All Forums | Main Page | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 PASSENGER LISTS AND EMIGRANTS
 Hunting Passenger Lists
 Rummelhaf
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

ebl21
Starting member

USA
20 Posts

Posted - 28/07/2007 :  02:30:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My great grandmother, Carin Rummelhaf, emigrated from Christianna in 1882. She married Johan Olson and lived in Brooklyn NY. The marriage certificate states that her father's name was Albert Rummelhaf and her mother's name was Torkensen. His father's name was Ole Jensen and mother's name Anderson. I am still searching for the ships they came on and, also, anyone who is "attached' to the last names.

Eileen Broden-Lohne

jwiborg
Norway Heritage Veteran

Norway
4961 Posts

Posted - 28/07/2007 :  03:59:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,
when was your Carin born? About 1850?

Could it be this one?

Karen Martine Albertsen
Birth: 12 SEP 1849
Christening: 10 MAR 1850, Moss, Østfold
Parents: Albrecht Rummelhoff & Ingeborg Kirstine Hansdr

It doesn't fit with her mother's name being a "Torkensen" though...

Karen Martine as a servant in Moss, census-1865.

Probably her father with a new wife (Anne Severine Larsdatter) in the same census. Albret Rummelhoff is born 25 DEC 1812 in Moss, Smaalenenes Amt (Østfold county).

There are some Rummelhoff emigrants in the Christiana emigrant database(s), but I could not locate Karen Martine at first glance...

Jan Peter

Edited by - jwiborg on 28/07/2007 04:09:47
Go to Top of Page

eibache
Norway Heritage Veteran

Norway
6495 Posts

Posted - 28/07/2007 :  08:19:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes, the Karen Martine from Moss must be the right one. In the parish record she is recorded as an "uægte" child born by "pige" - maiden Ingeborg Kirstine Hansdt. and Albrecht Rummelhoff is a "gift mand" - married man. Albrechts wife Ellen Torkelsen baptized Karen Martine at home and is one of the godfathers. See #17

Einar
Go to Top of Page

jwiborg
Norway Heritage Veteran

Norway
4961 Posts

Posted - 28/07/2007 :  12:17:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'll put up a possibility for Johan as well, but since we don't know his age is a bit hard to find him...

Johan Anthon Olsen
Birth: 09 APR 1841
Christening: 08 AUG 1841, Moss, Østfold
Parents: Ole Jensen & Anne Maria Andersdatter

Jan Peter

Edited by - jwiborg on 28/07/2007 12:22:07
Go to Top of Page

eibache
Norway Heritage Veteran

Norway
6495 Posts

Posted - 28/07/2007 :  18:19:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Where did Carin and Johan marry?

Einar
Go to Top of Page

ebl21
Starting member

USA
20 Posts

Posted - 28/07/2007 :  19:09:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Carin married Johan in the USA on August 5, 1882.
Johan was born in Sweden.
As for her birth year it was 1854-1855. This is consistent with her marriage certificate....her children's birth certificates and her death certificate.

Eileen Broden-Lohne
Go to Top of Page

eibache
Norway Heritage Veteran

Norway
6495 Posts

Posted - 28/07/2007 :  22:44:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
See Albret no. 5 from the top
here

Albrets father Kapitenløtenant (lieutenant-commander) Johan Rumelhoff married Mad. (Madame) Berte Larsdatter March 8 1812, on the right side here

Albret 25 years old married Olia Hansdatter 21 years old Oct 16 in 1836. His father was Johan Rumelhof, her father was Hans Olsen #19

In 1862 reported Fraskilt (divorced) Mand (man) Fyrbøder (stoker) Albert Johansen Rumelhoff that he had moved from Moss to Larvik in 1850.

In 1865 Albret then 54 years was married to Anne Severine Larsdatter 32 years (from Nevlunghavn) and they had a daughter Marie Lovise 8 years old born in Brunlanes. (An “uægte” child born Dec 20 1858) see #2

Einar

Edited by - eibache on 08/08/2007 08:18:59
Go to Top of Page

eibache
Norway Heritage Veteran

Norway
6495 Posts

Posted - 30/07/2007 :  12:15:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Asuming that you can accept that Karen Martine born in 1849 is the Carin that you are looking for and that you are interested in her records here is the confirmation record #6
Her father Albert Rommelhoph is here listed as a "smed" - blacksmith.

Einar
Go to Top of Page

ebl21
Starting member

USA
20 Posts

Posted - 31/07/2007 :  16:37:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Did Albret Rummelhoff have any other children with his first wife Ellen Torkelson? Also, did Kristine Hansdt marry and have other children? I would love to be able to trace C(K)arin's half siblings. I have pictures of her with other children taken by a photographer in Christiannia. Where is Moss? I plan to revisit Norway and would love to find her actual birth place. Thank you for all your dilligence. Eileen Lohne

Eileen Broden-Lohne
Go to Top of Page

Hopkins
Norway Heritage Veteran

USA
3351 Posts

Posted - 31/07/2007 :  17:23:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Digitalarkivet website shows Moss church records for years as early as 1725 to be available online for your research.

