All Forums | Main Page | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 NORWEGIAN GENEALOGY
 General genealogy
 Bygdebøk Translation assistance needed
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

mkptrsn
Medium member

USA
92 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2016 :  04:17:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello,

I was wondering if someone might be able to translate a Bygdebøk excerpt from the Sør-Strand Farm, Svenes Parish, Nord Aurdal. From what I can understand it looks very interesting, maybe a dispute. Thank you for any help with this!

"Ola Knutssen vart brukar her fra 1756, då han selde det 2 hudane han hadde kjøpt i Mindstrønd i 1744 av Andris Andrisson Midstrønd for 506 riksdaler. Men i 1757 kjøpte Ola att Midstrønd for 1005 riksdaler. No hadde han Midstrønd til han selde det att i 1779 til sonen Jul for 800 riksdaler.
Ola Knudson kom ikke godt overeins med Ola Arnesen Midstrønd. Hausten 1760 stemna han Ola Arnesen for retten, og hevda at Ola Midstrønd meinte at Ola Knutsson prøvde å ta livet av han, og hadde gjort det i lang tid. Ola Arneson møtte ikke pa tinget, og saka vart utsett.

Bakgrunnen til denne krangelen kan godt liggje i saka som Ola Arneson reiste pa tinget mot Ola Knutson i februar året etter.

Han kom da med vitne som fortalte om en krangel mellom dei to våren 1760.

Ole Arnesen fortalte til Ola Knudson at eit av lamma hans låg sjukt ute på marka. Ola Knudson vart då rasande og skulda Ola Arneson for at han hadde kasta lammet. Ola A. nekta, og dermed for Ola K. i håret på han og slo han til marka.

I Oktober 1779 fekk Knut Olsen skøyte fra faren for 700 riksdaler og føderåd til foreldra. Knut og kona hans var på Midstrønd til om lag 1781. I 1787 kjøpte har 5 skinn i Gausåk gnr 78, og noko av den jorda bygsla han i 1788 til Knut Sjugurdson."

peder
Advanced member

USA
835 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2016 :  07:47:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Google translation https://translate.google.com/
Go to Top of Page

mkptrsn
Medium member

USA
92 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2016 :  08:15:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you, I tried that, I got some, but not all of it. In particular this paragraph did not make sense in the google translate.

Ole Arnesen fortalte til Ola Knudson at eit av lamma hans låg sjukt ute på marka. Ola Knudson vart då rasande og skulda Ola Arneson for at han hadde kasta lammet. Ola A. nekta, og dermed for Ola K. i håret på han og slo han til marka.
Go to Top of Page

eibache
Norway Heritage Veteran

Norway
6495 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2016 :  09:14:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This is my translation:
"Ola Knutssen became user here from 1756 when he sold the 2 hides he had bought in Mindstrønd in 1744 from Andris Andrisson Midstrønd for 506 Daler. But in 1757 Ola bought back Midstrønd for 1005 Daler. Now, he had Midstrønd until he soled it again in 1779 the son Jul for 800 Daler.
Ola Knudson did not have good relations with Ola Arnesen Midstrønd. In the autumn of 1760 took Ola Arnesen to court where he argued that Ola Midstrønd thought Ola Knutsson tried to kill him, and had done so for a long time. Ola Arneson did not meet on the council, and the case were exposed.
The background to this dispute may come from the case that Ola Arneson took to the council against Ola Knutson in February the following year.
He then came with a witness who told of a quarrel between the two in the spring 1760.
Ole Arnesen told Ola Knudson that one of the his lambs lay sick out in the field. Ola Knudson then became furious and accused Ola Arneson for having thrown the lamb. Ola A. denied, and then Ola K. attacked him and beat him to the ground.
Knut Olsen got a deed from his father for 700 Daler and pension to the parents in October 1779. Knut and his wife were on Midstrønd until about 1781. In 1787 he bought five skins in Gausåk gnr 78, and some of the land he leased in 1788 to Knut Sjugurdson."

Einar

Edited by - eibache on 01/09/2016 10:21:01
Go to Top of Page

mkptrsn
Medium member

USA
92 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2016 :  18:09:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you eibache - now I get it, he allegedly tossed a lamb. I really appreciate the help translating, Google Translate and dictionaries only get me so far with some of these translations, and a real person is sometimes needed! How interesting!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Norway Heritage Community © NorwayHeritage.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
Articles for Newbies:

Hunting Passenger Lists:

An article describing how, and where, to look for passenger information about Norwegian emigrants
    1:   Emigration Records - Sources - Timeline
    2:   Canadian Records (1865-1935)
    3:   Canadian Immigration Records Database
    4:   US arrivals - Customs Passenger Lists
    5:   Port of New York Passenger Records
    6:   Norwegian Emigration Records
    7:   British outbound passenger lists

The Transatlantic Crossing:

An article about how the majority of emigrants would travel. It also gives some insight to the amazing development in how ships were constructed and the transportation arranged
    1:   Early Norwegian Emigrants
    2:   Steerage - Between Decks
    3:   By sail - daily life
    4:   Children of the ocean
    5:   Sailing ship provisions
    6:   Health and sickness
    7:   From sail to steam
    8:   By steamship across the ocean
    9:   The giant express steamers

Search Articles :
Search the Norway Heritage articles

Featured article