All Forums | Main Page | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 NORWEGIAN GENEALOGY
 General genealogy
 Aune Farm
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

AntonH
Norway Heritage Veteran

USA
9224 Posts

Posted - 13/02/2012 :  23:33:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Helping a friend. Her last name is Aune. Some work has been done tracing the family back to the Aune Farm, Oppdal, Sør-Trondelag. Here is the family in 1801 under Halvor Johnsen.

The name Aune is used in various birth records, for example for John in 1858, #24

http://www.arkivverket.no/URN:kb_read?idx_kildeid=2398&idx_id=2398&uid=ny&idx_side=-87

My understanding is the word aune or audne is a dialect and means abandoned or deserted, similar to the word øde. Is that correct.

Also I have used the various mapping programs to find the farm but it appears to have been swallowed up by Oppdal. Does anyone know of any sites that might have a picture of the Aune farm.

Edited by - AntonH on 30/06/2019 23:48:04

Kåarto
Norway Heritage Veteran

Norway
5861 Posts

Posted - 14/02/2012 :  00:17:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi.
You are right Anton.
Aune means abandoned, an "Ødegaard".
The name Ødegaard appeared after the Black Detah (Black Plague) 1350 where 50% of the population died.

The area seems developed.
We have Aunevegen (Aune road) in Oppdal, enter this map and write AUNEVEGEN OPPDAL

I wonder if Aane is changed to Auna?

In this article it says that the only building left from farm Aune is a restored barn called Ny-Auna (New-Auna) into a reusable shop, link

Picture of the reusable shop Ny-Auna
Includes a link to a developing company at the bottom to the left

Kåre

Edited by - Kåarto on 14/02/2012 09:48:29
Go to Top of Page

Kåarto
Norway Heritage Veteran

Norway
5861 Posts

Posted - 14/02/2012 :  15:42:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Aune, Øfnet in 1801.
Øvnet in 1772 when bachelor Halvor Jonsen Øvnet on July 23. 1772 married Marit Olsdatter Rønningen.
Their son John age 22 in 1801 was a nasjonal soldier in Opdalske company, 2. Nationale Batallion in 2. Trondheimske Infantry Regiment.

Kåre
Go to Top of Page

AntonH
Norway Heritage Veteran

USA
9224 Posts

Posted - 14/02/2012 :  16:52:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Kåre,

So all those words, Aune, Audne, Øfnet, and Øvnet mean essentially the same thing and refer to a deserted farm. Deserted as the Plague ran its course about 1400 and then resettled when the population grew. The farms then would have returned to wilderness for what 200 years?

Also thanks for the tip on the marriage of Halvor and Marit. What is the word in front of Marit's name, it does not appear to be the "pigne" one usually sees. I include a link.

http://www.arkivverket.no/URN:kb_read?idx_kildeid=16210&idx_id=16210&uid=ny&idx_side=-170

Go to Top of Page

Kåarto
Norway Heritage Veteran

Norway
5861 Posts

Posted - 14/02/2012 :  17:20:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Various spellings; Aune, Audne, Øfnet, Øvnet, Øune 1664 and Aud´n, probably even more.
I am not sure what the word in front of Marit means.
Perhaps Einar know.

There were many "free" farms after the black death 1349-50 (a Pandemic), and many disputes ended in cort over who were heirs or owners to these farms often called Ødegaard.
Often were old people used at witnesses.

Kåre
Go to Top of Page

eibache
Norway Heritage Veteran

Norway
6495 Posts

Posted - 14/02/2012 :  20:57:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I read the marriage record as "Unge Karl Halvor Jonsen Øvnet med Beswangret Marit Olsdatter Rønningen"

Interesting to read column for witnesses:
"forlow Leutenant Brunich, Regiments Smed Sivert Øvnet, Hans Erichsen Øvnet. Owerleweret Sessionens Tilladelse og far Gaard til Beboelse"

Their first child Guri was born out of wedlock, baptized Dom. 15 a Trin 1771, see 6th record, left page
Kildeinformasjon: Sør-Trøndelag fylke, Oppdal, Ministerialbok nr. 678A01 (1739-1780), "Uægte" fødte og døpte 1771-1773, side 191b.
Permanent sidelenke: http://www.arkivverket.no/URN:kb_read?idx_kildeid=16210&idx_id=16210&uid=ny&idx_side=-182.

