All Forums | Main Page | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 NORWEGIAN GENEALOGY
 General genealogy
 Bertha Marie Andersdatter Iverson
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Arlys Heddan
New on board

USA
4 Posts

Posted - 10/01/2009 :  22:02:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Looking for help to find any info: birth records, marriage records emigration info on my Grt Gr Bertha (Berte) Marie Andersdatter born 5/20/1824 or 1825 in Solor Osterdalen Norway.That is the only location I have for her birth. I have been searching the Digital Archives under Hedmark County for a long time and find nothing. She married Iver Iverson in Norway, had a daughter, Johanna born 12/29/1856 in Sole?? Norway. They came to US in September 1865. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Hopkins
Norway Heritage Veteran

USA
3351 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2009 :  03:47:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sør-Østerdal includes the parishes/clerical areas of Elverum, Trysil, Engerdal, Åmot, Osen, Storelvdal and Rendalen in Hedmark.
Solør includes the parishes/clerical areas of Aasnes, Brandval, Grue, Hof, Valer, and Vinger in Hedmark.

Bertha and Iver have left before the 1865 Norwegian census in December and left before Norwegian ports started collecting lists of emigrants on a standardized basis. Therefore there is no easy method to pinpoint their residence location.

You could go through the online scanned images of the birth/baptismal records of the above listed clerical areas and look for Bertha and/or Johanna.

The Digitalarkivet web site has been adding scanned images of the original Norwegian parish church records for anyone with Internet access since November 2005.

The Digitalarkivet web site - http://digitalarkivet.uib.no/cgi-win/WebFront.exe?slag=vis&tekst=meldingar
An English option is available by clicking on that word from either the left hand column or the blue link bar along the bottom of the homepage.
The scanned images are available from the homepage link "Skanna kyrkjebøker" [Norwegian version]/"Digitised parish records" [English version] which is listed along the left hand column and from the blue banner of links along the top section of the homepage.
After you've clicked on that link and a new main page has presented on the screen be sure and read the instructions that are available from the Digitalarkivet for navigating the scanned records. The instructions are available in Bokmål (official Norwegian), Nyorsk (Norwegian), Davvisámegiella (Saami), and English.
Recommended basic reading are the "Startsiden" [Norwegian version]/"Main page" [English version], "Brukerveiledning" [Norwegian version]/"User's guide" [English version] and "Om tjenesten" [Norwegian version]/"About this service" [English version].

Good information about translating the formats of Norwegian parish church records during various time periods, many of the basic terms used and understanding how to use the information should be studied at this web site -
http://homepages.rootsweb.com/~norway/na20.html

Go to Top of Page

eibache
Norway Heritage Veteran

Norway
6495 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2009 :  06:47:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Berte Marie Andersdatter born June 20 1825 was bapt in Hof Hedmark July 3 1825, see #110
she was born out of wedlock, her mother was Berte Bergersdatter from a cottar place under Glorvigen and the father was Anders Haagensen from Mellem.
Berte Marie was confirmed in Hof in 1841, see #20

Einar

Edited by - eibache on 11/01/2009 07:14:49
Go to Top of Page

Arlys Heddan
New on board

USA
4 Posts

Posted - 22/01/2009 :  20:50:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you both very much for this information.
I will continue to try to find their daughter, my great aunt, Johanna, to verify if this is the correct Bertha Marie Andersdatter.
Thank you, again.
Go to Top of Page

Arlys Heddan
New on board

USA
4 Posts

Posted - 13/07/2019 :  03:38:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bertha Marie Andersdatter and Iver Iverson's daughter Johanna Iversdatter:

I found a piece of info on Johanna Iversdatter. Her church record of marriage to Theodore Tronnes in March 1878 while living in Shelly, Minnesota states she was from Aasnos and was 19 years old indicating she was born in 1858.
Her confirmation church record while living in Sacred Heart, Mn. states she was from Sveivan.???? This must be a farm name near Aasnes.
Does anyone know of the name of this farm or possibly it is misspelled and should be something that sounds like Sveivan. I have not been able to locate a farm name like this.
I believe my only other option is to find a bygdebok to hopefully find any further info on my family. Thank you all for any info you may provide me with.
Go to Top of Page

AntonH
Norway Heritage Veteran

USA
9211 Posts

Posted - 13/07/2019 :  22:25:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
There is a farm named Sveiva in Åsnes Parish. That may be what you are referring to.

Sveiva/Sveiven is a part of a farm in Åsnes

Found in the 1865 Census as Domicile: Aasnæs: Korsgaarden (Sveiven)

Åsnes was separated from Hof clerical district in 1848 when Åsnes became its own clerical district,

The oldest parish records for Åsnes clerical district were destroyed by fire in 1929. Records available from 1866-1929.

Edited by - AntonH on 14/07/2019 00:33:02
Go to Top of Page

AntonH
Norway Heritage Veteran

USA
9211 Posts

Posted - 14/07/2019 :  02:10:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The parish of Åsnes has these two Bygdebøker in the collection at University of North Dakota.

Åsnes — Arne G. Brekke Bygdebok Collection
Åsnes

Fylke
Hedmark

Author Title Year Call Number Type Notes
Åsnesboka, v. 1 1953 DL596.A28 A25 Farms
Åsnesboka, v. 2 1956 DL596.A28 A25 Farms

Volume 1 has a Index online, but I did not see either Korsgaarden or Svelven listed in the list of farms. You can email Michael Swanson at UND and ask him if either of the farms are listed in Volume 2.

michael.l.swanson@und.edu

Edited by - AntonH on 14/07/2019 02:11:26
Go to Top of Page

AntonH
Norway Heritage Veteran

USA
9211 Posts

Posted - 14/07/2019 :  02:20:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Here is a link to the baptism record for Iver Iversen born in 1823 in case you have not seen it. Farm is likely Knappen.

