All Forums | Main Page | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 NORWEGIAN GENEALOGY
 General genealogy
 Søren Tellefsen
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

AntonH
Norway Heritage Veteran

USA
9216 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2011 :  02:55:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The last set of people from this family line consists of the parents of Søren Tellefsen Ramse. His wife is the Rannei Larsdatter from the previous post.

His marriage to Rannei is listed

The Åmli Tovdal Bygdebok also lists his birth as 1797 Fidgeland, Vegusdal, Aust-Agder.

I have tried to find him in the Vegusdal scanned churchbooks without success. I also have not been able to find him in the 1801 Census.

Any help would be appreciated.

AntonH
Norway Heritage Veteran

USA
9216 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2011 :  02:57:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am coming to the conclusion that there is a problem with the identification shown above. I looked at the Vegusdal bygdebok and found the two farms Austre Fidjeland and Vestre Fidjeland. However there is no one in these two sections named Søren Tellefsen. In fact there are very few if any references to any Søren or Tellef in either of these two sections. I did browse the book a little and found one reference to Søren Tellefsen with son Tellef in the neighboring farm Evelid. However the ages do not seem to be workable. The body of the work shows a Søren Tellefsen A. Frigstad born 1735 married in 1767 to Aase Gundersdatter Evelid born 1744 with son Tellef born 1781.

There is a Søren Tellefsen age 5 in the 1801 census however his father is Tellef Nielsen. Not looking very good for a solution.

eliminated

Edited by - AntonH on 16/09/2011 03:16:55
Go to Top of Page

AntonH
Norway Heritage Veteran

USA
9216 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2011 :  03:21:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Here is the birth record for the only Søren Tellefsen whose age even comes close to the Søren I am looking for. Last male at bottom of right page.

March 20

eliminated

Edited by - AntonH on 16/09/2011 03:17:52
Go to Top of Page

Lislcat
Advanced member

USA
690 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2011 :  20:11:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just a suggestion, but have you looked in the Mykland book? My reason for suggesting is that I know that a Tellef Eivindsen Ramse moved onto Auestad farm in the 1600's.

Lislcat
Go to Top of Page

hasto

Norway
294 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2011 :  22:06:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Søren Tellefsen (38) moved to Lille Topdal parish 1835.
He then came from Bygland parish.
Søren Tellefsen Fidieland, leaving Bygland 1835.
Søren Tellefsen moving to Bygland June 1827. From where? Hordnæs sogn? = Hornnes?

Is he missing in 1801 census?
Is he a son (out of wedlock) of Tellef Sørensen Evelie (20) in 1801 census?
Or perhaps Søren Tellefsen (7) in Kristiansand, born Nov 1794

Harald S Storaker
4586 Korshamn, Norge
Go to Top of Page

AntonH
Norway Heritage Veteran

USA
9216 Posts

Posted - 10/09/2011 :  04:10:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Also interesting is that above Søren is his future wife Rannei also going to Ytre Ramse in 1830. So they probably met at Ytre Ramse after Søren arrived. And quickly since they married in July of 1835 and Søren arrived in 1835. According to this record Rannei was born in 1806 and Søren in 1797. Both fit what we already know of their birth years.
Go to Top of Page

AntonH
Norway Heritage Veteran

USA
9216 Posts

Posted - 10/09/2011 :  04:20:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Some of the reasons that the explanation that he is the son of Tellef Sørensen Evelie is the marriage record states that his father is named Tellef Sørensen and he is from Fidjeland. Evelie is a farm next to Fidjeland.
Go to Top of Page

AntonH
Norway Heritage Veteran

USA
9216 Posts

Posted - 14/09/2011 :  03:53:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well after posting the same question on Brukernes eget forum-Arkivet without turning up anything new I am leaning most stongly toward the posting of Harold's.
quote:
Or perhaps Søren Tellefsen (7) in Kristiansand, born Nov 1794

His father is named Tellef, although not Sørensen, he could have grown up in Kristiansand after his father died, then moved eastward through various farms in Aust-Agder until he ended up in Tovdal and married Ranei Larsdatter. The birth year of 1794 is close to that listed in the scanned church records and bygdebok and there really is no other candidate with father named Tellef. However there are still some probllems with this candidate.

I will do some further digging and see if more can be found out about this Søren.

