All Forums | Main Page | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 NORWEGIAN GENEALOGY
 General genealogy
 Marriage Record Translation - Johan Henrik Lampe
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

mkptrsn
Medium member

USA
92 Posts

Posted - 29/05/2007 :  05:08:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello,

I'm also trying to understand the information in a parish record but can't seem to understand some of it. The record is at:
http://www.arkivverket.no

Then you go to :
Digitised parish registers -> Troms County -> Ibestad Parish -> 1859-1868, Parish register (official)-> 1867 Marriage Records -> first marriage of 1867, Johan Henrik Lampe and Randi Olsdatter
http://www.arkivverket.no/URN:kb_read?idx_kildeid=2887&uid=ny&idx_side=-305

Any guidance understanding what the info. says about my great grandparents would be so helpful and greatly appreciated! Basically the only thing I understand are the names, dates, and a couple rogue words.

Mike
mkepeterson@yahoo.com

eibache
Norway Heritage Veteran

Norway
6495 Posts

Posted - 29/05/2007 :  07:36:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Handelsmand, (merchant) Ungkarl (bachelor) Johan Henrik Lampe og (and) pige (maiden) Randi Olsdatter
Johan was født (born) i (in) Trondhjem opholder sig (lives) paa (at) Aareten? he was 48 years old and his father was Kjøbmand (merchant) fra Bremen Johan Diderick Lampe
Randi was født (born) i (in) Stridens prestegjeld (parish), she was 24 years old and her father was Inderst (lodger) Ole Pedersen from Roten?
The marrige was notified three times in the church: 2dre (second) Pintsedag (Whit Monday), Trefoldigheds Søndag (Trinity Sunday), 1ste (first) Søndag (sunday) efter (after) Trefoldighed (Trinity).

Einar
Go to Top of Page

Kåarto
Norway Heritage Veteran

Norway
5861 Posts

Posted - 29/05/2007 :  07:37:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Mike,
I recommend you open a new topic for your people and we will all do our best to sort out available information about Merchant and bachelor Johan Henrik Lampe and "Pigen" unmarried girl Randi Olsdatter.

Kåre

Edited by - Kåarto on 29/05/2007 07:58:44
Go to Top of Page

Kåarto
Norway Heritage Veteran

Norway
5861 Posts

Posted - 29/05/2007 :  11:32:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This was better, I was on page three in another topic, don´t know why ?

Here is shop assistent Johan Henrik Lampe in the 1865 census in Ibestad living at Havnvik farm two years before he married

http://digitalarkivet.uib.no/cgi-win/webcens.exe?slag=visbase&sidenr=2&filnamn=f61917&gardpostnr=843&personpostnr=5404&merk=5404#ovre

Kåre

Edited by - Kåarto on 29/05/2007 12:50:34
Go to Top of Page

mkptrsn
Medium member

USA
92 Posts

Posted - 29/05/2007 :  16:03:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you so much for your help! The information was quite helpful, now I only need to figure out how to find information on their families! This was my first time posting and I was sort of confused how to do it so I may have accidentally piggy-backed off another persons post!

Thank you for all the additional information to continue my search!

Thank you,
Mike
Go to Top of Page

Kåarto
Norway Heritage Veteran

Norway
5861 Posts

Posted - 29/05/2007 :  18:35:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mike, I continue in this topic.

Couple nr 4.
Ole Pedersen and Beret Rasmusdr. married in Malvik June 9. 1842, his father was Peder Pedersen and her was Rasmus Matsen.
Ole Pedersen was born in Størdal parish in Nord -Trøndelag county and Beret Rasmusdr. was born in Tynset parish in Hedmark County, both 26 years old, she living on Roten and he on Halstaddal? (looks a bit like Hatfjelldal but that is a municipality in Nordland County)

The priest started to spell Mats as her father´s given name before he realised that was wrong.

http://www.arkivverket.no/URN:kb_read?idx_kildeid=2366&idx_id=2366&uid=ny&idx_side=-89

Kåre

Edited by - Kåarto on 29/05/2007 20:23:52
Go to Top of Page

mkptrsn
Medium member

USA
92 Posts

Posted - 29/05/2007 :  23:29:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi there,

Thank you for the information. The name of Ole's birth place doesn't look more like Hordahl to you? For some reason I have there surname as Lundberg (from Amerinca records) but not sure where that comes from. Maybe there's a farm in one of those places.

Thanks!!!
Go to Top of Page

Kåarto
Norway Heritage Veteran

Norway
5861 Posts

Posted - 30/05/2007 :  00:14:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You might be right, ST might be an H. Most parish´s are spelled different today
Perhaps he was from Hørdahl or Hurdal in Akershus County.

Does that make any sence to you?

Kåre
Go to Top of Page

eibache
Norway Heritage Veteran

Norway
6495 Posts

Posted - 30/05/2007 :  08:24:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Halstad is a farm in Malvik, Sør-Trøndelag - Halstaddal was most likely a cotters place under this farm.

Einar
Go to Top of Page

Kåarto
Norway Heritage Veteran

Norway
5861 Posts

Posted - 30/05/2007 :  09:25:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You are right about Malvik Einar, Ole Pedersen was from Størdal in Nord-Trøndelag, Hørdal or Hurdal was a blind track.

Enter http://kart.finn.no/
Write Grønberg and press "søk". Enter Grønberg, Malvik and watch Halstad, navigate by dobbelclick, change to satelite and watch the farm Halstad.
Halstaddal must have been close to Halstad.

Kåre
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Norway Heritage Community © NorwayHeritage.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
Articles for Newbies:

Hunting Passenger Lists:

An article describing how, and where, to look for passenger information about Norwegian emigrants
    1:   Emigration Records - Sources - Timeline
    2:   Canadian Records (1865-1935)
    3:   Canadian Immigration Records Database
    4:   US arrivals - Customs Passenger Lists
    5:   Port of New York Passenger Records
    6:   Norwegian Emigration Records
    7:   British outbound passenger lists

The Transatlantic Crossing:

An article about how the majority of emigrants would travel. It also gives some insight to the amazing development in how ships were constructed and the transportation arranged
    1:   Early Norwegian Emigrants
    2:   Steerage - Between Decks
    3:   By sail - daily life
    4:   Children of the ocean
    5:   Sailing ship provisions
    6:   Health and sickness
    7:   From sail to steam
    8:   By steamship across the ocean
    9:   The giant express steamers

Search Articles :
Search the Norway Heritage articles

Featured article