All Forums | Main Page | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 NORWEGIAN GENEALOGY
 General genealogy
 Tallacksen Family
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

eibache
Norway Heritage Veteran

Norway
6495 Posts

Posted - 05/09/2009 :  22:36:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Now, I'll have to go searching for his first marriage...
I gave you the hyperlink #46 in my last posting.
They were married Sept 5 1839, Bernt Tobias Tallagsen was then 26 1/5 years and his first wife Ingeborg Olsdatter was 28 1/5 years.
Bernt Tobias and Ingeborgs first child was Othilie Marie born Jan 3 1840, see #50/19
Notice that Todne Olsdatter is one of the witnesses, she was Ingeborg mother, see Ingeborgs baptismal record 5th from bottom of left page, Ingeborgs parents Ole Omundsen and Todne Olsdatter.
Ole Ommundsen and Todne (Thone) Olsdatter were married Aug 18 1809, see next to the last record on right page.
Ole Ommundsen came from Magnusdal, his brother and their parents Ommund Larsen and Ingebør Johnsdatter in 1801

Einar

Edited by - eibache on 05/09/2009 23:13:55
Go to Top of Page

jkmarler
Norway Heritage Veteran

USA
7765 Posts

Posted - 06/09/2009 :  00:59:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,

Re Edward Tallacksen, at the Chicago Tribune archives (1852-1984) there are 5 instances of Edward Tallacksen's name, 1 in 1942, 2 in 1945, 2 in 1949.

You might also be interested to know that the Illinois State archives has numerous database, online and searchable including Illinois marriages 1763-1900, a pre 1916 death index and a 1916-1950 death index. If you google you will find the search page.

Good Luck,

Jackie M.
Go to Top of Page

MQBoeke
Starting member

USA
12 Posts

Posted - 06/09/2009 :  02:39:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by eibache
quote:
Now, I'll have to go searching for his first marriage...
I gave you the hyperlink #46 in my last posting.
They were married Sept 5 1839, Bernt Tobias Tallagsen was then 26 1/5 years and his first wife Ingeborg Olsdatter was 28 1/5 years.
Bernt Tobias and Ingeborgs first child was Othilie Marie born Jan 3 1840, see #50/19
Notice that Todne Olsdatter is one of the witnesses, she was Ingeborg mother, see Ingeborgs baptismal record 5th from bottom of left page, Ingeborgs parents Ole Omundsen and Todne Olsdatter.
Ole Ommundsen and Todne (Thone) Olsdatter were married Aug 18 1809, see next to the last record on right page.
Ole Ommundsen came from Magnusdal, his brother and their parents Ommund Larsen and Ingebør Johnsdatter in 1801
My mistake. It's just a little odd that both of his marriage records are #46 on different pages. My eyes saw one, and I didn't read carefully enough to notice the difference. Thank you so much for searching through those records!

In the birth record for Othilie Marie, are the last few words indicating that Reier's middle name was Andreas or something else? It looks like there are too many letters for just an alternate spelling of the name Reier.

And it looks like today is the anniversary of Bernt's first marriage!

If you're beyond polyglot, does that make you a glottoglut?

Edited by - MQBoeke on 17/09/2009 20:41:06
Go to Top of Page

eibache
Norway Heritage Veteran

Norway
6495 Posts

Posted - 06/09/2009 :  16:25:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I assume you refer to the last witness who was Loesdreng Reinert Andreas Tallagsen.

Einar
Go to Top of Page

MQBoeke
Starting member

USA
12 Posts

Posted - 06/09/2009 :  21:17:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well, that is probably a different relative than her Grandfather Reier Tallagsen [sic]. Thank you again. I've tried to learn to better read the handwriting of the time, but knowing the language better would help even more.

Go to Top of Page

JTallacksenJR
Starting member

USA
8 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2009 :  09:48:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It may be more than a long shot, but I'm still curious if I am related to Edvard Tallaksen, a Norwegian hero in WWII from Kristiansand. The fact that Berent (Bernt) was married twice and had children in both marriages might make this relation possible right?

