All Forums | Main Page | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 NORWEGIAN GENEALOGY
 Kiwi Vikings & Aussies
 Karl Hansen and Anna Sofie Hansen
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

donovan
Starting member

Australia
10 Posts

Posted - 13/01/2012 :  06:10:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My grandmother Clara is the 4th child of karl and sophie and was born in 1896. In 1918 she married John Tavlaridis in New Zealand. I believe at that stage she already had a child herself my mother Joan Merline Elsa....does anyone have any information on this.... After her marriage to John Tavlaridis my grandmother migrated to Tasmania, where John died in 1921. My grandmother subsequently lived in Melbourne I am unable to find any records relating to her after 1931....can anyone assist.

donovan
Starting member

Australia
10 Posts

Posted - 13/01/2012 :  06:18:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
karl hansen BOLSTAD and Anna Sophie BOLSTAD, daughter Clara Elizabeth born 1896....who married in 1918
Go to Top of Page

oeverlie
New on board

Norway
3 Posts

Posted - 20/02/2012 :  23:04:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am not able to answer your questions but here is some information.

Charles Herman Bolstad and Anna Sofia had the following children born in NZ:

1892 Samuel Herman
1893 Annie Caroline
1894 Ruth Lydia
1896 Clara Elizabeth
1898 Christiana Amanda
1899 Charles Victor
1901 Vera Amelia
1903 Mary Emilie
1905 Rolph Richard
1907 Wilfred Archibald
1910 Julia Vera

In 1912, John Tavlaridis naturalised in Brisbane. He was from Greece and as you have mentioned he married Clara Elisabeth Bolstad in NZ in 1918.

In 1941, Joan Merline Elsa Tavlaridis married Charles Edward Donovan in Sydney.

In the BDM records for NSW, Sydney, we find the death of John Tavlaridis and Helen children:

1951 Adam Tavlaridis
1961 Dimosthenis Tavlaridis

Are there more than one John Tavlaridis in Australia or did he marry again before he died in 1921?

Vidar

Edited by - oeverlie on 20/02/2012 23:29:40
Go to Top of Page

donovan
Starting member

Australia
10 Posts

Posted - 25/02/2012 :  22:03:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by oeverlie

I am not able to answer your questions but here is some information.

Charles Herman Bolstad and Anna Sofia had the following children born in NZ:

1892 Samuel Herman
1893 Annie Caroline
1894 Ruth Lydia
1896 Clara Elizabeth
1898 Christiana Amanda
1899 Charles Victor
1901 Vera Amelia
1903 Mary Emilie
1905 Rolph Richard
1907 Wilfred Archibald
1910 Julia Vera

In 1912, John Tavlaridis naturalised in Brisbane. He was from Greece and as you have mentioned he married Clara Elisabeth Bolstad in NZ in 1918.

In 1941, Joan Merline Elsa Tavlaridis married Charles Edward Donovan in Sydney.

In the BDM records for NSW, Sydney, we find the death of John Tavlaridis and Helen children:

1951 Adam Tavlaridis
1961 Dimosthenis Tavlaridis

Are there more than one John Tavlaridis in Australia or did he marry again before he died in 1921?

Vidar

Go to Top of Page

donovan
Starting member

Australia
10 Posts

Posted - 25/02/2012 :  22:06:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
At this stage I believe the John Tavlaridis who was naturalised in Brisbane also is the same who married Clara. He was still married to Clara when he died in Tasmania in 1921...which makes me think there may be 2. What is your interest in this matter are you researching the Hansen/Bolstad family??
Go to Top of Page

oeverlie
New on board

Norway
3 Posts

Posted - 26/02/2012 :  17:31:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi, no other interest than wanting to help and share my Norwegian-NZ/Australia genealogy experience. I am active in other similar fora.

