All Forums | Main Page | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 PASSENGER LISTS AND EMIGRANTS
 Hunting Passenger Lists
 family histories
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

bolly
Starting member

10 Posts

Posted - 30/11/2007 :  04:13:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am looking for immigration records and facts about Olaf Nilsson, wife, A.C. Jansson (jansdotter) and Daughter Brighamina (Brigmine) Olsen.

The family Immigrated , according to sketchy family records, about 1880, and settled in Ephiram, Utah.

I have some information about them arriving on the ship "Wisconsin". I am holding this questionable because only one person is named instead of the entire family log of the ships list......Frankly, I'm not too sure of the authenticity of the reference...There is not enough information.

help!!!!

thanks Larry (Bolly)

Hopkins
Norway Heritage Veteran

USA
3351 Posts

Posted - 30/11/2007 :  04:31:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Check that LDS CD "Mormon Immigration Index". It should probably also include these persons that you earlier said were from Sweden.

I looked at the CD at my local LDS Family History Center earlier this week - check at yours. Familysearch.org website lists the CD available for purchase - very cheaply.
Go to Top of Page

Kċarto
Norway Heritage Veteran

Norway
5861 Posts

Posted - 30/11/2007 :  08:50:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It looks like they were Swedish?

Brighamina Olsdr born Jan. 11. 1860 in Jobeborg in Vermland, Sweden, parents:
Olaf Nilsen christened Feb. 28. 1825 in Sunra town in Vermland in Sweden- he died 1876 in Norway and Anna Cajsa Jansdr born Oct. 13. 1832 in Nor in Vermland, Sweden- she died Mai. 25. 1907 in Eprahim, Sanpete, Utah

Source: LDS records.

1865 cencus for Oslo show the family living in Oslo, both parents are born in Sweden, but Brigamina age 6 and her two sisters, Josephine age 8 and Emma Amalie age two show all three children born in Oslo, Click here

Brighamina Olsen (Olsdr) age 17 emigrated with a younger brother Carl Johan Olsen born about 1868 in Oslo on SS Wisconsin June 21. 1877, down page 1/3, Click here

Could it be widow Kaisa Olsen, age 53 from Vermland, Sweden emigrated on SS Hekla from Olso July 8. 1885, arr. New York July 23, dest. Dassel, Minnesota?

Kċre

Edited by - Kċarto on 02/12/2007 21:59:22
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Norway Heritage Community © NorwayHeritage.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
Articles for Newbies:

Hunting Passenger Lists:

An article describing how, and where, to look for passenger information about Norwegian emigrants
    1:   Emigration Records - Sources - Timeline
    2:   Canadian Records (1865-1935)
    3:   Canadian Immigration Records Database
    4:   US arrivals - Customs Passenger Lists
    5:   Port of New York Passenger Records
    6:   Norwegian Emigration Records
    7:   British outbound passenger lists

The Transatlantic Crossing:

An article about how the majority of emigrants would travel. It also gives some insight to the amazing development in how ships were constructed and the transportation arranged
    1:   Early Norwegian Emigrants
    2:   Steerage - Between Decks
    3:   By sail - daily life
    4:   Children of the ocean
    5:   Sailing ship provisions
    6:   Health and sickness
    7:   From sail to steam
    8:   By steamship across the ocean
    9:   The giant express steamers

Search Articles :
Search the Norway Heritage articles

Featured article