All Forums | Main Page | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 NORWEGIAN GENEALOGY
 General genealogy
 Thorer Larson Mo (Moe)
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

AntonH
Norway Heritage Veteran

USA
9224 Posts

Posted - 10/01/2014 :  18:01:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Maybe a long shot for the emigration of Lina. Here is a Lina leaving from Oslo in 1892 and from Eidsvold. And is listed as travelling to Boston. A passenger on both lists is Jenny Jensen What concerned me about the record is that on the orginal manifest she is listed as travelling to Minn.

http://digitalarkivet.no/cgi-win/webcens.exe?slag=visbase&sidenr=6&filnamn=EMIOSLO&gardpostnr=90175&merk=90175#ovre

And arriving in Boston.

Boston, Passenger and Crew Lists, 1820-1954
Name: Lina Christensen
Estimated Birth Year: abt 1867
Port of Departure: Liverpool, England and Queenstown, Ireland
Ship Name: Catalonia
Arrival Date: 4 Jul 1892
Port of Arrival: Boston, Massachusetts
Last Residence: Norway

Edited by - AntonH on 10/01/2014 18:11:45
Go to Top of Page

AntonH
Norway Heritage Veteran

USA
9224 Posts

Posted - 10/01/2014 :  18:31:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Arrival of Anders, Karoline and Holger. Travelling to brother-in-law Ole Moe, Jamestown Kansas.

New York, Passenger Lists, 1820-1957
Name: Anders Gulliksen Ossli
Arrival Date: 26 Nov 1904
Birth Date: abt 1879
Ethnicity/ Nationality: Norwegian
Port of Departure: Liverpool, England
Port of Arrival: New York, New York
Ship Name: Baltic
Go to Top of Page

Kåarto
Norway Heritage Veteran

Norway
5861 Posts

Posted - 10/01/2014 :  21:11:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wow
Seems like all of or most of the siblings emigrated.

Cant find any of the parents in the 1900 census.

Wonder what Østli was changed to in America, it means "Eastern slope"

Kåre
Go to Top of Page

jkmarler
Norway Heritage Veteran

USA
7765 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2014 :  00:01:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A lot of children on a husmansplass, might not be worth hanging in for.
Go to Top of Page

AntonH
Norway Heritage Veteran

USA
9224 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2014 :  00:14:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Did not use Østil,

Kansas State Census Collection, 1855-1925
Name: Anders Gulliksen
Census Date: 1 Mar 1905
Residence County: Jewell
Residence State: Kansas
Locality: Calvin
Birth Location: Norway
Family Number: 9
Estimated Birth Year: abt 1880
Race: White
Line: 1
Roll: ks1905_69
Household Member(s):
Name Age
H Hanson 64
Sarene Hanson 69
Anders Gulliksen 25
Karoline Gulliksen 28
Adolf Gulliksen 1
Go to Top of Page

jkmarler
Norway Heritage Veteran

USA
7765 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2014 :  13:23:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Another brother of Lina named Lars:

Lars Christensen in 1900 census in Oslo:
http://digitalarkivet.no/cgi-win/webcens.exe?slag=visbase&filnamn=f00301&personpostnr=103751&merk=103751

Lars Christensen in 1910 census in Oslo:
http://digitalarkivet.arkivverket.no/ft/person/pf01036392207647

Lars Christensen baptism #20 b. 17 May 1870:
Kildeinformasjon: Akershus fylke, Feiring i Hurdal, Ministerialbok nr. II 2 (1860-1877), Fødte og døpte 1870, side 26.
Permanent sidelenke: http://www.arkivverket.no/URN:kb_read?idx_kildeid=7226&idx_id=7226&uid=ny&idx_side=-31

Edited by - jkmarler on 11/01/2014 13:27:01
Go to Top of Page

jkmarler
Norway Heritage Veteran

USA
7765 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2014 :  14:10:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Christen Hansen and Marie Borgersdatter still alive in 1900:

http://digitalarkivet.uib.no/cgi-win/WebCens.exe?slag=visbase&sidenr=8&filnamn=f00240&gardpostnr=166&personpostnr=1064&merk=1064#ovre

