 :  07:04:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Norway Heritage Community © NorwayHeritage.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
Articles for Newbies:

Hunting Passenger Lists:

An article describing how, and where, to look for passenger information about Norwegian emigrants
    1:   Emigration Records - Sources - Timeline
    2:   Canadian Records (1865-1935)
    3:   Canadian Immigration Records Database
    4:   US arrivals - Customs Passenger Lists
    5:   Port of New York Passenger Records
    6:   Norwegian Emigration Records
    7:   British outbound passenger lists

The Transatlantic Crossing:

An article about how the majority of emigrants would travel. It also gives some insight to the amazing development in how ships were constructed and the transportation arranged
    1:   Early Norwegian Emigrants
    2:   Steerage - Between Decks
    3:   By sail - daily life
    4:   Children of the ocean
    5:   Sailing ship provisions
    6:   Health and sickness
    7:   From sail to steam
    8:   By steamship across the ocean
    9:   The giant express steamers

Search Articles :
Search the Norway Heritage articles

Featured article