All Forums | Main Page | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 PASSENGER LISTS AND EMIGRANTS
 Hunting Passenger Lists
 Christen Hansen Ulland family
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Dusty Nelms
Medium member

USA
87 Posts

Posted - 11/02/2011 :  02:56:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am trying to determine Christen Hansen's children. Chisten, son of Hans Urlien and Sonov Andersdr. was born July 9, 1782 at Urlien, Faberg. He married Sonov Andersdtr. and I believe they moved around a bit. How is one to know for sure who their children are. In searching birth records using their first names, I have found what I believe are possibilities: Sonov Gronlien, b. 15 May 1826, Marthe Gronlien, b. 12 Mar. 1828, Berthe, b. 10 Aug. 1830 Lier, Erich, b. 26 Feb. 1832 Lier, Matthias (my grandfather), b. 15 Feb. 1833 Lilleulland and Peder, b. 12 Apr. 1836 Lilleulland. Since there are no census records available at this time, is there any way to know if these would be their children, or if there are others? Thank you to anyone who may have advice on this. -Dusty

eibache
Norway Heritage Veteran

Norway
6495 Posts

Posted - 11/02/2011 :  16:25:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The bapt records for the two known brothers
Mathias #17 and
Peder #49.

The confirmation records could be a place to find other siblings. Example Peder, born July 14 1836, see #101. Here is stated that he was born on LilleUlland and that his parents were Chr Hansen and Martha Pedersdatter.

Einar

Edited by - eibache on 11/02/2011 16:56:04
Go to Top of Page

Dusty Nelms
Medium member

USA
87 Posts

Posted - 11/02/2011 :  18:15:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
[quote]Originally posted by eibache

The bapt records for the two known brothers
Mathias #17 and
Peder #49.

The confirmation records could be a place to find other siblings. Example Peder, born July 14 1836, see #101. Here is stated that he was born on LilleUlland and that his parents were Chr Hansen and Martha Pedersdatter.

[/quoteThat is a good idea. I'll have to try to find the confirmation records. I figured Mathias and Peder were siblings, but not sure of the rest. In that day and age, it seems like there were always lots of children. Thank you, Dusty
Go to Top of Page

eibache
Norway Heritage Veteran

Norway
6495 Posts

Posted - 11/02/2011 :  20:30:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Christen Hansen, Urlien (43) and Marthe Pedersdatter, Arlien (25) were married June 7 1825, see #25.
Christen was baptized July 14 1782, see
5th record in second column. Only father Hans Urlien is named in this record.

Christen Hansen in 1801.
His parents listed 3 and 4 lines below as Hans Iversen (67 years) and Sønnøv Andersdatter (65 years).

Einar

Edited by - eibache on 11/02/2011 20:44:17
Go to Top of Page

Dusty Nelms
Medium member

USA
87 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2011 :  01:00:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by eibache

Christen Hansen, Urlien (43) and Marthe Pedersdatter, Arlien (25) were married June 7 1825, see #25.
Christen was baptized July 14 1782, see
5th record in second column. Only father Hans Urlien is named in this record.

Christen Hansen in 1801.
His parents listed 3 and 4 lines below as Hans Iversen (67 years) and Sønnøv Andersdatter (65 years).

Thank you. I took your earlier suggestion and found the first 2 children I listed do appear to be of the same family and the next 2 appear to be from a different family. However, in going back and forth between the birth/baptism records and confirmation records, I did find another child - so I'm now up to 5 children in the family. Your information has been very helpful to me. I appreciate it! :) -Dusty
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Norway Heritage Community © NorwayHeritage.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
Articles for Newbies:

Hunting Passenger Lists:

An article describing how, and where, to look for passenger information about Norwegian emigrants
    1:   Emigration Records - Sources - Timeline
    2:   Canadian Records (1865-1935)
    3:   Canadian Immigration Records Database
    4:   US arrivals - Customs Passenger Lists
    5:   Port of New York Passenger Records
    6:   Norwegian Emigration Records
    7:   British outbound passenger lists

The Transatlantic Crossing:

An article about how the majority of emigrants would travel. It also gives some insight to the amazing development in how ships were constructed and the transportation arranged
    1:   Early Norwegian Emigrants
    2:   Steerage - Between Decks
    3:   By sail - daily life
    4:   Children of the ocean
    5:   Sailing ship provisions
    6:   Health and sickness
    7:   From sail to steam
    8:   By steamship across the ocean
    9:   The giant express steamers

Search Articles :
Search the Norway Heritage articles

Featured article