All Forums | Main Page | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 PASSENGER LISTS AND EMIGRANTS
 Hunting Passenger Lists
 Jesenius Brynlunds journey to USA
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Roar Brynlund
Starting member

Norway
5 Posts

Posted - 16/02/2011 :  23:42:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
JB my fathers uncle started his journey in Trondheim, Norway on the 14.06.1893 with the Wilson line ship Juno sailing to UK. According to norwegian emigrant lists he should be sailing from UK to USA with a ship from Allan line. Going to Paynesville in Minn. Have not mannaged to find either the port or the ship when leaving UK or the arriving port in USA/Canada. Any record of what he was doing in Minn. He was back in Norway before 1900. (Norwegian census info). When did he leave USA going back to Norway. A lot of questions. (His christian name may have various spellings). Hope someone can give me an answere to some of the them.
Regards
Roar Brynlund

jkmarler
Norway Heritage Veteran

USA
7765 Posts

Posted - 17/02/2011 :  15:41:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,

Have you looked him up in the 1910 Norwegian census online at the Digitalarkivet? That census does ask repatriated Norwegians about the length of the their stay in US, where they lived, and when they returned....

Jackie M.
Go to Top of Page

Lester Hanson
Advanced member

USA
567 Posts

Posted - 17/02/2011 :  19:23:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
For reference to others, here is the 1900 census with Jesenius and his family. Jesenius is a Fishmongerhttp://www.digitalarkivet.no/cgi-win/webcens.exe?slag=visbase&sidenr=3&filnamn=f01818&gardpostnr=491&personpostnr=3356&merk=3356#ovre

Here is a list of Brynlunds emigrating from Trondheim. The date for Jesenius leaving is listed as 1993, which is a typo.
http://www.digitalarkivet.no/cgi-win/webcens.exe?slag=visbase&sidenr=3&filnamn=f01818&gardpostnr=491&personpostnr=3356&merk=3356#ovre

There is a Maren (Petrine) Brynlund emigrating in 1898, and doing a return trip as an Amierican citizen in 1902. Her first desttination was also Paynesville.

There should be some more answers available to you in Minnesota.

Les
Go to Top of Page

eibache
Norway Heritage Veteran

Norway
6495 Posts

Posted - 17/02/2011 :  19:44:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Correct link for the emigration records is this.

Jesenius Samuel Brynlund married Katinka Amalie Brygmoen May 30 1910, see #3.
Jesenius in 1910.

Einar

Edited by - eibache on 17/02/2011 20:40:57
Go to Top of Page

Lester Hanson
Advanced member

USA
567 Posts

Posted - 18/02/2011 :  00:00:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Here is the birth record for Maren Petrine Johanna,

She was born 29 March 1875. Her parents were Anders Broulund (Brynlund?) Andersen Age 45, and Ane Marie Smith, age 33. Married 1859. Bjorn?

So, Maren and Jesenius are siblings. I have not had any luck with the US censu to find her.

Roar, do you have any knowledge of Maren living in Mora, MN?

The emigration record from Trondheim was supposed to be this one, which contains 7 Brynlund's
http://digitalarkivet.uib.no/cgi-win/webcens.exe?slag=visbase&filnamn=EMITROND

There is an 1865 census that contains Maren Petrines Family before she was born.
http://digitalarkivet.uib.no/cgi-win/webcens.exe?slag=visbase&sidenr=11&filnamn=f61818&gardpostnr=340&personpostnr=2202&merk=2202#ovre.

Patrine;s father later married Kristine Olsdtr, as per the 1900 census.

I think this is the birth record for Kristine Karine Olsdtr, Anders wife in the 1900 census. She is #37.
http://www.arkivverket.no/URN:kb_read?idx_kildeid=16545&idx_id=16545&uid=ny&idx_side=-102

Les
Go to Top of Page

eibache
Norway Heritage Veteran

Norway
6495 Posts

Posted - 18/02/2011 :  09:35:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Anders Andersen and Anne Marie Smith were married Nov 3 1859, see #13.