Here's what we might know from the not so dependable Wikipedia:

Johan Edvard Tallaksen (born August 17, 1918 in Kristiansand, died November 29, 1944) was a Norwegian resistance leader and the ensign of Company Linge during World War II.

Johan Edvard Tallaksen was the son of Rasmus Tallaksen and Ludmila Eleonora. Tallaksen worked as a trade officer in his father's business in Kristiansand. In 1939, he had studied in Germany, where he acquired fluent German.

Edited by - JTallacksenJR on 08/09/2009 10:04:31
Go to Top of Page

MQBoeke
Starting member

USA
12 Posts

Posted - 14/09/2009 :  05:52:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Reier Tallaksen (Tollachsen) and his parents in 1801

Reier was baptized Nov 22 1789, see last record on left page. His parents were Tollak Reiersen and Birthe Maria Svendsdatter, Birkeland.
How do you know this Reier Tollachsen was the father of Bernt? I got really excited that we had several more levels further up our family tree based on this information, but now I'm starting to doubt that this is our Reier, anymore.

I have a death record for Reier Tallaksen, which lists him as a glazier. #43/88
I believe this to be the correct person because we saw that Bernt's father Reier was a glazier. The combo of first name, surname, & career all matching seems like it should be enough confirmation. This record shows that he was 72 when he died in 1858, which means he should've been about 15 for the census taken in 1801.
The record you found lists a Reier Tollachsen as being 11. That's close enough that I thought it may be right, but I just found another record for a Reier Tollachsen that is age 15, agreeing with the age that I think our family is looking to confirm.

Would you agree this might be the right one or do you see anything that I may have missed that counters this?

Edited by - MQBoeke on 14/09/2009 07:27:35
Go to Top of Page

eibache
Norway Heritage Veteran

Norway
6495 Posts

Posted - 14/09/2009 :  09:58:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think I was a little hasty with my proposal for Reier and I agree that your Reier who died in 1858 most likely is the one.
Reier who died in 1858, born 1786, see first record in left column he was baptized Jan 22. Father Tollak Skranefield.
Tollak Reiersen, Skranefield and Selena Andersdatter were married on Advent Sunday (Nov 28) in 1784, see right column on left page.

Einar

Edited by - eibache on 14/09/2009 15:26:36
Go to Top of Page

inaandreatholin
New on board

Norway
1 Posts

Posted - 15/09/2009 :  00:33:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This might not be very helpful, but:

Rasmus Tallaksen, the father of Johan Edvard Tallaksen, was born in Mandal in 1878 (if I am not mistaken). The impression I got was that he didn't have any siblings, and his father was a sailor/out on the sea and his mother died when he was 15. His father's name was Johan E.Tallaksen.

I do consider myself to be a very big fan of Johan Edvard Tallaksen, and it's nice to see that you (OP) have an interest in him too.

Edited by - inaandreatholin on 15/09/2009 01:36:30
Go to Top of Page

MQBoeke
Starting member

USA
12 Posts

Posted - 16/09/2009 :  20:43:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Olene Andreas parents were married Nov 3 1846, see #46
quote:

Berent Tobias [...] wife was Ingeborg Olsdatter, they married Sept 5 1839, see #46
And now I find another record that might be an earlier marriage... How many times did he marry?! This marriage was Dec 12, 1837. - last record on the right page
I can read their names as Barent Tobias Tallachsen and Hanna Gurine Gundersdatter and that they're both 26 years old.

Edited by - MQBoeke on 16/09/2009 20:45:16
Go to Top of Page

JTallacksenJR
Starting member

USA
8 Posts

Posted - 16/09/2009 :  20:58:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MQBoeke

quote:
Olene Andreas parents were married Nov 3 1846, see #46
quote:

Berent Tobias [...] wife was Ingeborg Olsdatter, they married Sept 5 1839, see #46
And now I find another record that might be an earlier marriage... How many times did he marry?! This marriage was Dec 12, 1837. - last record on the right page
I can read their names as Barent Tobias Tallachsen and Hanna Gurine Gundersdatter and that they're both 26 years old.

