All Forums | Main Page | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 NORWEGIAN GENEALOGY
 General genealogy
 jacob waagbo
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

MeganJane
New on board

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 14/02/2008 :  07:28:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Jacob Waagbo and Maret Christendotter Garthe are my grandmother's grandparents. Maret Christendotter Garthe was born to Kristen Isakson Garthe and Giertrud Steinatdotter Ansnes. Kristen Isakason Garthe was born to Isak Isakson Garthe and Ane Aasprong. Gietrud Steinarsdotter Ansnes was born to Steiner Ansnes and Ildri Brusethaug.

Okay, I know that is a little confusing but I don't know any other way to put it.

That is as far back that I can find of my Norwegian heritage. I would like to know more about my ancestery. If it helps here are some of the towns I could find...

Giertrud Steinarsdotter Ansnes: 1819 Tolalen, Romsdal, Norway
Kristen Isakson Garthe: 1819 Surandasfjord, Norway
Jacob Waagbo 1846: Tingvoll, More Og Romsdal, Norway

I don't know if anyone would know any information but it would be fantastic to go as far back as I can. Thank you.

eibache
Norway Heritage Veteran

Norway
6495 Posts

Posted - 14/02/2008 :  08:37:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I do not know where you got the information, but just in case here is the baptismal record for Giertrud Steinarsdatter born Sept 6, baptized Sept 12 1819, see midle of left hand page here
actually her father was Stener Arentsen and you find him at the Andsnæs farm in 1801, see here
he was then 6 years old and his parents were Arent Pedersen (45 years) and Sigrie Stenersdatter (47 years).
The baptismal record for Jacob Waagbo is #58
He is actually Jacob Jacobsen since his father was Jacob Christophersen at the Waagbøen farm, Tingvold parish, Møre og Romsdal County. His mother was Marit Olsdatter and he was born Aug 21 and baptized Oct 4 1846.
Kristen Isaksens father Isak Isaksen was 23 years old in 1801, see here
his mother Daardi Larsdatter was then married to her 2. husband.
The baptismal record for Isach Isachsen, born in Dec 1778 and baptized just after New Year 1779 is the top one on the left hand page here
His father was Isach Torgersen at the Garten farm in Surnadal parish, Møre og Romsdal County.
Isach was burried June 2 1782, he was then 44 years old. See right hand page here
Isachs parents were Torgeir Olsen and Maret Isachsdatter.

Einar

Edited by - eibache on 14/02/2008 16:29:06
Go to Top of Page

eibache
Norway Heritage Veteran

Norway
6495 Posts

Posted - 14/02/2008 :  10:07:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Chresten Isachsen 33 years old (Kristen Isaksen) and Gjertrud Stenersdatter 22 years old (Giertrud Steinarsdatter) were married April 20 1842 see #6
Gjertruds father Stener Arentsen was baptized April 11 1788, see bottom of right hand page here
his mother is her written as Ingrie Stenersdatter, not Sigrie as in the 1801 census.
Ane Aasprong, married to Isach Isachsen is most likely Ane Thoresdatter in the 1801 census, see here
her parents were Thore Thoresen (53 years old) and Marit Andersdatter (43 years old).
Christen and Gjertrud had their first child Isak in 1842, see #110
Ane, their second child, was born in 1844, see #51
Ildri was born in 1846, see #136
Ingri was born in 1848, see #108
(Christens brother Isach, see 107, had a son baptized on the same day!)
Maret was born Aug 17 and baptized Oct 16 1853 in the Øye church, see #95
The baptismal record for Ane Thoresdatter is on the right hand page, left column, July 1 1781, born June 28 (ref. 1801 census)

Einar

Edited by - eibache on 14/02/2008 20:34:30
Go to Top of Page

eibache
Norway Heritage Veteran

Norway
6495 Posts

Posted - 14/02/2008 :  21:42:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Isach Isachsen, Garte and Ane Thoresdatter, Aasprong married April 7 1805, see close to the bottom of right hand page here

Einar

Edited by - eibache on 14/02/2008 21:43:11
Go to Top of Page

Kathy Lee
New on board

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 28/09/2010 :  21:52:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MeganJane

Jacob Waagbo and Maret Christendotter Garthe are my grandmother's grandparents. Maret Christendotter Garthe was born to Kristen Isakson Garthe and Giertrud Steinatdotter Ansnes. Kristen Isakason Garthe was born to Isak Isakson Garthe and Ane Aasprong. Gietrud Steinarsdotter Ansnes was born to Steiner Ansnes and Ildri Brusethaug.

