All Forums | Main Page | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 NORWEGIAN GENEALOGY
 General genealogy
 Looking for information on Emma S. Moen
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 19

lisadelozier

USA
36 Posts

Posted - 25/02/2015 :  18:17:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by lisadelozier

quote:
Originally posted by snuppaelena

If that is the 1880 census in MInnesota I don't believe it is the right family as Emma Moen married Amund in 1880 and all our records show she was born in 1857. hmmmmm

HI My name is Lisa, I just got this information from Elena. She is the one found me and I found a predigree chart from my 3rd Great grandfather Amund and Emma (Moen) Larson what I was told by son at the end but It does not matter but we both have the same Grandmother's sister as long as it goes through the same line. so what I found is Emma's dad name is Ole Hansen born 1798 in sonstenes, lom, opplund, Norway. and mother name is Anne Rasmmusdottter... what I found she was born 1802 in sonstenes, lom, opplund, Norway. What I was told Emma was born 1860 Sonstense-ele, Lom, Opplund Norway.

I am glad that Elena found me and saw me on my Ancestory and FB too. so that's how I was like puzzle and finding who she is and found that she was speaking of Amund S. Larson (thats what I have all the information and print out from Ancestory and Family Search and RootWeb Websites).

On Family search, I found Amund (spelled was Ammond Larson) as a other and have brother or cousin name Paul Larson on the 1880 US Census "Household Record", both were a Labor on farrmer and was with familiy member of Martin Hanson (possible Hansen?)

Again on Family Group Record shows

Amund Hansen
born 28, oct 1856 Sonstenes-ele Lom, Oppland, Norway
Die 2 Jan 1940
Married 11 Oct 1883 (?late married after having Mari?)
Parent: Lars Hansen and Marie Olsdotter

Wife
Emma Moen
Born About 1860
Married
Didnt say who parent.

so I hope this helps..

Let me correct this.... my bad.. Amund's parent are Lars Hansen and Marie Olsdotter,

Lars's parent are hans jacobsen and Karie Larsdotter
Marie's parent are Ole Hansen and Anne Rasmmusdotter.

I still cannot find Emma's parent at this moments.

Sorry for the confusion what I did, I didn't read it correctly until now. forgive me.
Go to Top of Page

JaneC
Norway Heritage Veteran

USA
3020 Posts

Posted - 25/02/2015 :  19:06:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi, nice that you joined in, Lisa, and thanks for sharing all that.

About this, which you wrote: "I still cannot find Emma's parents at this moment."

Elena's private family history told that Emma was born 12 August 1857. On page one of this thread is posted the birth, 12 August 1857, of a daughter Embjør, born to Ole Olsen and Eli Johnsdatter. When Embjør was born, the family's residence is noted as a farm called Rydningen in Lom, Oppland. Then the family moved. In the 1865 census they lived on a farm called Turmoen in Lom. This family emigrated to USA, came to Brown county, Minnesota. They use their farm name instead of Olsen. The name Turmoen got shortened to Moen. Documentation of each step is posted in the thread. Embjør's name got Americanized to Emma.

So Emma Moen's parents are Ole Olsen Moen and Eli Johnsdatter.

Emma married Amund Larsen, whose parents were Lars Hansen and Mari Olsdatter, as you say. Your information fits perfectly with what the forum found out by researching the records. Amund was born on a farm called Sonstenes-eie in Lom, Oppland (I am using the Americanized spelling you used). Amund's birth record is also posted on page one of this thread.

The 1865 Norwegian national census is posted for both Emma and Amund, showing these residence names: Turmoen and Sønstenæstræet (as it is called on that record).

You mentioned Sonstenes-eie as a possible birth place for Emma. So we can be clear, Emma was born on Rydningen in Lom. Amund and Emma were not born on the same farm.

It's fun to have your additions and to see the forum's findings confirmed by your family tree info.

P.S. That suffix eie (Sonstenes-eie) has a meaning. You can ask the forum; some can answer better than I can.

Edited by - JaneC on 25/02/2015 20:21:38
Go to Top of Page

lisadelozier

USA
36 Posts

Posted - 25/02/2015 :  21:02:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by JaneC

Hi, nice that you joined in, Lisa, and thanks for sharing all that.

About this, which you wrote: "I still cannot find Emma's parents at this moment."

Elena's private family history told that Emma was born 12 August 1857. On page one of this thread is posted the birth, 12 August 1857, of a daughter Embjør, born to Ole Olsen and Eli Johnsdatter. When Embjør was born, the family's residence is noted as a farm called Rydningen in Lom, Oppland. Then the family moved. In the 1865 census they lived on a farm called Turmoen in Lom. This family emigrated to USA, came to Brown county, Minnesota. They use their farm name instead of Olsen. The name Turmoen got shortened to Moen. Documentation of each step is posted in the thread. Embjør's name got Americanized to Emma.

So Emma Moen's parents are Ole Olsen Moen and Eli Johnsdatter.

