All Forums | Main Page | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 NORWEGIAN GENEALOGY
 General genealogy
 Descendants of Knud Thygesen Naas (1760)
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Marc Hansen
New on board

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 04/09/2014 :  05:14:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am interested in getting in touch with other descendants of Knud Thygesen Naas and Anne Aasulfsdatter Tveit, Drangedal, Telemark. Their Eldest son Thyge Knudsen and his wife Mariken Kurdola, with their daughter Asborg (and husband Gunder Nilsen Naas) and sons Elling and Ole (both of whom used the name Thygesen) all arrived at the Norwegian settlements in Dodge County Wisconsin in 1845. Only the eldest son, Knud, (my gr gr GF) remained in Norway. After getting in touch with all three sibling lines, I created a blog as a 'virtual reunion'. Interested persons are welcome to visit the site: http://tnreunion.blogspot.com/ and if 'part of the family' to join the 'reunion'

JaneC
Norway Heritage Veteran

USA
3020 Posts

Posted - 04/09/2014 :  18:56:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wonderful project. I love your blog.

First idea for using Norway Heritage for a "shout out": Ancestry.com lists about 26 public family trees that include Knud Thygesen Naas and family. You might try contacting the creators of those trees. Of course it may be you've already written to some or all of them!

A second idea: Some family historians who are interested in gathering living descendants use Facebook to write to people identified as belonging to the extended family.

Last idea: May I suggest adding names of descendants here, in this thread? Might be folks out there who would be interested who might not find your thread because they are searching internet for a more recent generation. Adding more names here in Norway Heritage = adding more search terms to generate "hits."

An online family tree here:
http://wc.rootsweb.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?op=DESC&db=rasmussen-gunder&id=P2432

Edited by - JaneC on 04/09/2014 18:59:50
Go to Top of Page

Kċarto
Norway Heritage Veteran

Norway
5861 Posts

Posted - 04/09/2014 :  23:02:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A fantastic blog.
Perhaps you have seen it?
I have access to the document where Thyge Knudsen and both parents are mentioned when Thyge takes over Naas 1824.

Kċre
Go to Top of Page

Marc Hansen
New on board

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 05/09/2014 :  05:52:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks to both responders: I am indeed familiar with the trees on Ancestry.com. and am in touch with the owner of the Rootsweb tree, and a number of others. The Direct descendant family names include Thygesen (Elling and Ole), Ole's descendants (Jensen, Gasmann, Simonson, Thygesen), Ellings's descendants (Gregerson, Thygesen), Asborg's line (Nelson, Gunderson), Knud's Line (Orvik, Hansen, Lanvarp, Gjernes ...). An important source for my data has been the work of Lil Ann Parry, who created a database of the Drangedal Slektsregister ... going back a long way. I have defined connections with most of the Gaard names in Drangedal.
Go to Top of Page

Kċarto
Norway Heritage Veteran

Norway
5861 Posts

Posted - 05/09/2014 :  12:59:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Reg. Gasmann.
Do you mean Hans Gasmann who emigrated 1843 on Bark Salvator with wife, 13 children and 7 servants, passengers nr 138-159 link
He was a member of the Norwegian Parliament 1821-22 and 1836-37.
Hans Gasmann died in Wisconsin 1861.

Kċre

Edited by - Kċarto on 05/09/2014 13:00:44
Go to Top of Page

Marc Hansen
New on board

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 05/09/2014 :  16:03:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes. One of Ole Thygesen's daughters, Tomine Mathilda Thygesen, married Henry Christian Gasmann, a grandson of Hans Gasmann. They moved to North Dakota, where there is actually a tiny crossroad town named Gasmann and a Gasmann Coulee. There were a number of children, but I have not managed to contact any living descendant.

Marc
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Norway Heritage Community © NorwayHeritage.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
Articles for Newbies:

Hunting Passenger Lists:

An article describing how, and where, to look for passenger information about Norwegian emigrants
    1:   Emigration Records - Sources - Timeline
    2:   Canadian Records (1865-1935)
    3:   Canadian Immigration Records Database
    4:   US arrivals - Customs Passenger Lists
    5:   Port of New York Passenger Records
    6:   Norwegian Emigration Records
    7:   British outbound passenger lists

The Transatlantic Crossing:

An article about how the majority of emigrants would travel. It also gives some insight to the amazing development in how ships were constructed and the transportation arranged
    1:   Early Norwegian Emigrants
    2:   Steerage - Between Decks
    3:   By sail - daily life
    4:   Children of the ocean
    5:   Sailing ship provisions
    6:   Health and sickness
    7:   From sail to steam
    8:   By steamship across the ocean
    9:   The giant express steamers

Search Articles :
Search the Norway Heritage articles

Featured article