All Forums | Main Page | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 NORWEGIAN GENEALOGY
 General genealogy
 Pine Lake Settlement
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Janiceroe

USA
39 Posts

Posted - 29/10/2011 :  17:31:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have some relatives that were born in the pine lake settlement at the family research website I found that the microfilm number was 1394155, I also found records listed in dodge cty, Wisconsin and Erin, Washington, WI. What I'm wondering was this area all considered part of the pine lake settlement.

Also does anyone know if these microfilms have the birth certificate, marriage etc listed.

I have viewed microfilm before when researching my family from Poland, they just had the church records listed of births and marriages.

Janice

jkmarler
Norway Heritage Veteran

USA
7765 Posts

Posted - 29/10/2011 :  18:15:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi

I just did a film /fiche search at www.familysearch.org and this is the description of what is on that number at their site:

"Family group sheets of the world, arranged in the microfilm file by the date the sheets were submitted to the Genealogical Society. To find any group sheet in the file, use the submission code assigned to the sheet. Sheets missed during the first filming will be filmed at a later date."

If this is indeed what you are looking for--it is very unlikely that actual marriage or other vital documents are there.

You may want to contact whoever's web site you found the information and ask them what that number contains.

Jackie M.

Edited by - jkmarler on 29/10/2011 18:16:53
Go to Top of Page

Hopkins
Norway Heritage Veteran

USA
3351 Posts

Posted - 29/10/2011 :  19:35:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Janice --

IF you are talking about the Pine Lake which was in Waukesha Co. Wisconsin then you can check the LDS Family History Library catalog by searching for that county name. They appear to have marriage records filmed for a number of years and some later birth records.

There are Pine Lakes in Georgia, Nebraska, South Carolina, Massachusetts, etc. It is impossible to guess which area you might mean without clarification.

A quick Internet search for "Pine Lake settlement" came up with a website which also mentioned an early Norwegian settler called "Hans Roe" in Waukesha Co., Wisconsin.
http://www.linkstothepast.com/waukesha/
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Norway Heritage Community © NorwayHeritage.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
Articles for Newbies:

Hunting Passenger Lists:

An article describing how, and where, to look for passenger information about Norwegian emigrants
    1:   Emigration Records - Sources - Timeline
    2:   Canadian Records (1865-1935)
    3:   Canadian Immigration Records Database
    4:   US arrivals - Customs Passenger Lists
    5:   Port of New York Passenger Records
    6:   Norwegian Emigration Records
    7:   British outbound passenger lists

The Transatlantic Crossing:

An article about how the majority of emigrants would travel. It also gives some insight to the amazing development in how ships were constructed and the transportation arranged
    1:   Early Norwegian Emigrants
    2:   Steerage - Between Decks
    3:   By sail - daily life
    4:   Children of the ocean
    5:   Sailing ship provisions
    6:   Health and sickness
    7:   From sail to steam
    8:   By steamship across the ocean
    9:   The giant express steamers

Search Articles :
Search the Norway Heritage articles

Featured article