Emma married Amund Larsen, whose parents were Lars Hansen and Mari Olsdatter, as you say. Your information fits perfectly with what the forum found out by researching the records. Amund was born on a farm called Sonstenes-eie in Lom, Oppland (I am using the Americanized spelling you used). Amund's birth record is also posted on page one of this thread.

The 1865 Norwegian national census is posted for both Emma and Amund, showing these residence names: Turmoen and Sønstenæstræet (as it is called on that record).

You mentioned Sonstenes-eie as a possible birth place for Emma. So we can be clear, Emma was born on Rydningen in Lom. Amund and Emma were not born on the same farm.

It's fun to have your additions and to see the forum's findings confirmed by your family tree info.

P.S. That suffix eie (Sonstenes-eie) has a meaning. You can ask the forum; some can answer better than I can.

Thank you for clarify and that Elena and I can continue to find their parent as to go backward and we are anxious to learn about them. i also have McLean in that family possible coming from Norway and Ireland, and also Scotland. tooo many.. I found my 3rd great grandfather's parent and now am working on it today. so got to stop for now. will get back to this!
Go to Top of Page

JaneC
Norway Heritage Veteran

USA
3020 Posts

Posted - 25/02/2015 :  21:17:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This website explains that "the congregations of St Olaf, Butterfield, Rosendale, Long Lake, and Albion are all combined into one, having the same pastor and the same parsonage." Link:
http://genealogytrails.com/minn/watonwan/churcheshistory.html

Here's that 1880 US census Lisa mentioned as a possible for Amund Larson:
http://gda.arkivverket.no/cgi-win/webcens.exe?slag=visbase&sidenr=3&filnamn=MINN1880&gardpostnr=23218&merk=23218#ovre

The Paul S. Larson in the record is two years older than that Ammond. There is no brother Paul S. in the 1865 Norway census posted for our Amund Larsen, whereas in 1865 he does have a brother Ole two years older:

1865 in Lom, Oppland, Norway
Residence: Sønstenæstræet
Lars Hansen 42, widower, born in Lom
Hans Larsen 15, born in Lom
Ole Larsen 12, born in Lom
Amund Larsen 10 born in Lom

The 1880 census might or might not be our Amund, but in either case it's unlikely Paul is brother to our Amund.

Edited by - JaneC on 26/02/2015 00:36:01
Go to Top of Page

lisadelozier

USA
36 Posts

Posted - 26/02/2015 :  01:33:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by JaneC

This website explains that "the congregations of St Olaf, Butterfield, Rosendale, Long Lake, and Albion are all combined into one, having the same pastor and the same parsonage." Link:
http://genealogytrails.com/minn/watonwan/churcheshistory.html

Here's that 1880 US census Lisa mentioned as a possible for Amund Larson:
http://gda.arkivverket.no/cgi-win/webcens.exe?slag=visbase&sidenr=3&filnamn=MINN1880&gardpostnr=23218&merk=23218#ovre

The Paul S. Larson in the record is two years older than that Ammond. There is no brother Paul S. in the 1865 Norway census posted for our Amund Larsen, whereas in 1865 he does have a brother Ole two years older:

1865 in Lom, Oppland, Norway
Residence: Sønstenæstræet
Lars Hansen 42, widower, born in Lom
Hans Larsen 15, born in Lom
Ole Larsen 12, born in Lom
Amund Larsen 10 born in Lom

The 1880 census might or might not be our Amund, but in either case it's unlikely Paul is brother to our Amund.

Maybe a cousin? I know it looks the same age as it is to brother of Ole. Not sure? Do they have cousin that lives by and went together? Thanks
Go to Top of Page

lisadelozier

USA
36 Posts

Posted - 26/02/2015 :  01:42:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Its about my great grandma Clara's husband Louie Larson, he was born Norway, He came to USA to Winsconsin at age 18 at that time of 1900's? and He married to my great grandma Clara (shes usa native not from anywhere that shes been born in Washington state in usa), 1909. and He came in with his two cusin and two nephews. so I have no clue of his parent name. his parent still live norway at that time. He was working in logging over here in wisconsin and also to Washington state and how he met my great grandma. their anniversary is same as mine, their date is june 2, 1909 and mine are june 2, 2006. anyway I was hoping you could help me with his parent? i have the feelings he was born in 1880's and not sure which city or whatever in Norway... He left at age 18 years old. Hope this helps?
Go to Top of Page

jkmarler
Norway Heritage Veteran

USA
7765 Posts

Posted - 26/02/2015 :  02:00:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Here is probably your Amund Larson on the "Police" lists leaving from Oslo:
http://digitalarkivet.arkivverket.no/gen/vis/8/pe00000000437529

Where did Louie Larson live in US?
Go to Top of Page

lisadelozier

USA
36 Posts

Posted - 26/02/2015 :  02:27:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Its about my great grandma Clara's husband Louie Larson, he was born Norway, He came to USA to Winsconsin at age 18 at that time of 1900's? and He married to my great grandma Clara (shes usa native not from anywhere that shes been born in Washington state in usa), 1909. and He came in with his two cusin and two nephews. so I have no clue of his parent name. his parent still live norway at that time. He was working in logging over here in wisconsin and also to Washington state and how he met my great grandma. their anniversary is same as mine, their date is june 2, 1909 and mine are june 2, 2006. anyway I was hoping you could help me with his parent? i have the feelings he was born in 1880's and not sure which city or whatever in Norway... He left at age 18 years old. Hope this helps?

