All Forums | Main Page | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 MISCELLANEOUS
 Locations
 Einarsen_1700_Ingeborg Larsdatter_Hegra Festning
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

JodiRae63

USA
43 Posts

Posted - 13/02/2019 :  08:04:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am working on additional information for the items above. I do not have much to go on the birth location for Ingeborg Larsdatter and I do not know what the Einarsen is about. The location was listed in her birth place on a genealogy site. Any thing to forward the events of this lady and her family besides census of 1801 and 1865 where she is located on both and given a birthyear of 1733 along with a person listed as her son, Lars Hovoldsen, which I believe is not correct.

Jodi R. (Trogstad) Brennan

Hopkins
Norway Heritage Veteran

USA
3351 Posts

Posted - 13/02/2019 :  12:39:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
For something you've found on an unnamed "genealogy site" you'd have to ask the person or persons who posted that information.

The 1801 census does NOT list Lars Hovoldsen as the son of Ingeborg Larsdatter, you've misread that. You didn't give us any links to the information you claim to have found in the 1801 AND??? the 1865 censuses. That just makes it very difficult to try to help at all. What do you mean by "Any thing to forward the events of this lady and her family"? Forward the events? meaning what?

http://www.rhd.uit.no/folketellinger/ftliste_e.aspx?ft=1801&knr=0238&kenr=001&bnr=0052&lnr=00
Go to Top of Page

JodiRae63

USA
43 Posts

Posted - 13/02/2019 :  18:20:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You are correct about the Lars Hovoldsen. I did not read it at such it was put this way on a genealogy site, maybe by me and I don't recall, but when I viewed this link you provided above of the same source data you've discussed I realized when working late last night that it appears Lars Hovoldsen and Ingeborg Larsdatter are not mother and son but perhaps husband and wife, and that is what I did not convey in my late message on forum. Do you agree that they are husband and wife? I need to correct this on my tree if so.
3 july 1852 two siblings left Nannestad: Christopher Christophersen 40 years old and Johanne Christophersdatter 29 1/2 years old. They came from the farm Sandsnes No 18 and 19 right page.
Can you assist in the passage information on the individuals leaving Nannestad on July 3, 1852

Go to Top of Page

JodiRae63

USA
43 Posts

Posted - 13/02/2019 :  18:24:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by JodiRae63

I am working on additional information for the items above. I do not have much to go on the birth location for Ingeborg Larsdatter and I do not know what the Einarsen is about. The location was listed in her birth place on a genealogy site. Any thing to forward the events of this lady and her family besides census of 1801 and 1865 where she is located on both and given a birthyear of 1733 along with a person listed as her son, Lars Hovoldsen, which I believe is not correct.

***What I mean by life events is anything that can provide understanding to the connection the Hegra Festining. I just learned what that was last night and I am confused by the Einarsen and the Hovoldsen aspect. To me, with the Einarsen, which seems like a lastname, listed with Ingeborg maybe that is her 'other' spouses name, or is it a location? I do not recognize it as an association to her family on the link

Edited by - JodiRae63 on 13/02/2019 18:26:01
Go to Top of Page

ToreL
Advanced member

Norway
797 Posts

Posted - 13/02/2019 :  22:16:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The Ingeborg Larsdatter on Foss in 1801 in the link Hopkins provided, was the widow of Nils Tostensen (1722-1774) according to the Nannestad bygdebook, which also gives her lifespan as (1734-1801). But I have a general question: I am new on this forum and haven't read your several earlier threads. Is this a continuation of any of these threads, so that I should read those first in order not to duplicate earlier work? If so, which threads? Will any of them explain your reference to Hegra festning, which is located in a totally different part of Norway?
Go to Top of Page

ToreL
Advanced member

Norway
797 Posts

Posted - 13/02/2019 :  23:10:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
According to the bygdebook, the Ingeborg above was the daughter og Lars Knutsen Negarn Nordby (1689-1768) and Åse Toresdatter Rud (1701-1759). As far as I have checked, the bygdebook agrees with this online tree.
Go to Top of Page

Hopkins
Norway Heritage Veteran

USA
3351 Posts

Posted - 14/02/2019 :  02:29:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
it appears Lars Hovoldsen and Ingeborg Larsdatter are not mother and son but perhaps husband and wife, and that is what I did not convey in my late message on forum. Do you agree that they are husband and wife?

No, no. NOT husband and wife. You are not understanding what that census is telling you. You need to use the translated words list --
https://otjoerge.wordpress.com/norwegian-american-dictionary/ae-o-a-0-9/#0

You say you've picked up "Einarsen 1700 Ingeborg Larsdatter Hegra Festning" from another genealogy website. It appears you've picked up something that has nothing at all to do with the Ingeborg Larsdatter in Nannestad in 1801. I suggest you completely throw out that information until you can recapture where it came from.
Go to Top of Page

ToreL
Advanced member

Norway
797 Posts

Posted - 14/02/2019 :  09:04:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Enke etter første ekteskap means widow after first marriage, so Ingeborg did not remarry after Nils died. Husband and wife are always listed next to each other in Norwegian censuses. Below Ingeborg are listed the three children that were living with her.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Norway Heritage Community © NorwayHeritage.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
Articles for Newbies:

Hunting Passenger Lists:

An article describing how, and where, to look for passenger information about Norwegian emigrants
    1:   Emigration Records - Sources - Timeline
    2:   Canadian Records (1865-1935)
    3:   Canadian Immigration Records Database
    4:   US arrivals - Customs Passenger Lists
    5:   Port of New York Passenger Records
    6:   Norwegian Emigration Records
    7:   British outbound passenger lists

The Transatlantic Crossing:

An article about how the majority of emigrants would travel. It also gives some insight to the amazing development in how ships were constructed and the transportation arranged
    1:   Early Norwegian Emigrants
    2:   Steerage - Between Decks
    3:   By sail - daily life
    4:   Children of the ocean
    5:   Sailing ship provisions
    6:   Health and sickness
    7:   From sail to steam
    8:   By steamship across the ocean
    9:   The giant express steamers

Search Articles :
Search the Norway Heritage articles

Featured article