The people Karoline, Anders and Holger Adolf were counted with in 1905 were advanced age Hansons--were they relatives as well?
Go to Top of Page

jkmarler
Norway Heritage Veteran

USA
7765 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2014 :  14:34:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sister of Lina, Maren Indiana #8:
Source information: Akershus county, Feiring in Hurdal, Parish register (official) nr. II 2 (1860-1877), Birth and baptism records 1861, page 4.
Permanent pagelink: http://www.arkivverket.no/URN:kb_read?idx_kildeid=7226&idx_id=7226&uid=ny&idx_side=-7
Go to Top of Page

Kåarto
Norway Heritage Veteran

Norway
5861 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2014 :  23:56:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Feiring church build 1875 where Lina Marie was confirmated Link

Feiring Stave-church was demolished fall 1693 and replaced by a new church in timber build next to the old stave-church and where Lina Marie was bapt,
This church was replaced by present Feiring church.
From the interior:
The Crusifix from 1250, the Baptism font in stone is from the middle-age, the Altarpiece from 1600 and the Altar from 1690.

Feiring was a sub parish in Eidsvoll until 1777.

Kåre

Edited by - Kåarto on 12/01/2014 00:59:07
Go to Top of Page

Kåarto
Norway Heritage Veteran

Norway
5861 Posts

Posted - 12/01/2014 :  00:56:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Family tree for Kristen Hansen Østli (born on Krestenrud) and Marie Borgersdatter (born on Langgaardseie) d. Jan. 18. 1907 link

Kåre
Go to Top of Page

conniekmoe
Starting member

USA
14 Posts

Posted - 13/01/2014 :  01:13:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kåarto

Family tree for Kristen Hansen Østli (born on Krestenrud) and Marie Borgersdatter (born on Langgaardseie) d. Jan. 18. 1907 link

Kåre

THANK YOU KARE FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART. I CANNOT BELIEVE THE WORK THE YOU AND OTHERS DID FOR ME. AMAZING!!!!
In summary: I am assuming for the Moe line of my husband's family with Hans Thorersen Mo appearing to be the only son of Thorer Larsen Mo and Kari that we would have no relatives currently living in Norway (except for the families of brothers and/or sisters of both Thorer and Kari). I am also assuming that all of you were not able to find information as to any of these brothers and/or sisters. This is NOT a complaint, just an assumption because you found a wealth of information about Lina Marie Kristiansendatter's family. I will follow up with trying to see if there are any family member's from this branch still in Norway today. I can't wait to see Feiring Church, Gjerdrum and all the towns of our Norwegian ancestors (even by marriage for me). I have my first grandson - August Travis Moe (another Moe generation). I can't wait to share his family's history with him.
You have given me a wonderful gift. I wish I could repay you at least with a special hug.

Connie Moe
Go to Top of Page

conniekmoe
Starting member

USA
14 Posts

Posted - 13/01/2014 :  01:16:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jkmarler

Sister of Lina, Maren Indiana #8:
Source information: Akershus county, Feiring in Hurdal, Parish register (official) nr. II 2 (1860-1877), Birth and baptism records 1861, page 4.
Permanent pagelink: http://www.arkivverket.no/URN:kb_read?idx_kildeid=7226&idx_id=7226&uid=ny&idx_side=-7

'

Dear Jkmarler -
THANK YOU FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART. I CANNOT BELIEVE THE WORK THE YOU AND OTHERS DID FOR ME. AMAZING!!!!
In summary: I am assuming for the Moe line of my husband's family with Hans Thorersen Mo appearing to be the only son of Thorer Larsen Mo and Kari that we would have no relatives currently living in Norway (except for the families of brothers and/or sisters of both Thorer and Kari). I am also assuming that all of you were not able to find information as to any of these brothers and/or sisters. This is NOT a complaint, just an assumption because you found a wealth of information about Lina Marie Kristiansendatter's family. I will follow up with trying to see if there are any family member's from this branch still in Norway today. I can't wait to see Feiring Church, Gjerdrum and all the towns of our Norwegian ancestors (even by marriage for me). I have my first grandson - August Travis Moe (another Moe generation). I can't wait to share his family's history with him.
You have given me a wonderful gift. I wish I could repay you at least with a special hug.