Matt,
I found a document that mentioned Barent's marriage to Hanna Gurine Gundersdatter the other day too. I wasn't sure that it was the same Bernt/Barent/Berent. So how many times did he marry?
Go to Top of Page

eibache
Norway Heritage Veteran

Norway
6495 Posts

Posted - 16/09/2009 :  22:12:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
And now I find another record that might be an earlier marriage... How many times did he marry?! This marriage was Dec 12, 1837
- I don't believe this is your Berent Tallaksen. This Barent was a sailor and they married in Mandal, not Kristiansand.

Einar
Go to Top of Page

JTallacksenJR
Starting member

USA
8 Posts

Posted - 16/09/2009 :  23:11:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:
And now I find another record that might be an earlier marriage... How many times did he marry?! This marriage was Dec 12, 1837
- I don't believe this is your Berent Tallaksen. This Barent was a sailor and they married in Mandal, not Kristiansand.

Ah, that's what it was that made me suspicious. I agree that this probably isn't the same Berent.
Go to Top of Page

MQBoeke
Starting member

USA
12 Posts

Posted - 17/09/2009 :  19:16:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I understand that it might not be the same man, but I can see that it also might be him.
If Bernt were a young sailor who grew up in Kristiansand, it doesn't seem too odd that he might get married to a sweetheart he met in the next major port city. After a couple of years as a sailor and the death of his local wife, he might have returned home and taken up his father's profession, married again, had a couple kids, and so on.

How likely is it that two different kids from neighboring cities born right around the same time would both be given the first name Bernt and the middle name Tobias, when they already have a similar surname of Tallaksen (spelling variations allowed)? It's just enough to make me wonder, but I can certainly believe it's possible either way.

Edited by - MQBoeke on 17/09/2009 19:18:38
Go to Top of Page

eibache
Norway Heritage Veteran

Norway
6495 Posts

Posted - 17/09/2009 :  20:47:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
I understand that it might not be the same man, but I can see that it also might be him.
- I'm quite certain that these two Berent/Bernt/Barent Tobias are not the same persons. The Berent Tobias who married Olene Andrea Poulsdatter in 1846 was then a widower 34 years old and his father was Reier Tallaksen, we have found his birth/baptismal record confirming this, he was born Nov 7 1812.
The Barent Tobias Tallachsen Hiløe who married Hanna Gurine Gundersdatter Dec 12 1837 was then 26 years old, he should have been born 1811. A more readable record of the marriage is #1 in this record the fathers name is given, it was Tallach Christoffer Olsen. From the confirmation record #16 the proof of his birth in 1811 is given, it was May 18 1811.
Q.E.D.

Einar

Edited by - eibache on 17/09/2009 20:48:26
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Norway Heritage Community © NorwayHeritage.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
Articles for Newbies:

Hunting Passenger Lists:

An article describing how, and where, to look for passenger information about Norwegian emigrants
    1:   Emigration Records - Sources - Timeline
    2:   Canadian Records (1865-1935)
    3:   Canadian Immigration Records Database
    4:   US arrivals - Customs Passenger Lists
    5:   Port of New York Passenger Records
    6:   Norwegian Emigration Records
    7:   British outbound passenger lists

The Transatlantic Crossing:

An article about how the majority of emigrants would travel. It also gives some insight to the amazing development in how ships were constructed and the transportation arranged
    1:   Early Norwegian Emigrants
    2:   Steerage - Between Decks
    3:   By sail - daily life
    4:   Children of the ocean
    5:   Sailing ship provisions
    6:   Health and sickness
    7:   From sail to steam
    8:   By steamship across the ocean
    9:   The giant express steamers

Search Articles :
Search the Norway Heritage articles

Featured article