All Forums | Main Page | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 PASSENGER LISTS AND EMIGRANTS
 Hunting Passenger Lists
 Rummelhaf
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

ebl21
Starting member

USA
20 Posts

Posted - 05/09/2007 :  14:51:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am more interested in Ingeborg Kristine Hanstd lineage since she is my gr. gr. grandmother. I am now aware that she was a maiden mother to Karen Martine but is there not any other documentation of her re. her parents. I truly hope that someone will assist me. Thank you

Eileen Broden-Lohne
Go to Top of Page

ebl21
Starting member

USA
20 Posts

Posted - 13/09/2007 :  14:30:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Is there anyone willing to assist in this inquiry? Should I have opened a new forum topic under Hanstd rather than Rummelhaf? Please respond. Thank you very much.

Eileen Broden-Lohne
Go to Top of Page

Hopkins
Norway Heritage Veteran

USA
3351 Posts

Posted - 13/09/2007 :  16:18:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Did you learn any more information about Ingeborg Kristine Hansdtr in your own research into Moss records? When born?? Where born??

Digitalarkivet website shows Moss church records for years as early as 1725 to be available online for your research.

The Digitalarkivet web site has been adding scanned images of the original Norwegian parish church records for anyone with Internet access since November 2005. They are planning that this project of adding the records may be finished by the end of the year 2007. More records are added every week.

The Digitalarkivet web site - http://digitalarkivet.uib.no/cgi-win/WebFront.exe?slag=vis&tekst=meldingar
An English option is available by clicking on that word from either the left hand column or the blue link bar along the bottom of the homepage.
The scanned images are available from the homepage link "Skanna kyrkjebøker" [Norwegian version]/"Digitised parish records" [English version] which is listed along the left hand column and from the blue banner of links along the top section of the homepage.
After you've clicked on that link and a new main page has presented on the screen be sure and read the instructions that are available from the Digitalarkivet for navigating the scanned records. The instructions are available in Bokmål (official Norwegian), Nyorsk (Norwegian), Davvisámegiella (Saami), and English.
Recommended basic reading are the "Startsiden" [Norwegian version]/"Main page" [English version], "Brukerveiledning" [Norwegian version]/"User's guide" [English version] and "Om tjenesten" [Norwegian version]/"About this service" [English version].

If you are not familiar with reading and using Norwegian church records study this article for a great deal of help -
http://homepages.rootsweb.com/~norway/na20.html

About the area -
http://homepages.rootsweb.com/~norway/ostfold.html
Go to Top of Page

eibache
Norway Heritage Veteran

Norway
6495 Posts

Posted - 13/09/2007 :  16:52:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by eibache

Due to the circumstanses around the birth of Karen Martine Albertsen searches for what happened to her mother has not given any results so far.
I am sure you understand that such a search is both difficult and time consuming - I have not had free time so far.
Maybe if you consult this posting later on someone might have had the time to help you. Otherwise you could do some search yourself on the available records together with a creative mind.

I have done some mor searches without any luck - none of my tries for where her mother went has brought any news - sorry.

Einar
Go to Top of Page

ebl21
Starting member

USA
20 Posts

Posted - 24/09/2007 :  14:13:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
In attempting to compile my family history I got confused and hope you can clarify my inquiry. In the second response, dated 28/07/2007 by eibache it states that, Albret's wife, Ellen Torkelsen, baptized Karine Martine, my gr. grandmother. In the sixth response, dated on the same day eibache wrote that Albret 25 years old married Olia Hansdatter 21 years old on October 16 in 1836.
When Karen was born in 1849 could Albret have had a new wife? Please be assured that I truly appreciate your help. I would never had known my gr. grandmother's history without your help. The Norwegian-Heritage Society is certainly very dedicated . Thanks you so much..Eileen Lohne

Eileen Broden-Lohne
Go to Top of Page

Hopkins
Norway Heritage Veteran

USA
3351 Posts

Posted - 24/09/2007 :  14:51:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes, it appears that he was married more than once. Fathering children with other women probably put terrific strain on any marriage.
Go to Top of Page

eibache
Norway Heritage Veteran

Norway
6495 Posts

Posted - 24/09/2007 :  16:00:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Maybe it is worth while to clarify Albrets roles:
His first marriage was with Olia Hansdatter in 1836. She has probably died as Albret married for the second time.
His second marriage was with Ellen Torkelsen, while married to her he fathered your gr. grandmother.
When Ellen Torkelsen baptized (in place of a minister) your gr. grandmother "at home" - we don't know whether that was Albret and Ellens home or where your gr. gr. grandmother lived - this was sometimes done to assure that babies maybe of doubtful health would be christened. The baptism of Karen Martine was confirmed in church when Ellen Torkelsen and "the mother" were the two godfathers.
Albert and Ellen were obviuosly divorced - I have not seen any record of this - and Albert moved out of Moss.
He then got an "uægte" child with the girl that a little later became his third wife.

Einar
Go to Top of Page

ebl21
Starting member

USA
20 Posts

Posted - 24/09/2007 :  17:04:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you so much for the clarification. I need to add that it was told my gr. grandmother provided a very stable home life for her husband and two children. They stayed married to each other for over 40 years. She was very active in the Norwegian and Lutheran communities and became quite accomplished in purchasing, refubrishing and selling houses. I only can assume that she did not get her father's instability.
You do not have to list this reply if it is inappropriate for the forum.

Eileen Broden-Lohne
Go to Top of Page

eibache
Norway Heritage Veteran

Norway
6495 Posts

Posted - 24/09/2007 :  18:28:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just found that Albrecth Johannesen Rummelhof and Oline Hansdatter had a boy Carl Johan born April 6 1836 and christened Oct 16 1836 - the same day that they were married.
They had a second son Ole Anton, Sept 18 1838 and a third son Julius Bernhard Febr. 12 1842.

Einar

Edited by - eibache on 24/09/2007 20:00:48
Go to Top of Page

eibache
Norway Heritage Veteran

Norway
6495 Posts

Posted - 25/09/2007 :  13:50:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The confirmation record for Carl Johan Oct 6 1850 is #28
Ole Anton and Julius Bernhard were probably not confirmed in Moss.

Einar

Edited by - eibache on 25/09/2007 14:45:35
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Norway Heritage Community © NorwayHeritage.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
Articles for Newbies:

Hunting Passenger Lists:

An article describing how, and where, to look for passenger information about Norwegian emigrants
    1:   Emigration Records - Sources - Timeline
    2:   Canadian Records (1865-1935)
    3:   Canadian Immigration Records Database
    4:   US arrivals - Customs Passenger Lists
    5:   Port of New York Passenger Records
    6:   Norwegian Emigration Records
    7:   British outbound passenger lists

The Transatlantic Crossing:

An article about how the majority of emigrants would travel. It also gives some insight to the amazing development in how ships were constructed and the transportation arranged
    1:   Early Norwegian Emigrants
    2:   Steerage - Between Decks
    3:   By sail - daily life
    4:   Children of the ocean
    5:   Sailing ship provisions
    6:   Health and sickness
    7:   From sail to steam
    8:   By steamship across the ocean
    9:   The giant express steamers

Search Articles :
Search the Norway Heritage articles

Featured article