The Belgic as the Belgenland before the rebuilding in 1923 Support Norway Heritage: Purchase a copy
The Belgic (4) was originally built as the Belgenland (2) for the red Star line in 1914. In 1917 she became the Belgic 4 for the White Star Line, and served mainly as a cargo vessel without passenger accommodation. In 1923 the ship returned to Red Star Line and was heavily rebuilt, extra decks and a third funnel added, third mast removed, and the ship was renamed S/S Belgenland (2)
. She was used for the Red Star Line Antwerp - Southampton - New York service 1923 - 1932. In 1935 she became the Columbia for Atlantic Transport Line Co. Broken up 1936 in Scotland.