All Forums | Main Page | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 NORWEGIAN GENEALOGY
 Norwegians in America
 Hans Bjorkley, Ingabord Flatten
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Bjorkley
Starting member

USA
9 Posts

Posted - 27/05/2004 :  05:19:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks so much for all your help. The web pages here in the USA don't seem to be to much up to date. Yours seem to be so much more current.

Your willingness is help is refreshing just as I found with all my Scandinavian relatives.

Paula Bjorkley Carlson

Paula J Bjorkely Carlson
Go to Top of Page

Bjorkley
Starting member

USA
9 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2004 :  01:41:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I know you can't show me the page where Hans Bjorkley's family is listed in the 1920 North Dakota census but can you tell me if his wife's name was Ingabord or Ronnaug?

Thanks!

Paula Bjorkley Carlson

Paula J Bjorkely Carlson
Go to Top of Page

Brining
Norway Heritage Veteran

USA
868 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2004 :  05:53:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Paula I have the census in PDF format but need your email address so I can send it to you. Click on the envelope at the top of this post or click on my user name to send me an email. I will be able to reply to that and attach the census. I have had some trouble with my email so if you have tried to send me one before try again.
Carla
Go to Top of Page

Brining
Norway Heritage Veteran

USA
868 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2004 :  18:18:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Paula I just sent the PDF file. Thought I would post it here just in case the email gets lost in cyberspace. If you don't get it let me know.
Carla
Go to Top of Page

prettygal_1069
Starting member

6 Posts

Posted - 26/12/2006 :  01:23:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello. My name is Stephanie and I was wondering if you could tell me about my grandfather Richard Bjorkley, as well as some about yourself. My mom tells me that you are Richard's sister and seeing that you are interested in learning about your family history, I thought maybe you could help me learn about mine. I would really appreciate it. I am 22 and have a family of my own and I was hoping that someday I could tell my children about there grandfather and his past relatives and all about the way the traveled to America from Norway. Since you seem to know lot about this I figured you'd be the perfect person. Now I;m sure you've been harrassed alot about my Grandfather and I will try not to pry as I repsect that he just wants to be left alone. But maybe you could help me know what he was like, if he ever joined the military or if he was into mechanics and what not. Things he enjoyed as well as yourself. Also maybe if we make good enough contact maybe a picture or two as none of my aunts seem to have any to give to me. I hope thats not to much to ask. Well, ayways, I hope to hear from you soon and if not, thanks for atleast giving me the time to read this. I hope you have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. Thank you. -Stephanie Cokeley
By the way, my mother is Lorrie M. Bjorkley, which I beleive was Richards first child. So thanks.
Go to Top of Page

Ruth-Helen
New on board

Norway
3 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2007 :  16:01:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi!
Ingeborg (not Ingabord) Flaatten (Aasaarflaatten) and Rønnaug were indeed sisters. They had several siblings that all emigrated from Sel (Vaage parish) Their parents also did. The only ones that stayed behind was a sister and the oldest brother Iver. How do I know this? Well, Iver was my great grandfather :-)

Digitalarkivet

1900-telling for 0515 Vaage

Databaseveljar | Same område | 1801 | 1865 | 1875 | 1900 | Skanna kyrkjebøker | Søk

1900-telling for 0515 Vaage
Personliste Herad Krets Gardnr Bruksnr. Gard Uthus Tal pers. Pers. tilstades Pers. heimehøyrande Korn, potet Kreatur Fjærkre Bikubar Kjøkkenhage Frukthage

820 74 Vaage 10 Under 216 1 Aasaarflaatten øvre n 10 10 10 j j n n n n
5023 1 Peder S. Aasaarflatten m Hf Husmand m J, jordbrugsarbeide og skifferstensarbeide 1848 T N Baptist
5024 Ragnhild J. Aasaarflatten k Hm Husgjerning 1857 T N Baptist
5025 Iver P. Aasaarflatten m S Jordbrugsarbeide 1884 T N S
5026 Ingeborg Aasaarflatten k D ug 1886 T N S
5027 Mathias Aasaarflatten m S ug 1889 T N
5028 Pauline Aasaarflatten k D ug 1891 T N
5029 Ragnvald Aasaarflatten m S ug 1894 T N
5030 Ingvald Aasaarflatten m S ug 1897 T N
5031 Johannes Aasaarflatten m S ug 14111899 T N
5032 Rønnaug Aasaarflatten k Svigermoder Husgjerning 1830 T N S

