All Forums | Main Page | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 NORWEGIAN GENEALOGY
 General genealogy
 The name Lovo or Lovu
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

jrlovo
New on board

2 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2003 :  17:49:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Does anyone know where I can find more information on the name Lovo or Lovu. It comes from a rather small island off the northern coast of Norway. I have a book that describes it a little bit but it is about 20 years old. Any help at all would be greatly appreciated

ninakarls

Norway
232 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2003 :  21:12:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Is this the book?
Published 1979: Averøy bygdebok / Gudmund Frode Berg,
Erling Skjølberg, Kristian H. Strand. I made a search for somebody named Løvø a while back, and found them in this area.

Go to Top of Page

jrlovo
New on board

2 Posts

Posted - 05/03/2003 :  16:26:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The book that I have is full of genealogy. I have a listing of the family back to the 1400's but I am more curious about the where it comes from. The island is so small that I think the only way I am ggoing to find out anything about it is to just go there. But it would be nice to find some info first. Thanks

Go to Top of Page

Thea Lovo Lancaster
New on board

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 25/11/2005 :  00:57:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My maiden name is Lovo and the family has done a genealogy book a few year back. What are you looking for?
Go to Top of Page

mabas9395
New on board

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2008 :  23:18:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Don't know if anyone is still watching this thread, but I have a copy of "Genealogical Chart: Lövö Family Lövö Island Kristiansund N. Norway" by Vera Pearl Lovo Challenger in 1980. It is really more of a self published chart than a book, but still useful. This chart/book gives a brief (3 page) introduction with the history of the Lovo name, how the family came to North America and a map of where Lovo Island is located in Norway. The rest of the book is a modified pedigree chart showing relationships with names and dates (no locations or sources of data). I've put the first 677 names into a database but haven't finished the project yet.
Go to Top of Page

willapayne
New on board

Canada
1 Posts

Posted - 15/04/2019 :  05:50:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Last message was eleven years ago! I just found this. Vera Lovo Challenger who published the Lovo geneology is my father's double cousin. A Lovo man and two sisters married two Payne men and their sister in the early 1900s and settled in southern Saskatchewan Canada, where I live. Vera eventually married and moved to British Columbia. I do have the geneology. Anyone still following this topic? T

WPayne
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Norway Heritage Community © NorwayHeritage.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
Articles for Newbies:

Hunting Passenger Lists:

An article describing how, and where, to look for passenger information about Norwegian emigrants
    1:   Emigration Records - Sources - Timeline
    2:   Canadian Records (1865-1935)
    3:   Canadian Immigration Records Database
    4:   US arrivals - Customs Passenger Lists
    5:   Port of New York Passenger Records
    6:   Norwegian Emigration Records
    7:   British outbound passenger lists

The Transatlantic Crossing:

An article about how the majority of emigrants would travel. It also gives some insight to the amazing development in how ships were constructed and the transportation arranged
    1:   Early Norwegian Emigrants
    2:   Steerage - Between Decks
    3:   By sail - daily life
    4:   Children of the ocean
    5:   Sailing ship provisions
    6:   Health and sickness
    7:   From sail to steam
    8:   By steamship across the ocean
    9:   The giant express steamers

Search Articles :
Search the Norway Heritage articles

Featured article