All Forums | Main Page | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 ABOUT THE WEB SITE
 News, Updates & Announcements
 Important announcement from Forum Admin
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Admin
Forum Admin

Norway
527 Posts

Posted - 26/06/2007 :  23:34:54  Show Profile
Lately several cases of flaming has been noticed on the Norway Heritage forums. The web master has received several complaints from different members. Flaming is the act of posting messages that are considered hostile or is hurting other peoples feelings. We want the Norway Heritage forums to be an including and loving community, please keep that in mind when posting your messages.

Please be nice to each other! Rather then posting something that is angry and mean-spirited, do not post anything at all. Members acting like trolls will risk being excluded!

Webmaster..

Rodney
Starting member

USA
16 Posts

Posted - 27/06/2007 :  19:17:59  Show Profile
Yes I agree, this site should be an enjoyable experience, rather than a cheap-shot or two or anything of the sort. I had joined sometime back, with a deep compassion of finding information of my lost family members. I had gotten the basic impression from nameless members, I was not welcome, and/or my search was unimportant. Since then, I have joined another discussion forum, and have received a warm welcome and overwhelming support from many members. The Norway-Heritage site is very special, keep it elite, and remember that even a highly skilled doctor can lose their bedside manors.
Go to Top of Page

kaare n
Medium member

Norway
114 Posts

Posted - 28/06/2007 :  00:38:50  Show Profile
Hello all.('')
I could not help my self? ('')I had to make a comment to this.
I am one old Norwegian man, with no complete English language, my language is NORSK (Norwegian) And my Norwegian is not always god either. Sometime I may write something that people reads in English and make a complete other meaning then I meant!!('')

If we sometime forget some letters or make a wrong sentence I do not think that the admin mean that, ('')but when you write something “mean” it is not always meant to be so bad.

('')
But I agree with Admin on “that people that write some ugly things one more then ones could send the mail to them self” And they should be thrown out of this forum.
AND remember that not all of us know everythig, but learn on
the way.

Remember that it is not all of us that are so good in English and we are just trying to help.
MOST US ARE TRYING TO HELP('')

If we make a miss, tell us, and I believe that those of us that try to help, can learn.

Sometime people like me started on a forum like this and we (I) did not have so much information to go on /give, in my first posting..

But I got help!!! I found my lelative in USA

So one advice to people that make a (firts) posting.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Give all the data you have at the first posting!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Tell what you are SURE of and KNOW for sure is right.
Then it is easyer to help!

Kåre in Norway

Go to Top of Page

Kåarto
Norway Heritage Veteran

Norway
5861 Posts

Posted - 28/06/2007 :  10:38:26  Show Profile
Hello.
Hopefully this affair is a misunderstanding, sometimes it´s hard to find the right words translating from Norwegian to English, words might have other meanings.

Myself, likely like others, are depending using a dictionary, sometimes it´s hard to find the right words and a the result might be a big misunderstanding or even worse, someone might be unintentional insulted.

All here in this for forum has one intention: to help others with genealogy.

Kåre
Go to Top of Page

Admin
Forum Admin

Norway
527 Posts

Posted - 28/06/2007 :  10:59:05  Show Profile
Thanks to all for your comments

I think I will close this toipc now, so we can all get back on track with our heritage discussions.

Webmaster..
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Norway Heritage Community © NorwayHeritage.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
Articles for Newbies:

Hunting Passenger Lists:

An article describing how, and where, to look for passenger information about Norwegian emigrants
    1:   Emigration Records - Sources - Timeline
    2:   Canadian Records (1865-1935)
    3:   Canadian Immigration Records Database
    4:   US arrivals - Customs Passenger Lists
    5:   Port of New York Passenger Records
    6:   Norwegian Emigration Records
    7:   British outbound passenger lists

The Transatlantic Crossing:

An article about how the majority of emigrants would travel. It also gives some insight to the amazing development in how ships were constructed and the transportation arranged
    1:   Early Norwegian Emigrants
    2:   Steerage - Between Decks
    3:   By sail - daily life
    4:   Children of the ocean
    5:   Sailing ship provisions
    6:   Health and sickness
    7:   From sail to steam
    8:   By steamship across the ocean
    9:   The giant express steamers

Search Articles :
Search the Norway Heritage articles

Featured article