Digitalarkivet 2004. Rettar til databasen: Digitalarkivet. Versjon frå 26.05.1998 WebCens © Jan Oldervoll 1998-2004

http://digitalarkivet.uib.no/cgi-win/WebCens.exe?slag=hentglobal®ister=gardsnavn&pgj=90&teljing=ft1900&filnamn=f00515.wc2&amt=5&funnenr=246
Go to Top of Page

Ruth-Helen
New on board

Norway
3 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2007 :  16:05:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi again!

Sorry, forgot to say that the Rønnaug on this page is Ingeborgs grandmother :-) I am new here so I hope you forgive me :-)
Go to Top of Page

Ruth-Helen
New on board

Norway
3 Posts

Posted - 13/04/2007 :  14:38:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Flaatten
Ingeborg and Rønnaugs maiden name was Pedersdatter Flaatten ( Aasaarflaatten) Their parents were Syver Pedersen Aasaarflaatten and Ragnhild Johnsdatter Aasaarflatten :-)
Go to Top of Page

richard carl
New on board

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 31/01/2010 :  15:23:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
HANS BJORKLEY IS MY GREAT GRANDFATHER. ANNA BJORKLEY BORN 1910 MARRIED MY GRANDFATHER RICHARD MERLIN CARL IN 1928. I CAN TALK WITH SEVERAL RELATIVES AND TRY TO GET MORE INFORMATION ON HANS.

R.E.Carl
Go to Top of Page

richard carl
New on board

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 31/01/2010 :  15:25:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
HANS BJORKLEY IS MY GREAT GRANDFATHER. HIS DAUGHTER ANNA IS MY GRANMOTHER. SHE WAS BORN IN 1910 AND MARRIED RICHARD MERLIN CARL IN 1928. I WILL TALK TO SEVERAL RELATIVES TO TRY AND GET MORE INFO FOR YOU.

R.E.Carl
Go to Top of Page

jwiborg
Norway Heritage Veteran

Norway
4961 Posts

Posted - 31/01/2010 :  15:30:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by richard carl

HANS BJORKLEY IS MY GREAT GRANDFATHER. HIS DAUGHTER ANNA IS MY GRANMOTHER. SHE WAS BORN IN 1910 AND MARRIED RICHARD MERLIN CARL IN 1928. I WILL TALK TO SEVERAL RELATIVES TO TRY AND GET MORE INFO FOR YOU.

Hi Rickhard. Check your keyboard and see if you have a key named Caps Lock....

Jan Peter
Go to Top of Page

jkmarler
Norway Heritage Veteran

USA
7765 Posts

Posted - 12/12/2022 :  12:46:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A full obituary for Hans Bjorkley from the Minot newspaper:
http://ndarchives.advantage-preservation.com/viewer/?k=%22bjorkley%22&i=f&d=01011800-12312021&m=between&ord=k1&fn=the_minot_daily_news_and_daily_optic_reporter_usa_north_dakota_minot_19551206_english_6&df=1&dt=10&cid=3106
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Norway Heritage Community © NorwayHeritage.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
Articles for Newbies:

Hunting Passenger Lists:

An article describing how, and where, to look for passenger information about Norwegian emigrants
    1:   Emigration Records - Sources - Timeline
    2:   Canadian Records (1865-1935)
    3:   Canadian Immigration Records Database
    4:   US arrivals - Customs Passenger Lists
    5:   Port of New York Passenger Records
    6:   Norwegian Emigration Records
    7:   British outbound passenger lists

The Transatlantic Crossing:

An article about how the majority of emigrants would travel. It also gives some insight to the amazing development in how ships were constructed and the transportation arranged
    1:   Early Norwegian Emigrants
    2:   Steerage - Between Decks
    3:   By sail - daily life
    4:   Children of the ocean
    5:   Sailing ship provisions
    6:   Health and sickness
    7:   From sail to steam
    8:   By steamship across the ocean
    9:   The giant express steamers

Search Articles :
Search the Norway Heritage articles

Featured article