Einar
Go to Top of Page

hasto

Norway
294 Posts

Posted - 14/02/2012 :  22:06:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The various spellings of the name: Aune, Audne, Øfnet, Øvnet, Øune, I think would all be pronounced the same way.

Harald S Storaker
4586 Korshamn, Norge
Go to Top of Page

Kåarto
Norway Heritage Veteran

Norway
5861 Posts

Posted - 14/02/2012 :  23:48:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That is new and interesting that the priest wrote "Besvangret" Pregnant.
The next is a nut to crack; "owerleweret Sessionens Tilladelse................"
Two of the best men was in the military, a lieutenant and the Regiments smith.

- Owerleweret - Handed over
- Sessionens - Military authorities that among others detremine whether a service was accomplished
- Tiladelse- Permission
- og far gaard til beboelse - get a farm to live on.

I believe soldiers in those days must have permision from the military authorities to marry.
Bachelor Halvor Johnsen was ca 26 when he married. Most likely if he had served in the army his service was finished, after the military a soldier was often transfered to the local militia.

Kåre

Edited by - Kåarto on 14/02/2012 23:49:19
Go to Top of Page

AntonH
Norway Heritage Veteran

USA
9224 Posts

Posted - 15/02/2012 :  04:25:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks everyone for all the information, I appriciate it.

Back to the farm pictures. Some years ago I remember looking at a book at the U of Minnesota that had several hundred pages of photos of farms throughout Norway. Each page had about eight or so small pictures. At that time I did not note the title of the book or the call number not thinking I would ever want to use the book. Now of course I would like to know the title of the book so I could more easily find it than wandering through the book stacks looking for it. So if any knows the book of which I write I would appreciate knowing the tiitle.

Thaks all

Edited by - AntonH on 15/02/2012 04:26:30
Go to Top of Page

eibache
Norway Heritage Veteran

Norway
6495 Posts

Posted - 15/02/2012 :  07:36:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Halvor was a soldier when he fathered the first uægte child Guri, baptized Sept 8 1771.
It is reasonable to expect that he was still in service when they married in July 1772 and therefore had to have permission from the authorities.
Halvor and Marits second child was Klara, baptized Aug 8 1774, see 3rd record on right page
Kildeinformasjon: Sør-Trøndelag fylke, Oppdal, Ministerialbok nr. 678A01 (1739-1780), Fødte og døpte 1775, side 137.
Permanent sidelenke: http://www.arkivverket.no/URN:kb_read?idx_kildeid=16210&idx_id=16210&uid=ny&idx_side=-124.
When the priest writes Beswangret in the marriage record this most likely does not mean that she was pregnant when they married but rather that she had been, ie she was not a virgin - pige.

Einar

Edited by - eibache on 15/02/2012 07:38:44
Go to Top of Page

Kåarto
Norway Heritage Veteran

Norway
5861 Posts

Posted - 15/02/2012 :  12:33:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Perhaps the book from the U of Minnesota is not online.

You could also search for farm Rønningen.

You are a good finder.
Halvors wife Marit Olsdatter was born on Rønningen 1752, bap. Sept. 9. Parents Ole Olsen Rønningen and Mali Roaldsdatter.
Mali was introdused to the congregation after the child birth (19.p.Trin.) Oct. 1. 1752

Another word for Aune was Ovnen.
Not online in the scanned church books.
Halvor was born on Ovnen (Aune) bap. Marc. 13. 1746.
Parents Jon Larsen Ovnen and Clara Ingebretsdatter Ovnen, see here.

Jon Larsen Ovnen was probably same person as Jon Larsen Riise.

Kåre
Go to Top of Page

Kåarto
Norway Heritage Veteran

Norway
5861 Posts

Posted - 15/02/2012 :  13:04:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Probateregister for Aune, Oppdal 1785.

