All Forums | Main Page | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 NORWEGIAN GENEALOGY
 Norwegians in America
 Looking for Ole Nicolai Larson Rĝo
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

AntonH
Norway Heritage Veteran

USA
9216 Posts

Posted - 21/10/2013 :  02:02:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Probably the same person that Jane found.

South Dakota Death Index, 1905-1955
Name: Lars J Boyd
Certificate Number: 66076
Death Day: 14
Death Month: Sep
Death Year: 1919
County: Kingsbury
Page Number: 692
Go to Top of Page

AntonH
Norway Heritage Veteran

USA
9216 Posts

Posted - 21/10/2013 :  02:11:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
A lovely narrative about Lars's life:

Not only that but it explains who are the parents of Ole Larsen. Kristi Jacobsdatter Bauge and Lars Olson Roo.

It also explains whos the cousins are. Or at least one of them, Edith. She is listed as Thorbjorg Elizabeth daughter of Ole Jacobson and Britta Olsdatter Bauge. Maggie the other cousin could be her sister Mangela Olida.

Good find to explain the family.

Edited by - AntonH on 21/10/2013 04:46:36
Go to Top of Page

JaneC
Norway Heritage Veteran

USA
3020 Posts

Posted - 21/10/2013 :  15:30:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Okay - Ole Boyd's death record or marriage record in Illinois should list his parents. If not found online, then the Original Poster can order the death certificate of Ole N. Boyd in Kane County, Illinois, died June 1952.

Edited by - JaneC on 21/10/2013 15:42:17
Go to Top of Page

GeiHo
New on board

Norway
3 Posts

Posted - 21/10/2013 :  18:34:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you very much, both of you, Jane and Anton, for the information given.
First of all Ole's arrival year was 1894 (not 1884). His parents were Kristi Jacobsdatter Bauge and Lars Olson Rĝo, and he had 3 sisters, Gurine Helene (my grandmother), Herborg and Torbjĝrg, and a younger brother Jakob.
I can see that Ole and his wife Lydia, must have been married approx 1910, and they had a son Clarence born in 1911 and died in 1958, burried in Aurora as well as his parents. Clarence was married to a Margeret.
Ole and Lydia also had a dauther Viola C Boyd, who can be the same person as registred in 4622 Elm, Hammond, Indiana in 1948??

goh
Go to Top of Page

JaneC
Norway Heritage Veteran

USA
3020 Posts

Posted - 22/10/2013 :  14:33:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by JaneC

The next step is ... to post his day-month-year of birth, his birth place, and his parents' names. These will identify him in the USA on marriage, military, citizenship, and death records.

Ole Boyd's death record or marriage record in Illinois should list his parents.

Hi, you are welcome. Did you already firmly identify this Ole? Anton found a 1928 naturalization record for Ole Nickolaus Larson. An Ancestry.com user suggested an alternate name for this record of Ole Nickolaus Boyd. This Ole was born 08 Dec 1875; the record seems to refer to the same person as found in the other records posted by Anton. In addition we should theoretically be able to find a World War I draft registration with his birth date (I'm sorry to say I didn't find it when I searched), and the birth date should be 08 Dec 1875, and that should be the same as the record in Norway for "your" Ole. Also the marriage and death record for this Ole in Illinois, when found, should list the correct parents.

Edited by - JaneC on 22/10/2013 14:49:40
Go to Top of Page

GeiHo
New on board

Norway
3 Posts

Posted - 22/10/2013 :  18:15:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have records for this Ole from his birth in Norway in a Place called Rĝo. His official birth date is 01 Dec 1875. He was registered by the emigration authorities in Norway 28 Feb 1894. I found a Ole Larsen in US Cencus Records in 1900 in Stuntz, Saint Louis, Minnesota. The other Cencus Records for 1910, 1920 and 1930 he lives together with his family in Aurora Ward 7, Kane, Illinois.
But, I have not managed to find any records for marrige, birth date of his children or wife, nor any World War I draft registration. What I'm really searching, is there any relatives from my Ole living today...my mother 92 years old, is telling stories from her childhood and remembering her own mother wondering what happened to her brother

goh
Go to Top of Page

AntonH
Norway Heritage Veteran

USA
9216 Posts

Posted - 22/10/2013 :  23:59:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Here is a link to the Kane County Genealogical Society. They have a master list of names that includes Ole, Clarence and Viola Boyd. What the records are is difficult to determine, but they do have an address if you want to make an inquire.

http://www.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~ilkcgs/

Edited by - AntonH on 23/10/2013 00:00:05
Go to Top of Page

jkmarler
Norway Heritage Veteran

USA
7765 Posts

Posted - 23/10/2013 :  13:37:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Here is Ole Boyd's WWI draft registration, click view image to the see the actual:

https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/K688-2ZZ
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Norway Heritage Community © NorwayHeritage.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
Articles for Newbies:

Hunting Passenger Lists:

An article describing how, and where, to look for passenger information about Norwegian emigrants
    1:   Emigration Records - Sources - Timeline
    2:   Canadian Records (1865-1935)
    3:   Canadian Immigration Records Database
    4:   US arrivals - Customs Passenger Lists
    5:   Port of New York Passenger Records
    6:   Norwegian Emigration Records
    7:   British outbound passenger lists

The Transatlantic Crossing:

An article about how the majority of emigrants would travel. It also gives some insight to the amazing development in how ships were constructed and the transportation arranged
    1:   Early Norwegian Emigrants
    2:   Steerage - Between Decks
    3:   By sail - daily life
    4:   Children of the ocean
    5:   Sailing ship provisions
    6:   Health and sickness
    7:   From sail to steam
    8:   By steamship across the ocean
    9:   The giant express steamers

Search Articles :
Search the Norway Heritage articles

Featured article