All Forums | Main Page | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 NORWEGIAN GENEALOGY
 General genealogy
 Erich Jørgensen Lund family connections in Bergen
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Juanita Kronen
Starting member

USA
29 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2009 :  13:39:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I need some assistance with making a familial connection for my 6-g-grandfather Erich Jørgensen Lund from Bergen, whom may have been born around 1700. I am trying to locate his birth location and parentage. Birth and marriage records for his time period have already been searched without success.

I do have information on his marriage in 1725 to Lena Thomæsdt Falch, the births of his children and Erich and Lena's deaths in 1749 and 1754.

My problem area has been where and when Erich was born and to whom. The Lund name appears in Borgerskaps from the 1600's on, I believe they may be his family. This is where I need some help....could someone please take a look at #1127 #1250, #6514, #3994 and translate for me occupations and clarify birthplace. The place Assens i fyn appears in one record, I just don't know where that is.

Thanks in advance for assistance offered.

eibache
Norway Heritage Veteran

Norway
6495 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2009 :  14:35:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
1127 Jørgen Lauridzen gullsmed (goldsmith/jeweler) ved Assens (close to Assens - the place he was born, Assens is on Fyn in Denmark)
6514 Erich Jørgensen Lund bruger lidet kjøbmandskab (runs a small business) - born Assens on Fyn in Denmark
3994 Erich Lauridssen Lund i hr Samuels gjeld, Nordf (born in Sir Samuels Parish, Nordf most likely = Nordfjord)

Einar

Edited by - eibache on 04/06/2009 16:25:15
Go to Top of Page

AntonH
Norway Heritage Veteran

USA
9222 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2009 :  22:30:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ancestry.com recently provided access to Danish Births and Christenings from 1631 to 1900's.

They can be searched several ways, for example a search on first name Erich and fathers name Jorgen from 1660 to 1700 does not turn up any candidates.

Searching the same names from 1700 to 1740 turns up four names, listed as Name, Christening Date, Fathers Name and Christening Place. .

Erich 6 apr 1704 Jorgen Skottis ----Ronabaek, Praesto, Denmark
Erich 9 aug 1705 Jorgen Hansen Vefver -----Slagelse, Soro, Denmark
Erich 5 dec 1710 Jorgen Christensen -----Nysted, Maribo, Denmark
Erich 16 mar 1713 Jorgen Jensen -----Odense, Odense, Denmark

Only one of them is on the island of Fyn and that is the last one.

Can you provide any further information that might make the search more fruitful.

Edited by - AntonH on 05/06/2009 15:54:02
Go to Top of Page

Juanita Kronen
Starting member

USA
29 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2009 :  07:03:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the translations and birthplace location....it was a big help! I was about to go through the scanned birth and marriage records from 1690-1705 for Nykirken, the place of Erich's marriage.

quote:
Can you provide any further information that might make the search more fruitful.

No, I'm sorry all the information I had was contained. Before I sought assistance I searched for some time for the Erich Lund family pre-1725 marriage records, I came up with nothing. I now definitively know he was born in Denmark. I was thinking fyn could be Finland. His Denmark birth may explain the lack of early Norwegian records. He quite likely arrived in Norway shortly before his 1725 marriage and his parents remained in Denmark. If this is the case his parentage could remain unknown. I may be mistaken but I don't think the Danes were as methodical in record keeping.

Thank you for searching the Ancestry Danish records. The 1713 birth would be beyond Erich's birth period, given he was married in 1725. Did you try the Lund name?

Thanks again for your time and effort.

Edited by - Juanita Kronen on 05/06/2009 07:06:11
Go to Top of Page

eibache
Norway Heritage Veteran

Norway
6495 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2009 :  09:37:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
In case you have not found the marriage record of July 15 1725, it is on the right page here her name was Lene Thomasdatter Falch.

Einar

Edited by - eibache on 05/06/2009 10:00:58
Go to Top of Page

AntonH
Norway Heritage Veteran

USA
9222 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2009 :  17:09:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes, while the Lund name is frequently found in the Danish records the combination of Erich and Lund is quite uncommon. There are only two Erich Lunds, one born in 1789 father Reir Torsen Lund and the second, who is named Erich Terkildsen Lund born in 1846. Neither of these two were born on the island of Fyn.

Searching under just the name Lund and the county of Odense gives 53 names, born between 1661 and 1853, none of them named Erich and none of them from the parish Assnes.
Go to Top of Page

Juanita Kronen
Starting member

USA
29 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2009 :  22:02:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
eibache, yes I do have the 1725 marriage record.

lyndal40, thanks for checking Ancestry again for the Lund name.Too bad there was nothing there...I was hopeful.

I do have another request for translation if someone could be so kind #4316. Google and Babel Fish would be wise to hire you as translators!

Thanks for all you do.

Edited by - Juanita Kronen on 06/06/2009 22:09:15
Go to Top of Page

eibache
Norway Heritage Veteran

Norway
6495 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2009 :  07:42:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It is a probate record of August 22 1754 for the estate after Hellena Falch widow of Erich Lund. The beneficiaries were 2 sons and 4 daughters.
1. Jørgen Lund, of age and living in the city, present
2. Thomas Lund, of age and living in the city but absent due to a journey
3. Anna Margrethe 27 years, Thomas Olsen guardian
4. Dorthe 25 years, Jens Møller guardian (Dorothea is also written)
5. Hellena Christina married with Ole Thomasen Lundh, present
6. Ericha 14 , Thomas Olsen guardian
The ones that were not married were given 30 rd for marriage, Anna Marg. and Dorothea took over the house and lot for 600 rd. Ballance 1607 -"- 9. End Jan 15 1755.

Einar

Edited by - eibache on 07/06/2009 07:44:00
Go to Top of Page

Juanita Kronen
Starting member

USA
29 Posts

Posted - 08/06/2009 :  08:07:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Much appreciation for the real translation. I can reference it for future documents of its kind. I'll at least have an understandinding of such words and numbering. I wondered what the numbering arrangement meant at the end (the date).

Edited by - Juanita Kronen on 08/06/2009 08:09:01
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Norway Heritage Community © NorwayHeritage.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
Articles for Newbies:

Hunting Passenger Lists:

An article describing how, and where, to look for passenger information about Norwegian emigrants
    1:   Emigration Records - Sources - Timeline
    2:   Canadian Records (1865-1935)
    3:   Canadian Immigration Records Database
    4:   US arrivals - Customs Passenger Lists
    5:   Port of New York Passenger Records
    6:   Norwegian Emigration Records
    7:   British outbound passenger lists

The Transatlantic Crossing:

An article about how the majority of emigrants would travel. It also gives some insight to the amazing development in how ships were constructed and the transportation arranged
    1:   Early Norwegian Emigrants
    2:   Steerage - Between Decks
    3:   By sail - daily life
    4:   Children of the ocean
    5:   Sailing ship provisions
    6:   Health and sickness
    7:   From sail to steam
    8:   By steamship across the ocean
    9:   The giant express steamers

Search Articles :
Search the Norway Heritage articles

Featured article