1785 Feb. 28: on Aune: maid Brit Johnsdotter Graven, her siblings.
1 Ole Ingebrigtsen Sæter, dead, has children:
a.Ole Ingebrigtsen Sæter b Ingrid Olsdatter Stuen
2 Marta Ingebrigtsdatter married to Anders Larsen Rise
3 Klara Ingebrigtsdatter maried to Jon Larsen Aune
4 Guri Ingebrigtsdatter Rise, dead, has children:
a Anders Iversen, b Ingebrigt Iversen Rise, c Ole Iversen Rise, d Ingeborg, e Ildri, f Guri, g Klara
5 Ole Johnsen Kleven, dead, has childen:
a Sigrid unmarried, b Olava unmaried, c Klara Unmarried.
6 Ragnhild Jonsdatter Klevan
7 Klara Johnsdotter Klevan
9 Marit Jørgensdotter
10 Anna Jørgensdotter.

See almost bottom of the page
1785 28/2 here

Kåre

Edited by - Kåarto on 15/02/2012 13:05:45
Go to Top of Page

AntonH
Norway Heritage Veteran

USA
9224 Posts

Posted - 15/02/2012 :  17:02:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Big thanks Kåre for the birth date for Halvor. I did find the record for his death in 1817 and it listed his age as 71. Using that I assumed that he was born in 1746, but scanning the church records, I did not find him. The scanned chruch records for the years 1741 to at least 1747 seem to be somewhat disorganized. His death record is far lower right.

I would like to know if there is a date associated with this record. The nearest listed date seems to be 14th Trinitatis, which for 1817 would be September 1.

http://www.arkivverket.no/URN:kb_read?idx_kildeid=2775&idx_id=2775&uid=ny&idx_side=-109
Go to Top of Page

jkmarler
Norway Heritage Veteran

USA
7765 Posts

Posted - 15/02/2012 :  17:29:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by lyndal40

Thanks everyone for all the information, I appriciate it.

Back to the farm pictures. Some years ago I remember looking at a book at the U of Minnesota that had several hundred pages of photos of farms throughout Norway. Each page had about eight or so small pictures. At that time I did not note the title of the book or the call number not thinking I would ever want to use the book. Now of course I would like to know the title of the book so I could more easily find it than wandering through the book stacks looking for it. So if any knows the book of which I write I would appreciate knowing the tiitle.

Thaks all

I wonder if the book might be part of the series Norske Gardbruk The format is small pictures of the farms, next to tect listing of the buildings on the farm and who the most recent 2 owners are....
Go to Top of Page

eibache
Norway Heritage Veteran

Norway
6495 Posts

Posted - 15/02/2012 :  18:22:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
The nearest listed date seems to be 14th Trinitatis, which for 1817 would be September 1.
- I have Sept 7 for 14 Sunday a Trin. in 1817.

Einar
Go to Top of Page

Kåarto
Norway Heritage Veteran

Norway
5861 Posts

Posted - 15/02/2012 :  20:53:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Some of my info comes from this site made by Sigurd Rise from Oppdal.

He has hopefully more info to share with you or your friend,
He owns a tavern and a stone-center in a valley, Drivdalen, not fare from Oppdal center and includes an e-mail adress at the bottom, link

Kåre
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Norway Heritage Community © NorwayHeritage.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
Articles for Newbies:

Hunting Passenger Lists:

An article describing how, and where, to look for passenger information about Norwegian emigrants
    1:   Emigration Records - Sources - Timeline
    2:   Canadian Records (1865-1935)
    3:   Canadian Immigration Records Database
    4:   US arrivals - Customs Passenger Lists
    5:   Port of New York Passenger Records
    6:   Norwegian Emigration Records
    7:   British outbound passenger lists

The Transatlantic Crossing:

An article about how the majority of emigrants would travel. It also gives some insight to the amazing development in how ships were constructed and the transportation arranged
    1:   Early Norwegian Emigrants
    2:   Steerage - Between Decks
    3:   By sail - daily life
    4:   Children of the ocean
    5:   Sailing ship provisions
    6:   Health and sickness
    7:   From sail to steam
    8:   By steamship across the ocean
    9:   The giant express steamers

Search Articles :
Search the Norway Heritage articles

Featured article