The Pacific was completed 1860 by C&W Earle in Hull, for the Wilson Line.
Her tonnage was 724 gross, 600 under deck and 466 net. 203,8 feet long, 27,2 feet beam and holds
16 feet deep, forecastle 15 tons and break 37 tons. Rigging: iron single screw steam Schooner,
1 deck, 2 tiers of beams and 4 bulkheads. There was accommodation when built for
12-1st, 14-2nd and 339-steerage class passengers.
Propulsion: compound engine with 2 cylinders of 24 & 43 in. diameter
respectively; stroke 26 inches delivering 80 horsepower, new boilers and engine compounded in 1876, the engine was built by Amos & Smith in Hull.
In 1869, on April 17th at 07:00 in the morning, the S/S Pacific ran aground at Fuglehuk in the Oslo Fjord in thick fog. It was a Saturday and she came from Stettin to Christiania to pick up Emigrants for America. The outbound Wilson Steamship Oder tried several times to pull her off but did not succeed. Later, after emptying the ship for its cargo, the Christiania tugboat Basten managed to pull her off. The voyage was cancelled and the Wilson Line ordered the steamship Albion to Christiania. The Pacific then returned to Hull with a load of timber, and arrived Tuesday April 20.
In 1888 the Pacific was re-engined again, and renamed Malmo. She was sold in 1900 to Spartan Chief SS Co, Liverpool, who resold her the same year to Lumley,
Mason of Manchester. In August 1901 she went to O.S.S Piper, Cork and in
1907 was sold to the Steam Drifter Coal Co, Aberdeen for use as a coal hulk. [The Wilson Line by John Harrower][Lloyd's registry of ships][Morgenbladet 1869]