Einar
Go to Top of Page

Lester Hanson
Advanced member

USA
567 Posts

Posted - 18/02/2011 :  10:21:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Roar, are you in need of more information about the Brynland's in Norway?
The Confirmation records indicate there are several more children born to Anders Andersen and Anne Marie Smith.

Les
Go to Top of Page

Roar Brynlund
Starting member

Norway
5 Posts

Posted - 18/02/2011 :  17:14:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,
Thanks for answere. But for the Brynlund family living in Norway I have a good record, but for those who emigrated or went to USA/Canada for a couple of years I'm lacking a lot of information. For my grand uncle Jensenius I have received more information about his journey. He left UK, Liverpool end of June 1893 bound for Quebec, Canada. He was registred as Jas Brynlund. Still I need info about:
1. The name of the Ship (Allan Line)
2. What was he doing in Paynesville, Minn
3. When did he leave for Norway (Departure port and name of ship)
Hope someone can give me answeres to the questions, or give me a good internet adr. where I might find something.
Roar B
Go to Top of Page

Lester Hanson
Advanced member

USA
567 Posts

Posted - 18/02/2011 :  18:53:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Here is a Canadian website which lets you search by ship's nanes.
You have look for passengers, page by page.

http://www.collectionscanada.gc.ca/databases/passenger/001045-100.01-e.php

Have you used this web site, by clicking on "Departures 1825 - 1925'" in the upper right corner. It will take you to menu of ships that left England for Quebec.
Les
Go to Top of Page

jwiborg
Norway Heritage Veteran

Norway
4961 Posts

Posted - 18/02/2011 :  19:12:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Jas Bryalund arrived Quebec, CA on July 2nd, 1893, sailing on the SS Numidian from Allan Line Steamship Co. Departuring Liverpool, England on 1893-06-22.

Jan Peter
Go to Top of Page

jwiborg
Norway Heritage Veteran

Norway
4961 Posts

Posted - 18/02/2011 :  19:21:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Roar Brynlund

Still I need info about:
3. When did he leave for Norway (Departure port and name of ship)
Roar B

I don't think you will find that, because those records are not kept. Many people returned on the emigrant ships going to America, but I have never seen any records of returning passengers...

Jan Peter

Edited by - jwiborg on 18/02/2011 19:21:39
Go to Top of Page

Roar Brynlund
Starting member

Norway
5 Posts

Posted - 20/02/2011 :  00:04:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for name of the ship and the arrival time in Canada.
To Les I have never used the link you suggested but from your link I found a query form and have sent a request for the Passenger List to the Library and Archives in Canada. I found the Microfilm Nr and ref Nr so I hope they may come up with something. The Passenger List will maybe give me an answere why he was going to Paynesville, Minn.
To Jan Peter I tought passenger records were recorded for passeger also leaving USA and maybe for those entering UK.
Roar
Go to Top of Page

Lester Hanson
Advanced member

USA
567 Posts

Posted - 20/02/2011 :  01:14:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Roar, you can use the Canadian web site to look up the records for Jesenius. The manifiest only says Paynesville is his destination. The page with his name on, is very, very faint.

I think it was page 7, and look for Paynesville, in order to find his name.

Les
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Norway Heritage Community © NorwayHeritage.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
Articles for Newbies:

Hunting Passenger Lists:

An article describing how, and where, to look for passenger information about Norwegian emigrants
    1:   Emigration Records - Sources - Timeline
    2:   Canadian Records (1865-1935)
    3:   Canadian Immigration Records Database
    4:   US arrivals - Customs Passenger Lists
    5:   Port of New York Passenger Records
    6:   Norwegian Emigration Records
    7:   British outbound passenger lists

The Transatlantic Crossing:

An article about how the majority of emigrants would travel. It also gives some insight to the amazing development in how ships were constructed and the transportation arranged
    1:   Early Norwegian Emigrants
    2:   Steerage - Between Decks
    3:   By sail - daily life
    4:   Children of the ocean
    5:   Sailing ship provisions
    6:   Health and sickness
    7:   From sail to steam
    8:   By steamship across the ocean
    9:   The giant express steamers

Search Articles :
Search the Norway Heritage articles

Featured article