Confirmed in 1839. Farm is Meiningen.

His father is Iver Iversen and his mother is Elene Eriksdatter . They were married Jan 17, 1823.

His father is Iver Jacobsen and her father is Erik Halvorsen.

Edited by - AntonH on 14/07/2019 02:51:49
Go to Top of Page

AntonH
Norway Heritage Veteran

USA
9211 Posts

Posted - 14/07/2019 :  03:02:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Iver Iversen was likely baptized July 22, 1798. His father was Iver Jacobsen and his mother was Ingeborg Henrichsdatter.

Original record is the second record down on the right hand page.

Link

The family is living on Trongaarden in the 1801 Census.

Iver Jacobsen married Ingeborg Henrichsdatter on Jan 14, 1780.

See number 4 under Copulat. on the left hand page

Link

Edited by - AntonH on 14/07/2019 03:46:52
Go to Top of Page

AntonH
Norway Heritage Veteran

USA
9211 Posts

Posted - 14/07/2019 :  03:15:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ellene Eriksdatter was baptized on July 12, 1801. Her father is Erich Halvorsen and her mother was Johanne Johansdatter. Ellene was born out of wedlock.

Original record is fourth record from the bottom of left hand page.

Link

His farm is Rusten and her farm is Schyemoen.

Link

Edited by - AntonH on 14/07/2019 03:26:57
Go to Top of Page

Arlys Heddan
New on board

USA
4 Posts

Posted - 18/07/2019 :  21:36:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you so much for this info. I am amazed at all the info you are able to find. Appreciate it very much. I have sent a msg to find out about any info in the Asnesboka Vol 2. Thanks again. Arlys Heddan
Go to Top of Page

Jdkrags
Medium member

USA
84 Posts

Posted - 22/08/2019 :  00:59:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I’ve tried to find Anders Haagensen’s marriage record to Berte Bergersdatter but I haven’t had any luck. Does anyone know when they were married?
Go to Top of Page

Hopkins
Norway Heritage Veteran

USA
3351 Posts

Posted - 22/08/2019 :  14:14:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Berte Marie Andersdatter born June 20 1825 was bapt in Hof Hedmark July 3 1825, see #110
she was born out of wedlock, her mother was Berte Bergersdatter from a cottar place under Glorvigen and the father was Anders Haagensen from Mellem.

Born out of wedlock means her parents were not married. The link to the later confirmation record repeats that.
Go to Top of Page

Jdkrags
Medium member

USA
84 Posts

Posted - 28/08/2019 :  01:00:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh my bad. I thought they might have been married after the fact. Do we know when and where they were born?
Go to Top of Page

AntonH
Norway Heritage Veteran

USA
9211 Posts

Posted - 28/08/2019 :  02:31:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We are missing the information that can usually be found in a marriage document, such as age (gives approximate birth year) and fathers name. But in the baptism for the child Bertha Marie Andersdatter whose mother is Berte Bergersdatter under Glorvigen we see what looks like a Peder Bergersen as one of the witnesses. There is a Peder Bergersen age 10 in the 1801 Census living with his father Berger Pedersen and mother Malene Olsdatter on Glorvigen Støre.

In Ancestry data there is this baptism. for a Berte Bergersdatter with the same parents as in the 1801 Census.

Berte Bergersen
in the Norway, Select Baptisms, 1634-1927
Name: Berte Bergersen
[Berte Pedersen]
Baptism Date: 4 sep 1785
Baptism Place: , Hof , Hedmark, Norway
Father: Berger Pedersen
Mother: Malene Olsd
FHL Film Number: 124288

The original baptism record is under Aasnes Do Sept 4 lett page near the middle of the page.

Link

The daughter is likely on the same farm as her parents, only a little further down the page listed as a unmarried servant girl.

And these two also have a son named Peder born in 1791

Peder Bergersen
in the Norway, Select Baptisms, 1634-1927
Name: Peder Bergersen
Baptism Date: 30 mar 1791
Baptism Place: , Hof , Hedmark, Norway
Father: Berger Pedersen
Mother: Malene Olsd
FHL Film Number: 124288

Link

Edited by - AntonH on 28/08/2019 23:05:20
Go to Top of Page

Jdkrags
Medium member

USA
84 Posts

Posted - 10/09/2019 :  15:22:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So this could very well be Berte’s parents? I’ll try and do a little digging myself and see what I can find about Anders.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Norway Heritage Community © NorwayHeritage.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
Articles for Newbies:

Hunting Passenger Lists:

An article describing how, and where, to look for passenger information about Norwegian emigrants
    1:   Emigration Records - Sources - Timeline
    2:   Canadian Records (1865-1935)
    3:   Canadian Immigration Records Database
    4:   US arrivals - Customs Passenger Lists
    5:   Port of New York Passenger Records
    6:   Norwegian Emigration Records
    7:   British outbound passenger lists

The Transatlantic Crossing:

An article about how the majority of emigrants would travel. It also gives some insight to the amazing development in how ships were constructed and the transportation arranged
    1:   Early Norwegian Emigrants
    2:   Steerage - Between Decks
    3:   By sail - daily life
    4:   Children of the ocean
    5:   Sailing ship provisions
    6:   Health and sickness
    7:   From sail to steam
    8:   By steamship across the ocean
    9:   The giant express steamers

Search Articles :
Search the Norway Heritage articles

Featured article