All Forums | Main Page | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 NORWEGIAN GENEALOGY
 General genealogy
 Dorthe Hansdotter Rasmussen
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

bbecktynset
Starting member

USA
11 Posts

Posted - 12/09/2016 :  23:29:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am pretty certain that my ancestral line goes back to Rasmus Madsen who was born in Fyn Denmark in 1575. I have been looking for information on his wife Dorthe Hansdatter Oluffson Madsen for a while now. I tend to believe her father was Hans Oluffson, but can' t find any real sense of who her mother was. I have gone to ancestry, and other sources, but people tended to get the birthdates wrong as they had the child birthdate being older than the parents. One ancestry link had her father being Hans Gjertsson Busch, and her mothe being Maren Svensdatter, and I almost think that the mother's name is Maren because Rasmus and Dorhte had a daughter that was named Maren. This is a toughie, and I wouldn't doubt that no info would be available.

https://www.geni.com/people/Dorte-Hansdatter/6000000005442512925

Kċarto
Norway Heritage Veteran

Norway
5861 Posts

Posted - 12/09/2016 :  23:56:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think you are right.
Rasmus Madson came as priest from Fyn in Denmark to Tynset in Norway ca 1600 where he settled down on farm Flĝten located close to the church. There he married Dorte Hansdatter and ca 1600 they got a daughter Maren who married Simen Pedersen Utby born ca 1600.
Dorte Hansdatter was daughter to the former priest in Tynset, Hans Olsen/Hans Oluffson

Its more info here but you need a translater, click here

Good luck

Kċre

Edited by - Kċarto on 13/09/2016 00:32:41
Go to Top of Page

AntonH
Norway Heritage Veteran

USA
9224 Posts

Posted - 13/09/2016 :  16:35:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
An additional discussion on this family and the descendants.

Archives

This discussion references seveal Family Trees on genie.com for this family including this one for Dorthe Hansdatter. This Family Tree also does not list a person as her mother.

https://www.geni.com/people/Dorte-Hansdatter/6000000005442512925?through=6000000002164854023

Edited by - AntonH on 13/09/2016 16:46:25
Go to Top of Page

bbecktynset
Starting member

USA
11 Posts

Posted - 13/09/2016 :  17:07:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
And I noticed she had a half sister on that tree so somewhere there is a different mother or father for that case, and there are different fathers mentioned on certain trees. A Hans Gjertsen Busch. As stated in my original post.
Go to Top of Page

AntonH
Norway Heritage Veteran

USA
9224 Posts

Posted - 13/09/2016 :  18:16:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
There is a lot of information on Hans Gjerdsen Busch and he apparently had a daughter named Dorothea but she is not listed as having married Rasmus Madssen. Here is a genie.com link for him and his familyl I am a member of Ancestry.com and find it very useful for searching for data, but I have not found the Family Trees posted on Ancestry to be very reliable. Genie.com is slightly more reliable and at times will provide links to other and at times better sources.

https://www.geni.com/people/Hans-Busch/600000000345421445

And a few other Family Trees for Hans Busch

http://vestraat.net/TNG/getperson.php?personID=I8096&tree=IEA

http://www.roysofting.com/Slekt/getperson.php?personID=I1287&tree=Anton

At a glance, I did not see a connecton between this family and your Rasmus Madsen.

Edited by - AntonH on 13/09/2016 21:29:58
Go to Top of Page

bbecktynset
Starting member

USA
11 Posts

Posted - 13/09/2016 :  18:24:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Me too, and someone is posting wrong because I have seen trees on there where she is listed as such so someone is messing up. Which has frustrated things.
Go to Top of Page

Kċarto
Norway Heritage Veteran

Norway
5861 Posts

Posted - 13/09/2016 :  20:56:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I believe one of the reasons is that the "Bygde-book" from Tynset reg. Rasmus Madson has several errors which again has misled several family trees online.

His nick name Fynbo means an inhabitant of Fyn.

Rasmus Madson was pastor in Tynset from 1601/1602-1628. Personell chaplain (The priests assistent) under Hans Oluffson probably together with Lars Klemetsen in 1601.
Source; Lokalhistorie-wiky only in Norwegian where he is mentioned among all the priests in Tynset link

Kċre

Edited by - Kċarto on 13/09/2016 21:00:16
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Norway Heritage Community © NorwayHeritage.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
Articles for Newbies:

Hunting Passenger Lists:

An article describing how, and where, to look for passenger information about Norwegian emigrants
    1:   Emigration Records - Sources - Timeline
    2:   Canadian Records (1865-1935)
    3:   Canadian Immigration Records Database
    4:   US arrivals - Customs Passenger Lists
    5:   Port of New York Passenger Records
    6:   Norwegian Emigration Records
    7:   British outbound passenger lists

The Transatlantic Crossing:

An article about how the majority of emigrants would travel. It also gives some insight to the amazing development in how ships were constructed and the transportation arranged
    1:   Early Norwegian Emigrants
    2:   Steerage - Between Decks
    3:   By sail - daily life
    4:   Children of the ocean
    5:   Sailing ship provisions
    6:   Health and sickness
    7:   From sail to steam
    8:   By steamship across the ocean
    9:   The giant express steamers

Search Articles :
Search the Norway Heritage articles

Featured article