His middle name is O. sorry forgot to add and i think he born between 1875-1880??? not sure. and thats about it.

Edited by - lisadelozier on 26/02/2015 02:35:06
Go to Top of Page

lisadelozier

USA
36 Posts

Posted - 26/02/2015 :  02:31:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

His middle name is O. sorry forgot to add and i think he born between 175-1880??? not sure. and thats about it.

No. He has children of Lloyd, Wilma, Alice, thelma (Honey), and Lorraine. I have their usa census but the only person is Louie O. Larson was born norway and came to usa at age 18. He came in with his two cousin and 2 nephew.
Go to Top of Page

lisadelozier

USA
36 Posts

Posted - 26/02/2015 :  02:34:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

quote:

His middle name is O. sorry forgot to add and i think he born between 175-1880??? not sure. and thats about it.

No. He has children of Lloyd, Wilma, Alice, thelma (Honey), and Lorraine. I have their usa census but the only person is Louie O. Larson was born norway and came to usa at age 18. He came in with his two cousin and 2 nephew.

He died 1938 in Idaho, USA. He was never born in USA as I have her writing story here. She shares her story of her life.

She wrote --
Louie, He came to american when he was 18 years old, He landed in Wisconsin worked in the woods, his parents lived in Norway. The only relatives I knew of his was 2 cousins and 2 nephews.
Go to Top of Page

lisadelozier

USA
36 Posts

Posted - 26/02/2015 :  02:37:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jkmarler

Here is probably your Amund Larson on the "Police" lists leaving from Oslo:
http://digitalarkivet.arkivverket.no/gen/vis/8/pe00000000437529

Where did Louie Larson live in US?

He did landed and live wisconsin then move to Washington state in 1906 something like that, then met my great grandma Clara M. Larson (both have the same last name), and married june 2, 1909. so He was lived idaho, USA.
Go to Top of Page

snuppaelena
Starting member

USA
21 Posts

Posted - 26/02/2015 :  06:59:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you to all that have helped find information on our family, Lisa and I have met because of all you. She was the one who posted on family search dot com and ancestry dot com about Amund!!!

Elena
Go to Top of Page

lisadelozier

USA
36 Posts

Posted - 26/02/2015 :  07:05:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by snuppaelena

Thank you to all that have helped find information on our family, Lisa and I have met because of all you. She was the one who posted on family search dot com and ancestry dot com about Amund!!!

Thats right I have been working on this through ancestry and Family search, and there are Rootwebs too.. so there is a lot to help but not so much. I am still looking for emma moen that has a parent name but dont find children name? how many sister or brother does Emma have? cause all i see was embjre (is that her name?) or parent name? i am confused.. just "Emma Moen" thats it. all other rest is cool.

I also still looking for Louie O. Larson. cant find him, thats hard part!
Go to Top of Page

jkmarler
Norway Heritage Veteran

USA
7765 Posts

Posted - 26/02/2015 :  13:25:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If you post a "new" topic on Louis I will copy my posts about him over to the new topic and delete them from this topic--to keep things tidy.
Go to Top of Page

lisadelozier

USA
36 Posts

Posted - 26/02/2015 :  16:38:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jkmarler

If you post a "new" topic on Louis I will copy my posts about him over to the new topic and delete them from this topic--to keep things tidy.

Sure that'll be just fine to keep separate from Amund and Emma Larson..

Wanted to say thank you for found Louie O Larsen that says Uncle but cannot find 2 nephews and 2 cousins. So was his real name in norway as a lars? I am kinda confused with this. sorry. I am trying to get picture of how he came over with different name? hope you can find more tracks of where he is from and his family.. His parent didnt move to USA. they stayed in Norway. Wish my Great Grandma Clara would write his birthdate! and didnt say anything like that, its kinda more complicate. Thanks so much and I will keep my eyes on this. "Looking for Louie O. Larson (Larsen).
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 19 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Norway Heritage Community © NorwayHeritage.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
Articles for Newbies:

Hunting Passenger Lists:

An article describing how, and where, to look for passenger information about Norwegian emigrants
    1:   Emigration Records - Sources - Timeline
    2:   Canadian Records (1865-1935)
    3:   Canadian Immigration Records Database
    4:   US arrivals - Customs Passenger Lists
    5:   Port of New York Passenger Records
    6:   Norwegian Emigration Records
    7:   British outbound passenger lists

The Transatlantic Crossing:

An article about how the majority of emigrants would travel. It also gives some insight to the amazing development in how ships were constructed and the transportation arranged
    1:   Early Norwegian Emigrants
    2:   Steerage - Between Decks
    3:   By sail - daily life
    4:   Children of the ocean
    5:   Sailing ship provisions
    6:   Health and sickness
    7:   From sail to steam
    8:   By steamship across the ocean
    9:   The giant express steamers

Search Articles :
Search the Norway Heritage articles

Featured article