Vidar
Go to Top of Page

ScottEnglebretsen
Starting member

New Zealand
6 Posts

Posted - 16/06/2013 :  03:14:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi my name is Scott Englebretsen, Clara is my Grandmother, Ruth Lydia's sister. My father was Lydia's son Owen
I wondered if it was true that Clara had died in Melbourne and why she went there, as unless you can confirm these things by family it is only hear say.
I have been doing our family tree and have managed to find a lot of info. I have entered this info on My Heritage Site. I have some of the Bolstads birth certificates dating back to the early 1800's
I have been gathering photos from my families albums with my Uncle and cousins supplying pictures also. I intend on creating a book with photos and notes from newspapers and transcripts from my cousins about their parents and memories they have.
I have a few photo's of the Bolstad's family if you are interested in seeing them. I could e mail them to you, and if you had some of Clara and your family that would be great to see as well
I have tried to look for Joan's birth certificate but cannot find this on the NZ BDM site. Do you know Joan's birth date? I found a Joan Hansen DOB 1912,
I hope we can help each other out and stay in touch
regards Scott

Scott Englebretsen
Go to Top of Page

donovan
Starting member

Australia
10 Posts

Posted - 10/10/2013 :  22:51:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ScottEnglebretsen

Hi my name is Scott Englebretsen, Clara is my Grandmother, Ruth Lydia's sister. My father was Lydia's son Owen
I wondered if it was true that Clara had died in Melbourne and why she went there, as unless you can confirm these things by family it is only hear say.
I have been doing our family tree and have managed to find a lot of info. I have entered this info on My Heritage Site. I have some of the Bolstads birth certificates dating back to the early 1800's
I have been gathering photos from my families albums with my Uncle and cousins supplying pictures also. I intend on creating a book with photos and notes from newspapers and transcripts from my cousins about their parents and memories they have.
I have a few photo's of the Bolstad's family if you are interested in seeing them. I could e mail them to you, and if you had some of Clara and your family that would be great to see as well
I have tried to look for Joan's birth certificate but cannot find this on the NZ BDM site. Do you know Joan's birth date? I found a Joan Hansen DOB 1912,
I hope we can help each other out and stay in touch
regards Scott

Go to Top of Page

donovan
Starting member

Australia
10 Posts

Posted - 10/10/2013 :  22:59:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi scott

Clara was born in 1896 and married John Tavlaridis in Christchurch in 1918...Joan Merline "Tavlaridis" was born in 1914 out of wedlock, but from research so far I believe that John was her father....the family moved to Tasmania and John had a confectionery business in Hobart...he died in 1921 and his grave is in Tasmania...it appears on of his family members is also buried there. Clara moved to Melbourne after she went bankrupt in Tasmania...it appears she was a seamstress in Melbourne. Joan grew up in St Kilda Melbourne and married my husbands father Charles Donovan
quote:

in 1941. Joan had three children, Lynne, John and Geoff.

Yes CLara is your grandmothers sister from what I understand. And to date I have not been able to find any record of Joans death which I believe was around 1951-1951. I have ascertained that a "male" person cared for her but have got no further than that

Lies Donovan.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Norway Heritage Community © NorwayHeritage.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
Articles for Newbies:

Hunting Passenger Lists:

An article describing how, and where, to look for passenger information about Norwegian emigrants
    1:   Emigration Records - Sources - Timeline
    2:   Canadian Records (1865-1935)
    3:   Canadian Immigration Records Database
    4:   US arrivals - Customs Passenger Lists
    5:   Port of New York Passenger Records
    6:   Norwegian Emigration Records
    7:   British outbound passenger lists

The Transatlantic Crossing:

An article about how the majority of emigrants would travel. It also gives some insight to the amazing development in how ships were constructed and the transportation arranged
    1:   Early Norwegian Emigrants
    2:   Steerage - Between Decks
    3:   By sail - daily life
    4:   Children of the ocean
    5:   Sailing ship provisions
    6:   Health and sickness
    7:   From sail to steam
    8:   By steamship across the ocean
    9:   The giant express steamers

Search Articles :
Search the Norway Heritage articles

Featured article