All Forums | Main Page | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 NORWEGIAN GENEALOGY
 General genealogy
 soren olson 2
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 5

rkolson

USA
65 Posts

Posted - 28/08/2013 :  14:37:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
possibly. i'm looking for anna gudmunsdatter(1724-1783) from Asheim/hjelmeland who married anders danielson(1715-1778, tjentland). at death anders was shown at nedre valheim.
Go to Top of Page

Kåarto
Norway Heritage Veteran

Norway
5861 Posts

Posted - 28/08/2013 :  23:11:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
There were probably 3 Anna Gudmundsdatter in Hjelmeland at the same period.
- Your Anna Gudmundsdr. b. 1724
- Anna Gudmundsdr. b. 1718 on Røgelstad m. Joen Jonsen. ca 1740.
- Anna Gudmundsdr. married Aaen Jensen Aschviig? 1761.

Kåre

Edited by - Kåarto on 28/08/2013 23:15:06
Go to Top of Page

Kåarto
Norway Heritage Veteran

Norway
5861 Posts

Posted - 29/08/2013 :  09:50:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The church books from Hjelmeland before 1760 are lost.
Jens Munthe 1719-1813, pastor in Hjelmeland, his legacy is controversial.
The church books and other documents before 1760 were probably lost in his time.

Source; Hjelmeland Bygdebook volume 2 p. 342.

Kåre
Go to Top of Page

rkolson

USA
65 Posts

Posted - 30/08/2013 :  14:41:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Kåre, is there an interesting story about the pastor?? does that mean Anna cannot be researched any further?
quote:
Originally posted by Kåarto

The church books from Hjelmeland before 1760 are lost.
Jens Munthe 1719-1813, pastor in Hjelmeland, his legacy is controversial.
The church books and other documents before 1760 were probably lost in his time.

Source; Hjelmeland Bygdebook volume 2 p. 342.

Kåre

Go to Top of Page

Kåarto
Norway Heritage Veteran

Norway
5861 Posts

Posted - 30/08/2013 :  20:25:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The churck books earlier than 1760 are unfortunately gone.
Noone sems to know where or why, but it was the pastors property until he handed the church-books to the one who suceeded him.
Jens Munthe was pastor in Hjelmeland from 1772, still pastor in 1801, age 83.

Kåre
Go to Top of Page

rkolson

USA
65 Posts

Posted - 28/03/2014 :  17:40:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i have some conflicting info on Siri Johansdatter(1793-1849). EIBACHE found a marriage record from Jelsa indicating Siri came from Naarstad farm. The Finnoy bygdebok shows her coming from Kleivaland farm in Hjelmeland. Can anyone help with this? Thanks
Go to Top of Page

eibache
Norway Heritage Veteran

Norway
6495 Posts

Posted - 28/03/2014 :  20:46:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
When Siri Johannesdatter was married she came from Naarstad farm.

When she was reorded in the 1801 census, she was living with her mother on Kleveland, 1801.

Einar
Go to Top of Page

rkolson

USA
65 Posts

Posted - 28/03/2014 :  22:12:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Einar, thanks for clearing that up so fast
Go to Top of Page

rkolson

USA
65 Posts

Posted - 24/06/2015 :  21:18:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi. After taking some time off i am resuming my search. I am trying to locate farms of Jacob Eivindsen-b. 1696, FAA who married Karen Eriksdtr-b.1696, NAADEN. I thought they were in Finnoy but i am not sure. The FAA farm goes back to Eivind Johannssen-b.1510. Also looking for help with Soren Sorensen-b.1731, from VENJA or NORD-OYE. I will be Stavanger this summer and would like to visit these farms. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
Go to Top of Page

Hopkins
Norway Heritage Veteran

USA
3351 Posts

Posted - 24/06/2015 :  22:21:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes, the Få farm and location of Jacob/Jakop Eivindsen (b. 1696) was in Finnøy.

