Posted - 11/09/2005 : 21:37:16
| This is a little reminder to all of our members to keep their profiles updated. To update your profile you have to be logged on. The click the link "Profile" on the line above the login button.
- Always be sure to have an updated e-mail address in your profile. This will make it possible for other members of the forum to contact you if they feel like sharing some information in private
- New members can not send e-mail through the forum before they reach a certain amount of posts in the forum, this is to stop spam robots from exploiting the forum.
- If you post an inquiry here and you do not monitor the forum frequently in the time after, you might miss out on valuable information. Many times people will read your post after several years and have information to share. You can subscibe to a topic to get a notification when a reply is posted.
- Do not post your e-mail addresses in the messages on the forum. If you do, they will be available for spammers. The e-mail stored in your profile is kept hidden from spam robots. Norway-Heritage values the privacy of the members highly, and never share e-mail addresses or other info with other parties, Norway-Heritage never sends out any spam to the members!
- There is a function in your profile which will let you choose if other members should be allowed to send you e-mail or not. Use it if you do not want to let other members to contact you, just set it to "no". Please do not list invalid e-mail addresses, as it causes mail sent to you to bounce back to the forum admin - that is not necessary!.
- If you forget your password, and your e-mail address it is not valid, it is no way to get a reminder message. The same if you forget your username.
- As of July 2008 we require that the username must be composed by using your first name and surname in combination. Usenames can not be edited.
- Write it down somewhere in case you should forget. That will make it easier for you to return to the forum after several months, you need to remember the username to be able to get logged in again. It is not a good thing when people register a new account every time they return to the forum.
[*] Enter your real first name and real surname in your profile as required during registering. Use your correct identity in respect of the other members.
New members registering with a false e-mail address, or false identity will be deleted. Every new registration for membership is rewiewed by one of the forum administrators before approved or deleted.