All Forums | Main Page | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 ABOUT THE WEB SITE
 News, Updates & Announcements
 Image gallery uploads
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Borge
Veteran Moderator

Norway
1293 Posts

Posted - 31/07/2006 :  23:44:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I would like to thank all those who have uploaded new images to the Image Gallery on the Norway Heritage site. The gallery now have more then 1200 images of emigrant ships, historic documents, and other motives related to the emigration history. I know they have been appreciated by many of our friends and visitors

I know some of you have been eager to help by adding images, and are wondering why they do not get displayed in the gallery. There are several reasons why an image will not be approved for the gallery, and as you know all images are reviewed before they are approved.

Here is a list of the most common reasons why uploaded images are not approved:

1. The scan is of poor quality and resolution is too low to show important details on the image.
2. The uploaded scan is a thumbnail
3. The scan was found on another web site where it was published by third party
4. The source of the scan is not listed
5. The image is obviously under copyright by third party.

Please keep on uploading images, but be sure to avoid uploading scans which falls in under any of the 5 points above. If you find it difficult to submit images by uploading directly to the gallery you can always send as an attachment to e-mail

Børge Solem

matthewmac66

USA
46 Posts

Posted - 16/02/2007 :  22:37:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Borge

I would like to thank all those who have uploaded new images to the Image Gallery on the Norway Heritage site. The gallery now have more then 1200 images of emigrant ships, historic documents, and other motives related to the emigration history. I know they have been appreciated by many of our friends and visitors

I know some of you have been eager to help by adding images, and are wondering why they do not get displayed in the gallery. There are several reasons why an image will not be approved for the gallery, and as you know all images are reviewed before they are approved.

Here is a list of the most common reasons why uploaded images are not approved:

1. The scan is of poor quality and resolution is too low to show important details on the image.
2. The uploaded scan is a thumbnail
3. The scan was found on another web site where it was published by third party
4. The source of the scan is not listed
5. The image is obviously under copyright by third party.

Please keep on uploading images, but be sure to avoid uploading scans which falls in under any of the 5 points above. If you find it difficult to submit images by uploading directly to the gallery you can always send as an attachment to e-mail

Børge, are you seeking family photos, or only those items which are specifically described in the categories?

Cheers,

M. McClellan
North Carolina, USA
Ancestry: Kristenhaugen/Haugen/Christiansen, Olson, Knudsdatter/Kindsæth
Go to Top of Page

Borge
Veteran Moderator

Norway
1293 Posts

Posted - 18/02/2007 :  08:46:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We are mainly seeking images that will be of interest to the community, images that tell a story or is related to the themes on the web site. Currently we are not looking for family pictures in the way of ordinary portraits, as it would require a lot of space on the server we are on. However, you are all free to suggest new categories. I have thought of adding a section for people of Norwegian descent who's contribution to life or the community was extraordinary. I am not necessarily thinking of famous people, rather of those who ought to be famous but few know of. I have a few submitted stories about remarkable persons which I have yet not uploaded to the site. There were many remarkable people among the Norwegian immigrants and pioneers.

Børge Solem
Go to Top of Page

matthewmac66

USA
46 Posts

Posted - 22/02/2007 :  19:33:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Borge

We are mainly seeking images that will be of interest to the community, images that tell a story or is related to the themes on the web site. Currently we are not looking for family pictures in the way of ordinary portraits, as it would require a lot of space on the server we are on. However, you are all free to suggest new categories. I have thought of adding a section for people of Norwegian descent who's contribution to life or the community was extraordinary. I am not necessarily thinking of famous people, rather of those who ought to be famous but few know of. I have a few submitted stories about remarkable persons which I have yet not uploaded to the site. There were many remarkable people among the Norwegian immigrants and pioneers.

Understood . Thank you, Børge

M. McClellan
North Carolina, USA
Ancestry: Kristenhaugen/Haugen/Christiansen, Olson, Knudsdatter/Kindsæth
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Norway Heritage Community © NorwayHeritage.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
Articles for Newbies:

Hunting Passenger Lists:

An article describing how, and where, to look for passenger information about Norwegian emigrants
    1:   Emigration Records - Sources - Timeline
    2:   Canadian Records (1865-1935)
    3:   Canadian Immigration Records Database
    4:   US arrivals - Customs Passenger Lists
    5:   Port of New York Passenger Records
    6:   Norwegian Emigration Records
    7:   British outbound passenger lists

The Transatlantic Crossing:

An article about how the majority of emigrants would travel. It also gives some insight to the amazing development in how ships were constructed and the transportation arranged
    1:   Early Norwegian Emigrants
    2:   Steerage - Between Decks
    3:   By sail - daily life
    4:   Children of the ocean
    5:   Sailing ship provisions
    6:   Health and sickness
    7:   From sail to steam
    8:   By steamship across the ocean
    9:   The giant express steamers

Search Articles :
Search the Norway Heritage articles

Featured article