Connie Moe
Go to Top of Page

conniekmoe
Starting member

USA
14 Posts

Posted - 13/01/2014 :  01:20:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by lyndal40

quote:

Did not use Østil,

Kansas State Census Collection, 1855-1925
Name: Anders Gulliksen
Census Date: 1 Mar 1905
Residence County: Jewell
Residence State: Kansas
Locality: Calvin
Birth Location: Norway
Family Number: 9
Estimated Birth Year: abt 1880
Race: White
Line: 1
Roll: ks1905_69
Household Member(s):
Name Age
H Hanson 64
Sarene Hanson 69
Anders Gulliksen 25
Karoline Gulliksen 28
Adolf Gulliksen 1

Dear lyndal40
THANK YOU FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART. I CANNOT BELIEVE THE WORK THE YOU AND OTHERS DID FOR ME. AMAZING!!!!

Connie Moe
Go to Top of Page

conniekmoe
Starting member

USA
14 Posts

Posted - 13/01/2014 :  01:24:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by vivi

Hi

Thorer and Kari married in april 1830 in Gjerdrum, Akershus.

No 4;
Permanent sidelenke: http://www.arkivverket.no/URN:kb_read?idx_kildeid=7631&idx_id=7631&uid=ny&idx_side=-207
Permanent bildelenke: http://www.arkivverket.no/URN:NBN:no-a1450-kb20061102030569.jpg

They had a son Hans, born May 24, 1826 in Gjerdrum
No 11:
Permanent sidelenke: http://www.arkivverket.no/URN:kb_read?idx_kildeid=7631&idx_id=7631&uid=ny&idx_side=-76
Permanent bildelenke: http://www.arkivverket.no/URN:NBN:no-a1450-kb20061102030438.jpg

Here you have Hans in the 1865 census living on the farm Mo:
http://digitalarkivet.arkivverket.no/ft/person/pf01038021000991

Dear Vivi

Connie Moe
Go to Top of Page

conniekmoe
Starting member

USA
14 Posts

Posted - 13/01/2014 :  01:27:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by peder

family tree

http://www.mundia.com/no/Search/Results?givenName=thorer&surname=moe&gender=Unknown&birthDay=&birthMonth=&birthYear=1801&birthPlace=Norway&deathDay=&deathMonth=&deathYear=&deathPlace=&motherGivenName=&fatherGivenName=&spouseGivenName=&showMembersOnly=false

Dear Peder

Connie Moe
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Norway Heritage Community © NorwayHeritage.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
Articles for Newbies:

Hunting Passenger Lists:

An article describing how, and where, to look for passenger information about Norwegian emigrants
    1:   Emigration Records - Sources - Timeline
    2:   Canadian Records (1865-1935)
    3:   Canadian Immigration Records Database
    4:   US arrivals - Customs Passenger Lists
    5:   Port of New York Passenger Records
    6:   Norwegian Emigration Records
    7:   British outbound passenger lists

The Transatlantic Crossing:

An article about how the majority of emigrants would travel. It also gives some insight to the amazing development in how ships were constructed and the transportation arranged
    1:   Early Norwegian Emigrants
    2:   Steerage - Between Decks
    3:   By sail - daily life
    4:   Children of the ocean
    5:   Sailing ship provisions
    6:   Health and sickness
    7:   From sail to steam
    8:   By steamship across the ocean
    9:   The giant express steamers

Search Articles :
Search the Norway Heritage articles

Featured article