All Forums | Main Page | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 NORWEGIAN GENEALOGY
 General genealogy
 filling in some blanks (html)
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

David Wallace
Medium member

USA
75 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2019 :  20:52:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
In my web page http://physicsfixes.elementfx.com/genealogy/Our%20Simonson%20Genealogy.html#Rasmus+Inger
The birth of Rasmus Olsen, and his son Ole is lacking or uncertain; Allys was born 4 days before emigration and, apparently, was not baptized. I also have not found any of them in America. inger Osmundsdatter is the sister of my great-great-grandmother Bertha.

DBWallace

AntonH
Norway Heritage Veteran

USA
9224 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2019 :  21:18:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
I also have not found any of them in America. inger Osmundsdatter is the sister of my great-great-grandmother Bertha.

What do you mean by this statement. Ancestry.com pops up this family when I search for the members of the family on your Web Page.

Rasmus Olson Berland
in the U.S., Find A Grave Index, 1600s-Current
Name: Rasmus Olson Berland
Birth Date: 1821
Death Date: 4 Oct 1897
Cemetery: Rushford Lutheran Cemetery
Burial or Cremation Place: Rushford, Fillmore County, Minnesota, United States of America
Has Bio?: Y
Father: Ole Rasmusen Berland
Spouse: Inger Berland
Children: Omon Berland
Valborg Laugen
Ole R Berland

Go to Top of Page

AntonH
Norway Heritage Veteran

USA
9224 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2019 :  21:36:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am going to do some guessing now. If the above record is the same Rasmus as in your website then the record lists the father of Rasmus Olson Berland as a Ole Rasmus Berland. There does not seem to be a Berland in either Egersund or Varhaug parish. However there is a Bærland, in Helleland parish, Rogaland. And there is a Rasmus born there in Bjerkreim local parish Helleland parish with a father named Ole Rasmussen.

Rasmus Olsen
in the Norway, Select Baptisms, 1634-1927
Name: Rasmus Olsen
Baptism Date: 23 nov 1823
Baptism Place: , Bjerkreim, Rogaland, Norway
Father: Ole Rasmussen
Mother: Anne Olsdr
FHL Film Number: 126119

Original record number 24, father is Ole Rasmusen Borland

Go to Top of Page

AntonH
Norway Heritage Veteran

USA
9224 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2019 :  22:22:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The Ole Rasmussen Borland (Bærland) listed above married Anne Olsdatter on 22 Jun 1821, Bjerkheim, Helleland, Rogaland, Norway.

And likely Ole Rasmussen born about 1799 in the 1801 Census on Bærland farm with his parents Rasmus Olsen and Berthe Larsdatter.

Edited by - AntonH on 12/03/2019 22:29:55
Go to Top of Page

David Wallace
Medium member

USA
75 Posts

Posted - 13/03/2019 :  03:19:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
without the surname Berland my searches did not find them. I remain somewhat uncertain they are the right folks, but I should be able to confirm or refute after a chouple days further research. Thanks. I do not use ancestry, preferring familysearch and other less commercial sites; I have done volunteer transcribing for a free online service only to find that Ancestry aquired the records and made them only available for $$... my ownwork and I have to pay to see it!

DBWallace
Go to Top of Page

David Wallace
Medium member

USA
75 Posts

Posted - 13/03/2019 :  04:09:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It would be so much easier if the marriage record were legible, particularly as to where Rasmus Olsen is from. https://media.digitalarkivet.no/en/view/1583/10433/48 #14

DBWallace
Go to Top of Page

jkmarler
Norway Heritage Veteran

USA
7765 Posts

Posted - 13/03/2019 :  09:24:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by David Wallace

without the surname Berland my searches did not find them. I remain somewhat uncertain they are the right folks, but I should be able to confirm or refute after a chouple days further research. Thanks. I do not use ancestry, preferring familysearch and other less commercial sites; I have done volunteer transcribing for a free online service only to find that Ancestry aquired the records and made them only available for $$... my ownwork and I have to pay to see it!

No good deed goes long unpunished!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Norway Heritage Community © NorwayHeritage.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
Articles for Newbies:

Hunting Passenger Lists:

An article describing how, and where, to look for passenger information about Norwegian emigrants
    1:   Emigration Records - Sources - Timeline
    2:   Canadian Records (1865-1935)
    3:   Canadian Immigration Records Database
    4:   US arrivals - Customs Passenger Lists
    5:   Port of New York Passenger Records
    6:   Norwegian Emigration Records
    7:   British outbound passenger lists

The Transatlantic Crossing:

An article about how the majority of emigrants would travel. It also gives some insight to the amazing development in how ships were constructed and the transportation arranged
    1:   Early Norwegian Emigrants
    2:   Steerage - Between Decks
    3:   By sail - daily life
    4:   Children of the ocean
    5:   Sailing ship provisions
    6:   Health and sickness
    7:   From sail to steam
    8:   By steamship across the ocean
    9:   The giant express steamers

Search Articles :
Search the Norway Heritage articles

Featured article