The Digitalarkivet web site has been adding scanned images of the original Norwegian parish church records for anyone with Internet access since November 2005. They are planning that this project of adding the records may be finished by the end of the year 2007. More records are added every week.

The Digitalarkivet web site - http://digitalarkivet.uib.no/cgi-win/WebFront.exe?slag=vis&tekst=meldingar
An English option is available by clicking on that word from either the left hand column or the blue link bar along the bottom of the homepage.
The scanned images are available from the homepage link "Skanna kyrkjebøker" [Norwegian version]/"Digitised parish records" [English version] which is listed along the left hand column and from the blue banner of links along the top section of the homepage.
After you've clicked on that link and a new main page has presented on the screen be sure and read the instructions that are available from the Digitalarkivet for navigating the scanned records. The instructions are available in Bokmål (official Norwegian), Nyorsk (Norwegian), Davvisámegiella (Saami), and English.
Recommended basic reading are the "Startsiden" [Norwegian version]/"Main page" [English version], "Brukerveiledning" [Norwegian version]/"User's guide" [English version] and "Om tjenesten" [Norwegian version]/"About this service" [English version].

If you are not familiar with reading and using Norwegian church records study this article for a great deal of help -
http://homepages.rootsweb.com/~norway/na20.html

About the area -
http://homepages.rootsweb.com/~norway/ostfold.html

Edited by - Hopkins on 31/07/2007 17:25:31
Go to Top of Page

ebl21
Starting member

USA
20 Posts

Posted - 07/08/2007 :  13:45:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have have done an exhausting search of US immigration records for Karen Rummelhaf even using different aka's and can not find her in any passenger list. Are there other sources you could direct me to? Thank you so much.... Eileen Lohne

Eileen Broden-Lohne
Go to Top of Page

eibache
Norway Heritage Veteran

Norway
6495 Posts

Posted - 07/08/2007 :  14:35:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
In the census for Christiania in 1875 you will find her here as unmarried seamstress - living at N. Hammersborggade 14, her birth year is not correct but I am sure it is her.

Einar
Go to Top of Page

ebl21
Starting member

USA
20 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2007 :  15:58:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Could you find any records for Ingeborg Kristine Hansdt. You did find that she was the maiden mother to Karen Martine Albertsen (see above).?
Also, I can not find any emigration or immigration record for Karen (Rummelhaf)? . Any assistance or information you could provide would be most appreciated.
Again, thank you for all you endeavors. I wish other countries would have a site like this one. You are very much appreciated.

Eileen Broden-Lohne
Go to Top of Page

ebl21
Starting member

USA
20 Posts

Posted - 14/08/2007 :  23:51:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Were you able to find any information re. Ingeborg Kristine Hansdt? Should I have listed her under a name other than Rummelhaf? Since she was my gr. grandmother 's mother and i am recording the gernealogy of the family I am anxious for any information about her. Thank you Eileen

Eileen Broden-Lohne
Go to Top of Page

ebl21
Starting member

USA
20 Posts

Posted - 16/08/2007 :  16:00:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Please advise as to the status of my last two postings. Thank you

Eileen Broden-Lohne
Go to Top of Page

eibache
Norway Heritage Veteran

Norway
6495 Posts

Posted - 17/08/2007 :  09:37:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Due to the circumstanses around the birth of Karen Martine Albertsen searches for what happened to her mother has not given any results so far.
I am sure you understand that such a search is both difficult and time consuming - I have not had free time so far.
Maybe if you consult this posting later on someone might have had the time to help you. Otherwise you could do some search yourself on the available records together with a creative mind.

Einar
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Norway Heritage Community © NorwayHeritage.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
Articles for Newbies:

Hunting Passenger Lists:

An article describing how, and where, to look for passenger information about Norwegian emigrants
    1:   Emigration Records - Sources - Timeline
    2:   Canadian Records (1865-1935)
    3:   Canadian Immigration Records Database
    4:   US arrivals - Customs Passenger Lists
    5:   Port of New York Passenger Records
    6:   Norwegian Emigration Records
    7:   British outbound passenger lists

The Transatlantic Crossing:

An article about how the majority of emigrants would travel. It also gives some insight to the amazing development in how ships were constructed and the transportation arranged
    1:   Early Norwegian Emigrants
    2:   Steerage - Between Decks
    3:   By sail - daily life
    4:   Children of the ocean
    5:   Sailing ship provisions
    6:   Health and sickness
    7:   From sail to steam
    8:   By steamship across the ocean
    9:   The giant express steamers

Search Articles :
Search the Norway Heritage articles

Featured article