Napoleon was built in 1851 at Medford, Mass. Her tonnage was 764 tons gross, 739 tons net. Length was 140 feet x beam 30,7 feet and her depth was 21,8 feet. The Napoleon was bought by Arendal owners - H. Benham and A. Amundsen in 1860. In 1868 she was transferred to Sarpsborg and owned by A. Amundsen.
In 1869 the ship Napoleon departed from Christiania Apr. 25th, and arrived at Quebec June 18th. She was sailing in ballast, and was carrying 330 steerage passengers and 16 cabin passengers. There were two births on the voyage. There was an outbreak of measles and eight of the passengers died. When the ship arrived to the quarantine station at Grosse Īle, fifteen were sick. The Napoleon was mastered by J. Amundsen, and had a crew of 18.
The ship Napoleon