What is your source for the information on the others you mention? Can you go back to that source and clarify the locations?
Go to Top of Page

AntonH
Norway Heritage Veteran

USA
9224 Posts

Posted - 25/06/2015 :  01:48:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Here is the likely wife of Søren Sørensen from Geni.com. Altough Søren is also listed, very little is said about him and the birth year listed in Geni.com may be incorrrect.

http://www.geni.com/people/Susanna-F%C3%A5/6000000008686123601?through=864964
Go to Top of Page

eibache
Norway Heritage Veteran

Norway
6495 Posts

Posted - 25/06/2015 :  06:54:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Jacob Eivindsen, his father Eivind Jaobsen and his brother Lars in 1701, see left page.

Map showing Få and surroundings. (Pan and zoom to your liking)

Einar
Go to Top of Page

Hopkins
Norway Heritage Veteran

USA
3351 Posts

Posted - 25/06/2015 :  14:43:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The table of contents pages for the book "Finnøy : Gard og ætt -- b IV Sjernarøy 1" indicates a farm named Venja included about page 463. I believe that farm was located on the northern side of the island in the Sjernarøy group called Bjergøy.
The Få farm is included in the same set of books - volume 2 beginning page 366.

Thank you Einar for the beautiful link to the 1701 census. By chance you linked to a page where I also have at least one ancestor shown. I hadn't been aware of this early resource yet and will enjoy using it. The color images are wonderful.
----
I should clarify. I've previously used a number of the databases for the 1701 that have been at the Digitalarkivet website. I also tried using LDS films of other areas not extracted to databases years ago - but these color images are much improved AND I have more years of experience in reading the old handwriting. I still thank you Einar - I am really enjoying these color images new to me.

Edited by - Hopkins on 25/06/2015 17:55:20
Go to Top of Page

rkolson

USA
65 Posts

Posted - 25/06/2015 :  19:44:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
as usual you people are terrific, nice to get up in the morning and find your responses! The Få farm that i find on the maps is now almost within Judaberg, am i looking at the correct Få? Einar, I believe Hopkins has found the correct Venja farm location on Bjergøy. Thanks for finding Soren's father, I had given up on that. Some entries for Soren Sorensen include Hofman after the name, is that a farm name? Lyndal, tks for getting me to the Geni site. As for Soren's wife someone gave me his amateur book(Finnoy Vol IV) translation which indicates that his wife had been widowed after her 1st husband(Ola Nilsen) had been executed for murder in 1758. Can any of you clarify or confirm this info? Thanks again
Go to Top of Page

Hopkins
Norway Heritage Veteran

USA
3351 Posts

Posted - 27/06/2015 :  17:52:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
About 100 years earlier you will find a Søren Sørensen Hofmann/Hoffmann who was a minister in Sjernarøy. There were other members of the family who earlier and later resided also in Finnøy, Sjernarøy and Rennesøy but the name Hofmann or Hoffmann was no longer in common use.
It is generally believed that the Hofmann or Hoffmann family name came from their ancestor who was born in Denmark and came to this area in the late 1500s or early 1600s.
One of the spelling variations for Søren sometimes seen in this area is Søfren or Sofren. The parish records did show a Søfren born in 1731 to a man named Søfren.

You should carefully consult all the available bygdeboker for the areas mentioned and any primary records available. It probably won't be an easy problem to work out -- so you'll need to put your best effort into it.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Norway Heritage Community © NorwayHeritage.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
Articles for Newbies:

Hunting Passenger Lists:

An article describing how, and where, to look for passenger information about Norwegian emigrants
    1:   Emigration Records - Sources - Timeline
    2:   Canadian Records (1865-1935)
    3:   Canadian Immigration Records Database
    4:   US arrivals - Customs Passenger Lists
    5:   Port of New York Passenger Records
    6:   Norwegian Emigration Records
    7:   British outbound passenger lists

The Transatlantic Crossing:

An article about how the majority of emigrants would travel. It also gives some insight to the amazing development in how ships were constructed and the transportation arranged
    1:   Early Norwegian Emigrants
    2:   Steerage - Between Decks
    3:   By sail - daily life
    4:   Children of the ocean
    5:   Sailing ship provisions
    6:   Health and sickness
    7:   From sail to steam
    8:   By steamship across the ocean
    9:   The giant express steamers

Search Articles :
Search the Norway Heritage articles

Featured article