All Forums | Main Page | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 MISCELLANEOUS
 General misc...
 Dark Norwegians?
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

das
Starting member

USA
20 Posts

Posted - 22/09/2005 :  18:54:25  Show Profile
Thank you Jan Peter!
That route looks much easier than over the mountains. I now realize that Boyum sits @ the mouth on a branch on the Sogn Fjord. From the photos of Boyum you couldn't tell. Lots of mountains.
For all of you that can use the information here is my family connection to the Boyum farm;
Rasmus Anfindsen Boyum. Son of Anfind Olsen Boim and Brithe Olsdatter Boyum. Born and baptized December 23, 1814. Emigrated to Hamden township, Columbia county Wisconsin. Farmer. Died October 25,1899. Married, June 18 1848 to Kristi Larsdatter Eggum, daughter of Lars Amundsen Eggum and Anna Pedersdatter. She was baptized November 6, 1813, and died January 6, 1893. she had been married before to Hermund Endresen Huke, with whom she emigrtated in 1844 and with whom she is described further.
Rasmus and Kristi had ???? children.
1. Anna 1850 (Anna Rasmusdatter Boyum)
2. Brithe 1850-1860
3. Thor - Nov. 28 1852-1880
4. Britha - Oct. 17, 1854- ?
Anna married Lewis L. Lewison (formerly Lars Larson Hengesteg from Norway) in Dane county Wisconsin.
And that is how I'm tied to the Boyum farm/family name. Funny I never noticed the names Eggum or Huke(farm names?) untill now.
I hope that some one can use this information as I don't want this to be one sided, and you all have given so much. The least I can do is put the information out there. Maybe it will help someone.
Thanks again!

Edited by - das on 22/09/2005 19:08:32
Go to Top of Page

Borge
Veteran Moderator

Norway
1293 Posts

Posted - 22/09/2005 :  19:36:27  Show Profile
This discussion is getting off track from the original subject, please continue this discussion as a new topic!

Børge Solem
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Norway Heritage Community © NorwayHeritage.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
Articles for Newbies:

Hunting Passenger Lists:

An article describing how, and where, to look for passenger information about Norwegian emigrants
    1:   Emigration Records - Sources - Timeline
    2:   Canadian Records (1865-1935)
    3:   Canadian Immigration Records Database
    4:   US arrivals - Customs Passenger Lists
    5:   Port of New York Passenger Records
    6:   Norwegian Emigration Records
    7:   British outbound passenger lists

The Transatlantic Crossing:

An article about how the majority of emigrants would travel. It also gives some insight to the amazing development in how ships were constructed and the transportation arranged
    1:   Early Norwegian Emigrants
    2:   Steerage - Between Decks
    3:   By sail - daily life
    4:   Children of the ocean
    5:   Sailing ship provisions
    6:   Health and sickness
    7:   From sail to steam
    8:   By steamship across the ocean
    9:   The giant express steamers

Search Articles :
Search the Norway Heritage articles

Featured article