Okay, I know that is a little confusing but I don't know any other way to put it.

That is as far back that I can find of my Norwegian heritage. I would like to know more about my ancestery. If it helps here are some of the towns I could find...

Giertrud Steinarsdotter Ansnes: 1819 Tolalen, Romsdal, Norway
Kristen Isakson Garthe: 1819 Surandasfjord, Norway
Jacob Waagbo 1846: Tingvoll, More Og Romsdal, Norway

I don't know if anyone would know any information but it would be fantastic to go as far back as I can. Thank you.

Jacob Waagbo and Maret Garthe Waagbo were my great-grandparents. I grew up on the farm they raised their 8 children. I don't know too much about their lives before they came to America but would love to know more.

Katharine Brakel
Go to Top of Page

eibache
Norway Heritage Veteran

Norway
6495 Posts

Posted - 29/09/2010 :  08:04:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Some more info:
Bachelor Arnt Pedersen, Aarnes and widow Ingri Stenersdatter, Andsnes were engaged to be married June 6 1784, see middle of left page.

Ildri Brusethaug = Ildrie Halvorsdatter 3 years old in 1801. Her parents Halvor Andersen and Giertrue Erichsdatter. The baptismal record is at the bottom of right page. She had a twin sister named Randi.

Halvor Andersen, Bruset and Giertrue Erichsdatter, Giersvold were married May 18 1794, see bottom of left page.

Einar

Edited by - eibache on 29/09/2010 09:19:13
Go to Top of Page

eibache
Norway Heritage Veteran

Norway
6495 Posts

Posted - 29/09/2010 :  09:39:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Jacob Waagbo = Jacob Jacobsen in 1865.

His father Jacob Christophersen was baptized Dec 26 1814, see 3rd record in right hand column on right page. His parents were Christopher Hansen, Møkkelbostad and Marit Jacobsdatter.

His mother Marit Olsdatter was baptized Oct 9 1814, see 2nd record in second column on left page. Her parents were Ole Eriksen, Bjørnes and Guri Jonsdatter.

Einar
Go to Top of Page

eibache
Norway Heritage Veteran

Norway
6495 Posts

Posted - 29/09/2010 :  20:06:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Christopher Hansen, Møklebust, Næsset and Marit Jacobsdatter, Brude, Grytten married June 26 1810, see 7th record from bottom of left page.
They baptize a son named Henrik Nov 10 1811.

Ole Erichsen, Biørnes and Gurrie Jonsdatter, Slenes were married May 26 1799, see 5th record on left page.

Gurri Jonsdatters parents, Jon Gundersen, Slenes and Gurrie Knudsdatter, Biørnæs were engaged to be married 2nd Day of Xmas 1776, see lower part of left page, the marriage record is on the right page.
Gurri Jonsdatter was baptized Nov 30 1777, see bottom of right page. Her mother Gurrie Knudsdatter was burried the same day!

Einar

Edited by - eibache on 30/09/2010 09:28:31
Go to Top of Page

eibache
Norway Heritage Veteran

Norway
6495 Posts

Posted - 30/09/2010 :  08:24:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Marit Jacobsdatter was baptized Febr 17 1788, see 12th bapt record on left page. Her parents were Jacob Iversen, Storgjeld and Margrethe Olsdatter who were married Jan 11 1784, see
top of left page.

Einar

Edited by - eibache on 30/09/2010 08:42:52
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Norway Heritage Community © NorwayHeritage.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
Articles for Newbies:

Hunting Passenger Lists:

An article describing how, and where, to look for passenger information about Norwegian emigrants
    1:   Emigration Records - Sources - Timeline
    2:   Canadian Records (1865-1935)
    3:   Canadian Immigration Records Database
    4:   US arrivals - Customs Passenger Lists
    5:   Port of New York Passenger Records
    6:   Norwegian Emigration Records
    7:   British outbound passenger lists

The Transatlantic Crossing:

An article about how the majority of emigrants would travel. It also gives some insight to the amazing development in how ships were constructed and the transportation arranged
    1:   Early Norwegian Emigrants
    2:   Steerage - Between Decks
    3:   By sail - daily life
    4:   Children of the ocean
    5:   Sailing ship provisions
    6:   Health and sickness
    7:   From sail to steam
    8:   By steamship across the ocean
    9:   The giant express steamers

Search Articles :
Search the Norway Heritage articles

Featured article