Edited by - AntonH on 14/09/2011 04:08:52
Go to Top of Page

eibache
Norway Heritage Veteran

Norway
6495 Posts

Posted - 14/09/2011 :  09:38:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Also interesting is that above Søren is his future wife Rannei also going to Ytre Ramse in 1830. So they probably met at Ytre Ramse after Søren arrived.
- they must have met before, in the column for the purpose to come to øvre Ramse in Lille Topdal was "Ægteskabelig Forbindelse" - in connection with marriage.

Einar
Go to Top of Page

AntonH
Norway Heritage Veteran

USA
9216 Posts

Posted - 14/09/2011 :  16:43:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I wonder if this is not his death record. March 11, 1799 Tellef Tellefsen. The description seems to use the same farm name Stangenos ? along with some other words that are difficult for me to read. I wonder if someone would take a look and read what the phrase says after his name. Also it appears that he is 60 years old at the time of his death. Might be a little old to have a seven year old son?

March 11, 1799

Edited by - AntonH on 14/09/2011 16:46:20
Go to Top of Page

AntonH
Norway Heritage Veteran

USA
9216 Posts

Posted - 14/09/2011 :  17:10:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
And this must be the marriage of Tellef Tellefsen and Anne Andersdatter on April 22, 1786. I could use some help with the farm names behind their names. I do have access to the bygdebok for Oddernes so I could look up the farms this week.

April 22, 1786
Go to Top of Page

jkmarler
Norway Heritage Veteran

USA
7765 Posts

Posted - 14/09/2011 :  17:26:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,

On the wedding record, the farm name after Tellef looks to be Efteveg or Esteveg and after Anne it looks like Kvesveg. At least those are my guesses...

Jackie M.
Go to Top of Page

eibache
Norway Heritage Veteran

Norway
6495 Posts

Posted - 14/09/2011 :  21:25:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Tellev Tellevsen died in Chsand (Christiansand) but had been on Stangenæs.

Einar
Go to Top of Page

eibache
Norway Heritage Veteran

Norway
6495 Posts

Posted - 14/09/2011 :  21:30:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Widower Tellef Tellefsen came from Eftevig and Anne Andersdatter came from Koesvig.

Einar
Go to Top of Page

hasto

Norway
294 Posts

Posted - 14/09/2011 :  22:42:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Stangenes and Støle are farms in Randesund (Eastern Oddernes) , Kosvig and Eftevåg are in Høvåg (Vestre Moland), and Hånes is in Tveit parish.
My guess is that Tellef Tellefsen was from Vesterhus, Høvåg, and married to Eftevåg in his first marriage 5 March 1775.
Perhaps Anne was a sister of Signe Andersdatter Hånes. That is difficult to check up, because Tveit church records are missing.

Harald S Storaker
4586 Korshamn, Norge
Go to Top of Page

AntonH
Norway Heritage Veteran

USA
9216 Posts

Posted - 14/09/2011 :  23:54:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Looking at the 1801 Census for Søren Tellefsen turns up only six people. I think three of them can be eliminated based on age. One is 13 in 1801 so perhaps it is not impossible for him to have had children in 1839 when Lars Sørensen brother to Tellef was born. The other two are the ones we have discussed above. Unfortunately Søren had only two children that I know of, Tellef and Lars, which are the logical names for any of the Sørens we have.

Perhaps I will be able to eliminate one or more of the two or three candidates if I can find marriages for them in the bygdebøker I will look at on Friday.

Anyway thanks for the effort.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Norway Heritage Community © NorwayHeritage.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
Articles for Newbies:

Hunting Passenger Lists:

An article describing how, and where, to look for passenger information about Norwegian emigrants
    1:   Emigration Records - Sources - Timeline
    2:   Canadian Records (1865-1935)
    3:   Canadian Immigration Records Database
    4:   US arrivals - Customs Passenger Lists
    5:   Port of New York Passenger Records
    6:   Norwegian Emigration Records
    7:   British outbound passenger lists

The Transatlantic Crossing:

An article about how the majority of emigrants would travel. It also gives some insight to the amazing development in how ships were constructed and the transportation arranged
    1:   Early Norwegian Emigrants
    2:   Steerage - Between Decks
    3:   By sail - daily life
    4:   Children of the ocean
    5:   Sailing ship provisions
    6:   Health and sickness
    7:   From sail to steam
    8:   By steamship across the ocean
    9:   The giant express steamers

Search Articles :
Search the Norway Heritage articles

Featured article