All Forums | Main Page | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 NORWEGIAN GENEALOGY
 General genealogy
 Better translation needed
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

jkmarler
Norway Heritage Veteran

USA
7765 Posts

Posted - 24/02/2019 :  18:25:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
There was an article published in Morgenbladet (Kristiania) on 5 July 1904, page 5 column 1 that had this paragraph, followed by a list of names, broken out by cemetery and roughly arranged chronologically within each cemetery. I tried Google translate, which see below but I'm still not understanding what's happening. Can someone Norwegian fluent explain what's going on with the burials of these people named?

"Bekjendtgjørelse
I henhold til kirkegaardsreglementets §§ 17-19 varsles herved Fæsterne af nedennævnte gravsteder—eller I tilfæld den eller de personer, some efter § 17 maatte være berettigede til at fornye fæstet—om inden en Frist at 6 – sex—uger fra dato at godtgjøre sin ret til fornyelse og betale afgiften, idet gravstederne I modsat fald hjemfalder gravlunden til fri Forfoining."

Google translate:
"proclamation
According to Sections 17-19 of the Church Regulations, the enclosures of the following burial grounds are hereby notified — or in the case of the person or persons who, according to § 17, must be entitled to renew the attachment — whether within the time limit six to six weeks from that date. its right to renewal and to pay the tax, as the burial grounds otherwise fail the graveyard for free refinement."

My relatives, a 2 great grand uncle Lars Olsen and his widow Cecilie Olsen are mentioned. He did die 17 March 1883 In Kristiania, so it appears this is in concern of his burial at Sofienberg cemetery since the date 17 Mar 1903 appears in his / her listing. I would just like more clarity about the announcement.

Edited by - jkmarler on 25/02/2019 00:24:35

jwiborg
Norway Heritage Veteran

Norway
4961 Posts

Posted - 24/02/2019 :  20:13:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Proclamation
According to Sections §17-19 of the Cemetery Regulations, the leasers of the following burial grounds are hereby notified — or in the case of the person or persons who, according to §17, are entitled to renew the ground rent — to within the deadline of 6 -six- weeks from date to prove its right to renewal and pay the ground rent, otherwise the burial grounds will be returned to the cemetery for free.

It's a note for the descendants that they must renew the ground rent for the graves, otherwise the graves will be reused. The 20 year preservation period is about to expire.

Edited by - jwiborg on 24/02/2019 20:16:59
Go to Top of Page

jkmarler
Norway Heritage Veteran

USA
7765 Posts

Posted - 24/02/2019 :  20:40:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Many thanks.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Norway Heritage Community © NorwayHeritage.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
Articles for Newbies:

Hunting Passenger Lists:

An article describing how, and where, to look for passenger information about Norwegian emigrants
    1:   Emigration Records - Sources - Timeline
    2:   Canadian Records (1865-1935)
    3:   Canadian Immigration Records Database
    4:   US arrivals - Customs Passenger Lists
    5:   Port of New York Passenger Records
    6:   Norwegian Emigration Records
    7:   British outbound passenger lists

The Transatlantic Crossing:

An article about how the majority of emigrants would travel. It also gives some insight to the amazing development in how ships were constructed and the transportation arranged
    1:   Early Norwegian Emigrants
    2:   Steerage - Between Decks
    3:   By sail - daily life
    4:   Children of the ocean
    5:   Sailing ship provisions
    6:   Health and sickness
    7:   From sail to steam
    8:   By steamship across the ocean
    9:   The giant express steamers

Search Articles :
Search the Norway Heritage articles

Featured article