All Forums | Main Page | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 MISCELLANEOUS
 General misc...
 Axel Oskar Arnesen born 1854 Fredrikshald (??)
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Louise Kane
New on board

United Kingdom
2 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2011 :  09:22:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
[quote]Originally posted by eibache

The marriage record is #21 - Aksel Oskar Andersen (Arnesen?) was 1. mate, born in Fredrikshald 1854 and his father was blacksmith Emanuel Arnesen (Andersen?), Emilie Janson was born in Hölens forsamling, Dalsland (Sweden) 1849 and her father was carpenter Peter Janson.

Axel Oscar was born May 9 1854, see #82. His parents were blacksmith Emanuel Arnesen and Andrine Marie Olsdatter.

Hi David, Axel Arnesen was my great grandfather (I believe you spoke with my father Eric earlier this week)..I can't really assist with tracing ancestors however I do have some photos tucked away which I wil ltry and locate for you.

Regards

Louise Kane (Arnesen)
Go to Top of Page

David Yaw
Medium member

United Kingdom
128 Posts

Posted - 06/08/2011 :  10:13:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have been unable to trace any further record for Emilie Janson (Jansen ??) born Dalsland 1849 nor her father Peter Janson in the Norwegian State archives or on family search.

Neither have I been able to locate a similar Swedish archive site nor a website community eqivalent to Norwegian Heritage -though I note the existence of such a similar site was queried in another Norwegian Heritage post some time back, but without response.

Can anyone help please.

REgards
Go to Top of Page

eibache
Norway Heritage Veteran

Norway
6495 Posts

Posted - 06/08/2011 :  20:38:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Similar to Norway heritage you can ask for help in Anbytarforum

Swedish parish records can be searched if you sign on as a member in ArkivDigital.

Einar
Go to Top of Page

David Yaw
Medium member

United Kingdom
128 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2011 :  16:07:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Johan Frederik Arnesen.

I located the marriage in Halden on 29/12/1870 of Axel's elder brother Johan Frederik to Elvine Christine Olsen, and their children

- Carl Johan Emmanuel Arnesen b 28/8/1871, Halden
- Peter Edvind Armesem b 20/8/1873, ditto
- Herman Eugen Arnesen b 24/8/1876, ditto
- Helga Elvine Arnesen b 5/11/1882, Oddernes.

I also found Carl's marriage to Barbra Gunhilde Joergensen, and their children Edith Wencke Arnesen b 1900 and Ervin Reidar Arnesen b 1903.

But I now hit a wall and can find no reference of any further marriages and children of those marriages, or death details for any of these individuals.

Can anyone help please.

Go to Top of Page

David Yaw
Medium member

United Kingdom
128 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2011 :  16:12:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Anne Dortea Arnesen

I found the marriage of Axel's sister Anne to Johan August Guldbrandsen in Halden on 12 June 1866. I also found thei record of birth for daughter Anna Marie Guldbrandsen, b 3/1/1867, Halden.

I can find no record of other children, marriage of Anna Marie or any deaths of these individuals.

Can anyone help please
Go to Top of Page

David Yaw
Medium member

United Kingdom
128 Posts

Posted - 26/02/2012 :  18:58:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am indebted to Heritage Community member janrm for unlocking further details of Axel's wife Emilie Janson, b 18 June 1849 in Holm, Dalsland, Sweden.

Emilie's parents :
Peter Janson b 21 Mar 1818 & Anna Lisa Larsdoter b 2 Mar 1824; married 8 July 1842, Holm.

Emilie's siblings :
Britta Lena b 23 Mar 1844
Heleni b 12 July 1846
Sofia b 3 Oct 1852

Anna Lisa's parents :
Lars Nilsson b 1792
Johana Svensdoter b 1790

Anna Lisa's siblings :
Stina b 1817
Anders b 1820
Maja Stina b 18 Sept 1831.

All birth places indicated as Holm, where the family lived on Westby Ostra farm.

Hopefully these records will be useful for others researching this family line in future.

Grateful if anyone can help with Peter Janson's parents.

Jan, many thanks again for your efforts.
Go to Top of Page

johnellis
New on board

United Kingdom
2 Posts

Posted - 10/10/2012 :  18:13:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Louise/David

I'm also researching Axel & Emile's line on behalf of my daughter-in-law Lisa Arnesen, whose grandfather Peter Gustav Adolf Arnesen was the eldest son of Axel & Emile.

I know that Lisa has mentioned that she's corresponded with an uncle called Eric in Newport, so i assume this is Louise's father. I'd be interested in making contact with you both

John

John
Go to Top of Page

David Yaw
Medium member

United Kingdom
128 Posts

Posted - 13/10/2012 :  18:51:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by johnellis

Louise/David

I'm also researching Axel & Emile's line on behalf of my daughter-in-law Lisa Arnesen, whose grandfather Peter Gustav Adolf Arnesen was the eldest son of Axel & Emile.

I know that Lisa has mentioned that she's corresponded with an uncle called Eric in Newport, so i assume this is Louise's father. I'd be interested in making contact with you both

John

Go to Top of Page

David Yaw
Medium member

United Kingdom
128 Posts

Posted - 13/10/2012 :  18:54:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by David Yaw

quote:
Originally posted by johnellis

Louise/David

John

John, pleased to get your note. Peter's sister Agnes Andrine Arnsen was my grandmother. Thanks to community members, we have a good trail on Axel & Emilie's parents as well as their descendants, most of it captured on this site. Send a message to my e-mail adress (accessible through my profile on this site) and I'll be pleased to help you navigate your way through it.

Regards

David

Go to Top of Page

johnellis
New on board

United Kingdom
2 Posts

Posted - 14/10/2012 :  13:45:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
David
Unable to send you an email as it says that there is no contact details available; however, you'll see that I've posted my email address for you to see so if you want to contact me direct that's fine.

John

John
Go to Top of Page

David Yaw
Medium member

United Kingdom
128 Posts

Posted - 08/10/2013 :  18:13:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
One of Axel's great grand-daughters has located a photo of him. It is taken in the studio of W H Schmidt, 925 W, North Avenue, Chicago - but is undated.

I see his studio is listed in the Chicago city directory for 1900, so the photo could have been taken around then - Axel died in Newport in Q3 1905.

There is also a photographer W Schmidt in a different part of Chicago in the 1880 city directory - might he have been one and the same and moved his studio to North Avenue ??

Any info which would help narrow down the date would be welcome.

I'm also puzzled how Axel got to Chicago. He was living in S Wales by the mid-1880's, and I guess sailing out of Newport.

Elsewhere on this site, it is commented that it was unusual for vessels to sail from Norway direct to Chicago - Quebec was a more likely destination, or New York and then overland. Did the same apply to sailings from S Wales ??

I found an Axel Arnesen entering USA via Ellis Island on 15 November 1900 on the vessel State of Nebraska - but his dob is 1858 (4 years off) and his residence is given as Norway, not S Wales.

Any other suggestions please ??
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Norway Heritage Community © NorwayHeritage.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
Articles for Newbies:

Hunting Passenger Lists:

An article describing how, and where, to look for passenger information about Norwegian emigrants
    1:   Emigration Records - Sources - Timeline
    2:   Canadian Records (1865-1935)
    3:   Canadian Immigration Records Database
    4:   US arrivals - Customs Passenger Lists
    5:   Port of New York Passenger Records
    6:   Norwegian Emigration Records
    7:   British outbound passenger lists

The Transatlantic Crossing:

An article about how the majority of emigrants would travel. It also gives some insight to the amazing development in how ships were constructed and the transportation arranged
    1:   Early Norwegian Emigrants
    2:   Steerage - Between Decks
    3:   By sail - daily life
    4:   Children of the ocean
    5:   Sailing ship provisions
    6:   Health and sickness
    7:   From sail to steam
    8:   By steamship across the ocean
    9:   The giant express steamers

Search Articles :
Search the Norway Heritage articles

Featured article